SSS
30/04/2004, 8:06 PM
Two up after 57
Doyle
George.

:D

jofyisgod
30/04/2004, 8:11 PM
I honestly had a feeling that City would get a shock win and that Georgie would score. Weird.

WE LOVE YOUUUUU GEEEEORGIE! :D

C'MON CITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

patsh
30/04/2004, 8:12 PM
God we need this win.
Please don't throw it away now lads.

SSS
30/04/2004, 8:21 PM
3-0
Fenn after George dispossessed Hunt.

George's was a header.

Couldn't do it at th 'Cross of course

A face
30/04/2004, 8:22 PM
I heard that the lads are on top and playing nice football

no. 3 Fenn ... Cracker

A face
30/04/2004, 8:23 PM
Couldn't do it at th 'Cross of course

Ah stop it now !! :)

About 200 plus City fans there .... They are having great crack !!

It'll be the fun bus on the way home !! (if they keep it up)

SSS
30/04/2004, 8:26 PM
Doyle sent off...

Robbie. :)

But Bohs have a peno for handball.....

and.....

they score.
3-1.

How many peno's against is a season record I wonder

patsh
30/04/2004, 8:26 PM
Yet another penalty against us.... :mad:
C'mon, c'mon, c'mon

jofyisgod
30/04/2004, 8:28 PM
Apparently t'was a blatant penno. Handball by Billy.
Still, only about 8 mins left, surely a much needed 3 points.
THIS IS WHY WE KEEP THE FAITH!
REBEL ARMY!

SSS
30/04/2004, 8:31 PM
Anyone know the team?

Colin T was back - he set up George I think..

jofyisgod
30/04/2004, 8:34 PM
Glad to hear Colin's back.Don't think that Pat cold've dropped him over 1 game(No disrespect to Lordan played very well)

City have 'been in the ascendence' according to RTE.
The Crowe has just got a penalty apparently. W@nker. Fight's just started.
::300th post::

SSS
30/04/2004, 8:35 PM
A second peno for Bohs in injury time!!

This peno thing is mental....

3-2 now

jofyisgod
30/04/2004, 8:35 PM
3-2:shiiite.
Barstard ref, end of match, we won!

SSS
30/04/2004, 8:36 PM
It's over
3-2

Seriously gotta look at the peno thing though

patsh
30/04/2004, 8:37 PM
Another dodgy peno... :mad:
Still, 3 points...Wooohoooo
:D :D :D

A face
30/04/2004, 8:42 PM
FT Bohemians [2 - 3] Cork City

40' [0 - 1] Doyle

57' [0 - 2] O´Callaghan

77' [0 - 3] Fenn

80' Doyle - Red Card

84' [1 - 3] Hunt (pen.)

adamcarr
30/04/2004, 9:15 PM
It was great when he called the bowez fans a disgrase! :p 3-2 Yesss! Yet again Doyler scores first and then the opposition get a peno! :eek: Great comeback for Robbie Doyle ;) :D

A face
30/04/2004, 9:16 PM
The ref tried his best but we still got the points !!

C'mon City .... build on this !!

May 2004
Thu 6th Dublin City A 7.45pm
Fri 14th Shamrock Rovers H 7.45pm
Fri 21st Longford Town H 7.45pm
Fri 28th Waterford Utd A 7.45pm

We need to do well in May, and it is very possible.

Snatch
30/04/2004, 10:30 PM
Great victory for City. What a feeling to see City 3 up in Dalymount. However, the game was closer than that with City being lucky at the back a few times. Devine made a great save form Crowe who should have scored form the six yard box.
Doyle's goal came from a long ball from Murphy. Super Kev out paced the defence, rounded the keeper and cooly slotted home. George's was lucky in that he happened to get in the way of a terrible shot from CT that was blazing wide. Fair dues to George for redirecting well. Fenn's was a peach. O' Callaghan won the ball in midfield and held it up before laying off a neat pass for Fenn, putting him through one on one. Fenn unleashed a rocket to the top corner from the each of the box.
Bohs first peno was for a handball (or a high leg) blocking down a shot. Their second looked dubious as Devine was rushing back on top of Crowe who had lobbed him and followed it up. It looked awkward but I honestly don't think it was a peno. Hunt hit both to the same side.
Don't know what Robbie Doyle was sent off for but I didn't appreciate his two finger gesture to the City fans who had travelled half the country for the match.

Good performance. Great result. Kevin Doyle ran all night and was my man of the match. George and Fenn had some nice moments. Everyone did well with only Nwanko underperforming. Great to be back midtable!

Counting Crow
30/04/2004, 11:06 PM
Sounds like the City of old.............great.

Good to see George, Fenn et al playing well.

I feel it in me waters.........the tide is turning.

Good report BTW Snatch.

adamcarr
30/04/2004, 11:27 PM
3 brilliant goals especially Fenns. Just saw them on Sports Tonight!

A face
30/04/2004, 11:31 PM
Just saw them on Sports Tonight!

