PDA

View Full Version : Oh what a night!

Colm
01/05/2004, 11:32 AM
I just want to say that I don't think I've enjoyed a City match so much as I did last night in a long long time. As always the bus trip as great fun but I'm talking about the actual time spent in Dalymount.
The match, the great goals, the atmosphere, the topless goal celebrations(!), rubbing it in to the old Bohs cnut who was giving out to me, having "words with Alan Reynolds and Roddy at HT, team and fans celebrating together afterwards etc etc etc.

It really was great and a much needed and well deserved win. The players gave it their all and you could see how much it meant to them and Dolan.... I think we're back on track lads.... Home Farm won't know what hit them on thursday! :)

Gary
01/05/2004, 11:37 AM
Great result, yes, but lets not get carried away. Another 3 points against Hone Farm is vital, then we have 2 home games on the trot.

Heres hoping.

Colm
01/05/2004, 11:46 AM
Great result, yes, but lets not get carried away. Another 3 points against Hone Farm is vital, then we have 2 home games on the trot.

Heres hoping.

Not getting carried away at all, just saying it was one of those nights that it felt great being a City fan.
It shows what we've got the potential to do though, we've now beaten both Pats and Bohs away.... that's a great achievement. I'd LOVE it if we beat Waterford away aswell now in a few weeks!

Just looking at the Bohs MB there, they don't seem too happy at all! :D

Gary
01/05/2004, 11:49 AM
Ya, was looking at it as well, but lets not write them off.

I actually had a thought about the Waaaaaherfurh game a while ago. Itll be great if we beat them, but if we dont, i wouldnt worry.

Small team with no real ambition after all.

But is it not beyond the realms of possibility that if City fans got it together that we could fill their stand. That would show them who the big club are!

Neil
01/05/2004, 12:01 PM
SOmeone on the $hels message board saying he "was listening to Newstalk and the guy was there saying that Cork and Bohs fans where throwing bottles at each other ? "

Did I miss that! :confused:

Troy.McClure
01/05/2004, 12:12 PM
SOmeone on the $hels message board saying he "was listening to Newstalk and the guy was there saying that Cork and Bohs fans where throwing bottles at each other ? "

Did I miss that! :confused:

I think that a beer mat might have come our way (before being carried off by the wind).

As Colm said, it was one of those nights. No matter how many (wrong) penelties we conseeded, I think that we were always going to win.

Colm
01/05/2004, 2:48 PM
What had judas to say for himself??

I don't think I gave him the chance to say anything!

Snatch
01/05/2004, 4:20 PM
There was a plastic bottle thrown at us. But how do you expect their fans to act after the example given by Robbie Doyle on his way into the tunnel?

It was, I suspect, young fellas about 10 years of age. We have the same problem at the Cross too.

pete
04/05/2004, 9:16 AM
City well deserved the win but test will be to perform like that every week plus away form certainly much better than performances at the cross. 3-2 completely flattered Bohs & thought city doidn't sit back as much as have in the past. Dan Murray or Doyler would be my MOTM.

Think saw 2 plastic bottles thrown by kids at front of the stand. Thought stewarding was very poor considering the oldest "hooligan" was maybe 12.

Peadar
04/05/2004, 1:10 PM
Thought stewarding was very poor considering the oldest "hooligan" was maybe 12.

That's a bit harsh Pete.
The stewarding wasn't intimidating and at times seemed too relaxed but when those kids started to gang together they sheppard them away very quickly and kept them behind a barrier.
They put our bendy flags under the plastic thing so that they wouldn't get walked on. They said to me after that the lads could go on the pitch of they needed room to fold the flags. I don't think we were ever in any danger and the stewards knew that because they know their own crowd.
Their biggest problem was the little gurriers standing on the backs of the seats. There are nearly as many seats broken by "home" fans as there are by Rovers fans.

pete
04/05/2004, 2:09 PM
Yeah stewarding was relaxed & not likerly to cause any incidenst like at some other grounds. Was just saying if they had 14 year old thugs instead of 12 year olds would them have coped? ;)

NorthoftheLee
04/05/2004, 4:20 PM
Yeah stewarding was relaxed & not likerly to cause any incidenst like at some other grounds. Was just saying if they had 14 year old thugs instead of 12 year olds would them have coped? ;)

thought the stewards were very good......very helpful and you could actually talk to them unlike the fools at poormond park.....were dead on in letting us put the flags up and down and also very quick in getting rid of the young scum from the top of the stand....the bunch of 12 yr olds trying to start trouble was dealt with fine...nothing was gonna start...they moved them back quick enough...

