PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Doyle = £600,000.00

A face
30/04/2004, 9:23 PM
Today's star reports that Charlton Ath are looking at Kevin Doyle having been impressed by performances in the madiera tournament.

It has been rumoured else where that they'll pay £600,000.00 Sterling for him.

ccfcman
30/04/2004, 9:24 PM
for that sorta money we'd hav eto let him go,doubt there is any substantial truth tho

adamcarr
Id still rather have Super Kev! ;)

ccfcman
Id still rather have Super Kev! ;)
even for €800,000?

ccfcman
30/04/2004, 9:29 PM
there was also the whole kearney to fulham thing for 125k a while back also

A face
30/04/2004, 9:33 PM
i wouldn't mind losing him for that money but the thing is there aren't alot of players like Doyler around at the moment. It would be hard to replace him and not leave a gapping hole there (we have enough of them). It is hard to get quality players and when you do, they cost an arm and a leg.

adamcarr
30/04/2004, 9:33 PM
even for €800,000?
Thats less than £600,000 :p :D :p

eoinh
30/04/2004, 9:43 PM
That sort of money would do a lot for city.

i dont believe it though.

Snatch
30/04/2004, 11:22 PM
Super Kev had a great game tonight. He'd played very like Flynny would, always taking on the defence at speed. He had no right to get to the ball first for his goal but did so with speed and determination. He ran up and down Dalymount all night despite having played half an international on Tuesday.

It must be sickening for St. Pat's fans to see what a player he has turned into. He has gotten a lot stronger too, to add to his silky skills.

I hope he'll on a long contract with us!

Gary
30/04/2004, 11:35 PM
Pure ****e if you ask me!

And nobody did!!!!!!!!! ;) :rolleyes: ;)

£600k? As much as i would be loathe to lose Super Kevin Doyler, no team could refuse that kinda graid for any player. Not to mention Charlton are a very progressive club who make very shrewd transfers.

I believe, he is the best signing City have ever made, better than both George and Flynn, and thats saying alot.

Counting Crow
01/05/2004, 9:38 AM
Yeah, it's hard to ignore performances like this particularly when he is doing it so often at both Club and International level.

I think English Clubs certainly take notice when a player goes away and does so consistantly well against international opposition.

Plus Doyler is still very young but is strong physically unlike Kearney ( who obviously has buckets of talent but will always struggle because of his size ).

Hope he is on a long contract ............!

eoinh
01/05/2004, 9:54 AM
unlike Kearney ( who obviously has buckets of talent but will always struggle because of his size ).

Maradonna was small too. I always thought Maradonna was quite usefull though. :p

Glad Doyle played well last night. Hes been good this season although in fairness he was shocking against the Drogs last Friday week.

Note: In todays Sports supplement of the Irish Times they have a huge colour picture of Byrne scoring but inside they have another colour pic of Nwanko going for a ball (hes a fav of their cameraman for some reason).

They got a bit mixed up though as they called him Michael Ndo. Mixed him up with Joseph Ndo of Pats.

GavinZac
01/05/2004, 7:08 PM
One Word

indispenable

at this stage of the clubs development i think €850,000 would be an offer we couldnt refuse.

probably a load of crap though.

Hitman
02/05/2004, 1:36 PM
Wouldn't Pats and his schoolboy clubs be due some of the fee?

Gary
02/05/2004, 2:03 PM
One Word

indispenable

Sure thats not even a word! Maybe u krauts needs to brush up on your english.

I dont think anyone would block Doyle to move to a club like Charlton. If he did move, I certainly wouldnt bet against him making it either. The guy is simply pure class, and at a figure like £600k, no eL club could refuse.

pete
04/05/2004, 9:23 AM
Doubt anybody would offer 600k for an eL player as they'd have good chance of getting anyone for 1/2 that.

Kevin Doyle is having a superb season & has really improved from last year. IMO not good in midfield & shows his true form as a forward. His finishing was dodgy last year but more solid now, he runs all night & showing some real strength to hold off defenders.

Dodge
04/05/2004, 9:30 AM
Don't forget we'd get a share of that....

No way he'll go for 600K. If they offered UK£250,000 City would take it. Lets not try and fool people. That injection of cash would almost guarentee you the league...

pete
04/05/2004, 11:20 AM
Wouldn't think Pats would get much as AFAIK Doyle wasn't at Inchicore very long. We talking small percentages anyway, maybe 20% tops for junior club?

A face
04/05/2004, 1:25 PM
Pats weren't the team who found him and brought him through so imo they get and deserve nothing.

Are you serious ... Pats wouldn't get a red cent ??!?!

Well .... easy come, easy go .... why ye didn't hany ont ohim i'll never know.

Dodge
04/05/2004, 1:30 PM
He was 2 seasons at Pats and he's under 23. Think its 15% split between all clubs (and the percentage there in) he played with during the ages 16-present (if he's under 23) or between 16-23

Never said it was going to be alarge slice so you can all relax again...

parnell ranger
04/05/2004, 1:41 PM
look here http://www.fai.ie/FAI/ABOUT/POLICYSOLIDARITY.htm

Éanna
05/05/2004, 9:56 AM
he's an excellent player and has the potential to play for ireland. not surprised that so many clubs are interested and we should certainly hold out for decent money

thecorner
06/05/2004, 10:58 AM
Charlton rarely pay that sort of money for anyone, .

charlton would be able tosplash the cash this summer after the sale of scott parker and curbishley has a good eye for young talent.

wouldnt be a bit surprised if he was in terested