Yeah, fair play .... Georgie did very well to redirect that, the way that ball came to him, it was impossible .... fair play for that alone. Fenn's was great. Doyler rounding the keeper and slotting it in, keeper could only look on, great goal to score.

Beavis
01/05/2004, 1:26 AM
Good to see George, Fenn et al playing well.

Was at the game but I didn't think Fenn was great tbh.Obviously has bags of talent but doesn't really get himself involved.GOCallaghan was quality .Cork fans were great sang all game.

I realised there was a better atmosphere tonight at Dayler with no more than 2500 than there does be at Lansdowne with 40k!All we need is 50 lads like the city fans who sing for the entire and it makes such a difference.....wishful thinking prob

GavinZac
01/05/2004, 7:58 AM
Was at the game but I didn't think Fenn was great tbh.Obviously has bags of talent but doesn't really get himself involved.

I think people are misreading the type of player fenn is. hes not going to run 40 yards to tackle a man; hes the type of player who has bags of skill, is comfortable on the ball, composed on technical things like taking the ball down, playing his pass, and sticking it in the net. if he wore his collar up i'd call him cantona.

patsh
01/05/2004, 8:12 AM
Well I have been very critical of Fenn, but that was a great goal last night, and fair play to George, he shows just what a good tackle can do.... ;)
Looking at the highlights, I felt that the first peno was ball to hand, and Crowe should have been booked for that dive.
Dolan was gas on the radio, he finished his "interview" by screaming Rebel Army..he must have been near the fans! MAD.. :D
Is it true that the little scumbag Doyle gave the two fingers?
Report the little cnut...

jofyisgod
01/05/2004, 8:27 AM
I'm still buzzing now, great win. People must realise that Fenn isn't a 'dirty' footballer, he's not a grafter. He is a one-touch, fancy flicks, powerful shots kinda guy.

GREAT WIN, REBEL ARMY

Counting Crow
01/05/2004, 9:27 AM
Spot on GavinZac and Jofisgod........re Fenn.

If I have one critisism of us here in Cork it is that some elements of our fan base seem to think that good footballers = clones similar to that freak Lotta ( who played with Wasps last Sunday ).

Pat Morely got similar stick ( particularly from that English c*nt in the D Forde Stand ) for years for "not putting any effort in" yet look at him and where he ended up - the 3rd highest scorer in LoI history........hard to please people sometimes.

Fenn will never be our highest scorer but watch his flicks and through balls ( remember the pass to Flynny in the Pat's game a few weeks ago ). He'll set up more goals than he'll score I think. Also the goals he scores are class ( all three so far this season ).

Remember also, he has already equaled the number of goals he scored for the Hobbat Glass Blowers last season.
Must be easier to score goals when you play with good players around you. :D

Colm
01/05/2004, 11:22 AM
Dolan was gas on the radio, he finished his "interview" by screaming Rebel Army..he must have been near the fans! MAD.. :D

Yeah, he was surrounded by fans when doing that interview, it was at the dressing room door. Somehow all the City fans got past the barrier and stewards and went down to the dressing room.... I believe a few youngfellas were even in the dressing room for the team talk. Brilliant. :)

SSS
01/05/2004, 11:36 AM
People must realise that Fenn isn't a 'dirty' footballer, he's not a grafter. He is a one-touch, fancy flicks, powerful shots kinda guy.

All the stuff George got major grief from certain elements for last season and before. :(
I still think that George has the edge in that battle for supremecy - he has what Fenn has, plus the graft and the love of Cork.
We'll see what Fenn has when the going gets tough.

Troy.McClure
01/05/2004, 12:31 PM
I honestly dont know how the ref gave them 2 penos! As Dolan said, maybe he had sympathy for Bohz ;)

For the first one, there was a bit of a scramble in the box and it was headed out to around 15 yards to a Bohz player (Ryan?). 2 city players ran out to close him down but he took his shot with them about 2 or 3 yards away. I dont dispute that a city hand (or arm) made contact with the ball, but it was total ball to hand, and anyway, their hands were down next to their bodies, there was no way that they could have avoided it. Maybe I'll be shown wrong by the replay, but I think that it was a horrific call.

The second one proved to be the last kick of the game. Bohz had a cross into the box, Devine came out and got it about 6 yards out, Crowe came in underneath him so Devine landed heavely on his side/back and spilt the ball. To try and get it back (Devine was on the ground with Crowe in his way) he put his arms around Crowe. Bennett hoofed it away and Crowe went down. No free out like it should have been but a spotter instead. Dublin refs :rolleyes: It probably wouldnt have been so bad but in the 1st half (and right in front of us) we had a corner, Kelly came out for Bohz and caught it and then landed on a City player but still held on to the ball. What happens? A Bohz free out! Typical!

How many penos is that now? 5? And 4 of them away from home? I also thought that is was a bad decision by the ref to let Bohz kick off again after we scored our second goal. We were still celibrating! Its not like we even took a long time in jumping around, the Bohz players just went straight up to half way and played on. Cr@p ref!