Neil
04/05/2004, 6:42 PM
IMO Bohs are the only other club in the eL (along with City) who have any sort of plan as regards stewarding and security.

They were excellent the other night.

Due to the fact that it seems to be more volunteers than Frontline apes? Correct?

Colm
04/05/2004, 7:19 PM
Due to the fact that it seems to be more volunteers than Frontline apes? Correct?

Yeah that seems to be the case alright, I had a few words with one of them and he said he was just an ordinary Bohs fan.
I think the fact that some of them are fans themselves they understand that we get a bit worked up and angry and excitable and maybe go a bit wild in our celebrations etc from time to time and they know how to react i.e leave us alone. Whereas the clowns in Inchicore think that if you so much as shout a bit of abuse or whatever it will lead to a full scale riot and more often then not their over the top reactions only serves to make people more aggressive and create a more tense situation.

ConfusedBlue
04/05/2004, 9:02 PM
I actually had a thought about the Waaaaaherfurh game a while ago. Itll be great if we beat them, but if we dont, i wouldnt worry.

Small team with no real ambition after all.

But is it not beyond the realms of possibility that if City fans got it together that we could fill their stand. That would show them who the big club are!
Yeah which is why we have plans being put in place at the minute to purchase our own land and develop our own stadium,unlike ye lot who squat in the home of the MFA!!
I'd love to see ye try and fill the stand seeing as the away support only get an allocation of 200-250 stand tickets.I seem to remember last time ye were down ye promised to bring 2000+ and only managed 400 at most!!!!
:confused:

Gary
04/05/2004, 9:24 PM
Fair enough. It'll be really great if ye avoid relegation again this year though. I really hope ye do, as its good to have a Munster derby in the premier division.

Best of luck!

A face
05/05/2004, 12:10 AM
Just saw the Bohs game on Chorus (Derek Keily was brilliant, i think he is getting better and better) and have to say the ref was very poor. DK pointed it out aswell ... Bobby Ryan took Fenn out in the box and there was another two infingements that, on their own might of had warranted a yellow but in the interest of play (fair enough) the ref let them slide, grand ...... Ryan commits another foul and is yellow carded. He had it coming and no dispute, grand. The next card given was to Lordan, to whom the ref had never spoken to all game (roughly 35-40 mins gone at this stage) for a nothing incident or at very least, not as bad as any of Ryan tackles. Totally inconsistent and over the top.

Also the first peno was totally ball to hand ... no question about it.

The second peno .... fair enough not not in line with the rest of his decisions all night.

Anyway .... Jodi does look good (pity there was more there) one moer thing .... if City and Bohs had kept the ball on the deck a bit more and played passing football (it was good but if they just did it a bit more) for longer, it would be a great game to watch.

A face
05/05/2004, 12:20 PM
Anyone know when the game will be repeated on Chorus???

Dont know ... they are all over the place this year. There was Rugby on as well last night, just ot let you know. I'd say either Wed, Fri or Sat. ..... that aint much help i know.

SÓC
05/05/2004, 12:32 PM
Saw it on Chorus too, you could hear the City fans singing all the time.
You could even hear Robbie Doyle cursing at the Ref, silly silly boy. they showed him walking off but the shot was cut just before he gave the City fans the finger. A group of City fans were waving happily at him at that point.

As for the penos. You can see why he gave them, but they were both still very soft and we should have had one in the first half. That makes 4 very sorf penos against us this season. Dolan must have hit a nerve in Merrion Sq.

patsh
05/05/2004, 1:22 PM
I saw it again on Chorus last night.
Maybe a case for the second penalty, but a disgraceful dscision for the first one.
Even Keily was going on about how one sided the ref was.

the 12 th man
05/05/2004, 2:08 PM
What times is sports weekly on Chorus??

normally 8 to 9 on mon night.(i think they changed it this week for the bank hol)
both penos were very dodgy.1 st one was ball to hand,2 nd glen crowe felt a hand on him and lost the power in his legs.
where did pat dolan go at the final whistle??.he was nowhere to be seen as the teams etc were leaving the pitch.even stephen kenny was looking around for him,i presume to shake hands :rolleyes:

A face
05/05/2004, 3:09 PM
normally 8 to 9 on mon night

I think that what ever they show in any given day, runs on the same time slot. 6.30, 8.00 and 10.30.

tiktok
05/05/2004, 9:07 PM
where did pat dolan go at the final whistle?

He came running across to the fans, then on the way to the dressing room he started grabbing two or three at a time hugging and kissing, screaming 'rebel army' and 'what about that ref' and getting us all wound up :D