For Fenn, ya he's never going to chase an opposing player to make a tackle, but he is always in space, unmarked, waiting for a break or a slip up by a defender, just like his goal last night when George disposesed the Bohz back. One thing though, I recon that Fenn has the best control in the league, better than George, JO'F, K Murray, you name it, the ball just glues to his foot.

adamcarr
01/05/2004, 12:50 PM
According to Citynet Fenn was in midfield with Georgie in attack! Is this true?

SÓC
01/05/2004, 5:40 PM
Credit has to go to Dolan for last night. It was 4-4-2 but not a traditional 4-4-2. He got the tatics spot on. Colin showed real restraint, Georgie was allowed get forward when he did Billy and Nwankwo tucked in Lordan and Danny Murphy both playing blinders at full back, were alive to any danger from the wings.

Georgie was pure class, box to box, I wonder has Kevin Hunt found his way out of Georgies pocket yet? The more he plays in midfield the better he gets.

Beavis
01/05/2004, 5:57 PM
I think people are misreading the type of player fenn is. hes not going to run 40 yards to tackle a man; hes the type of player who has bags of skill, is comfortable on the ball, composed on technical things like taking the ball down, playing his pass, and sticking it in the net.

I know that not all players run round like mad trying to win the ball but I'm saying that no matter how much skill you have you can do nothing with it unless you get on the ball.I'm merely disputing his performance yesterday and apart from the goal he wasn't in the game much.Doyle and O'Callaghan were far more influential...

I honestly dont know how the ref gave them 2 penos
The first one was very harsh and I'm sure wouldn't have been given had the score been 0-0 but the second was legitimate in my book.That keeper of yours was dodgy and it was enevitable he was going to cost a goal...

b_mcsweeney
01/05/2004, 10:06 PM
couldn't believe the 2 pennos, that referee was a pure homer all evening, city got very little change all game, won in spite of him like. that said, you could say city were a little on the lucky side, given that 2 of the goals (1st and 3rd) were on the break, and the second was a georgie deflection of a poor shot, plus bohs wasted some good chances. we'd plenty of possession though, and deserve a few breaks given the share of bad luck we've had so far.

for the record, team was:
devine
lordan-benno-murray-murphy
woods-georgie-CT-mícheal
fenn-doyle

super kev was motm for me, looked absolutely class all night. citys defending as a team was much better than some of the other stuff we've seen this season. back 4 did well, tho dan murray still had a few moments.

there was a good crowd of city fans there. there was a bit of aggro from bohs fans, but it was all little scumbag kids mouthing off like, nothing too serious and credit where its due the stewards handled it pretty well i thought (how often can you say that at a LoI game?). the only serious thing was that muppet robbie doyle, dunno what he was thinking.

final point, did anyone read the examiners match report today? it, and all the other LoI match reports on the page, were completely error strewn. was there any proof reading done at all?

Troy.McClure
02/05/2004, 3:55 PM
That keeper of yours was dodgy and it was enevitable he was going to cost a goal...

but he made a great save from Crowe to stop Bohz going 1 nil up, we really should have been punished for it!

tiktok
02/05/2004, 7:54 PM
but he made a great save from Crowe to stop Bohz going 1 nil up, we really should have been punished for it!

yeah, but that chance came from a mis-hit clearance by Mick. I thought he played well, his distribution has dramatically improved and it took penos to beat him, although the second was of his own making.

tiktok
02/05/2004, 8:12 PM
So much to squeeze in but I don't want to go on all day long.

Fans were brilliant, start to finish.

Devine was good, see my previous post.
The fullbacks were superb (although twice DM kept the ball in play only to give it to Bohs in crossing positions, small critiscism after an outstanding performance), Centre backs were composed, but a few free headers conceeded early on could have been costly.
Midfield was perfect, i think the critiscism on Nwankwo is unfair since he, Col and Woods were clearly in a tight midfield three to let George push on, I thought they all played very well, nwankwo and murphy are building a great partnership.
upfront i thought Fenn and Doyle were perfect foils for each other, Doyle more industrious but I think the critiscism of Fenn is harsh, i remember him tracking back and putting in tackles, but the reason he was there was for the vision he has and the goal he scored

Ref was brutal, but I'm not going to let that pr!ck spoil my enjoyment of the night.

What's important is that we don't get carried away, this was a poor Bohs team we beat. While it was a great win, it's important we keep our feet on the ground and prepare properly before playing an improving Home Farm (who let's not forget beat the same bohs team and then drew with Rovers). A win there should and we can finally get the ball rolling at home against Rovers.

Pablo
02/05/2004, 9:49 PM
sunday night and i'm still smiling! what are the chances of us going to waterford with 3 wins under our belt and taking second off them? i'm on cloud 9!

pete
04/05/2004, 9:34 AM
1st peno was techincally correct, 2nd a gift by ref.

Devine is a serious liability :(