PDA

View Full Version : Bohs fan facing extradition to Austria ...

Mario
23/09/2010, 8:45 PM
http://www.examiner.ie/ireland/bohs-fan-in-ibiza-faces-extradition-to-austria-after-arrest-for-assault-131610.html

John83
23/09/2010, 8:56 PM
I remember the incident, but I can't find the thread. Did it get binned?

osarusan
23/09/2010, 8:57 PM
Bohs fan in Ibiza faces extradition to Austria after arrest for assault

A YOUNG Irish football fan is facing extradition from Spain after being arrested on the holiday island of Ibiza for an alleged incident in Austria in July 2009.
On September 5 the Dubliner was arrested on the Mediterranean island on an international arrest warrant relating to an alleged assault and theft which occurred a day before Dublin club Bohemians played a Europa League qualifying match against RB Salzburg on July 14, 2009.

Austrian police allege three young men were involved in attempting to rob a bike and knocked over an 83-year-old Bavarian woman visiting the Austrian city, seriously injuring her.

I seem to remember a thread on this at the time. If the Austrian police are taking things this far, I'd say the little scallywag is in trouble.

Sean South
23/09/2010, 9:10 PM
I remember the incident, but I can't find the thread. Did it get binned?

I think the administrator of this site binned it at the time because the links to the story weren't in English or something stupid like that.

Jicked
23/09/2010, 9:20 PM
Yep, the thread was deleted (and I got banned for posting in the thread at the time) because no links were available in English or something silly like that and no formal charges had been brought, now presumably because the little scamp had gotten a train out of Austria asap. You think an international arrest warrant potentially hanging over your head would be the type of thing that might make you consider just going to Courtown instead of Ibiza this year.

dong
23/09/2010, 10:16 PM
You think an international arrest warrant potentially hanging over your head would be the type of thing that might make you consider just going to Courtown instead of Ibiza this year.

True enough!:D
I think, in fairness, at the time the thread had just degenerated into name calling and slander! Not unheard of around here.:D

Mr A
24/09/2010, 8:24 AM
I also seem to recall it was a pretty dire thread, even of its type, which is saying something!

Dodge
24/09/2010, 8:34 AM
Didn't Bohs fans say something along the lines of "it wasn't a Bohs fan, one Bohs fan was wearing the same type of clothes and was interviewed as a suspect but it wasn't him"

Or am I imagining that?

Mario
24/09/2010, 9:16 AM
Didn't Bohs fans say something along the lines of "it wasn't a Bohs fan, one Bohs fan was wearing the same type of clothes and was interviewed as a suspect but it wasn't him"

Or am I imagining that?

Yep, that's the gist of what was said at the time. Bohs fans closed ranks and were very quick to dismiss the whole thing as a coincidence and I think it was mentioned that there were some English stag parties in town that night too.

micls
24/09/2010, 1:22 PM
To be fair, I remember reading on their forum and most of their fans acknowledged the scumbags were Bohs fans and condemned the incident.

Hope he gets what he deserves.

SkStu
24/09/2010, 2:25 PM
all that was said here is that despite the uproarious drama posters here were engaging in, no-one had been charged and there were several other groups of english speaking people in Salzburg that night including a group of fans of an English club. All true at the time.

Anyway, extradition from Ibiza to Austria? Rapid buzz. Throw another shrimp on the barbie.

RĂ©iteoir
24/09/2010, 2:34 PM

Or am I imagining that?

Otherwise known in legal circles as "Rovers forensis vallo"

BohsPartisan
24/09/2010, 3:33 PM
all that was said here is that despite the uproarious drama posters here were engaging in, no-one had been charged and there were several other groups of english speaking people in Salzburg that night including a group of fans of an English club. All true at the time.

Anyway, extradition from Ibiza to Austria? Rapid buzz. Throw another shrimp on the barbie.

Fairly bizarre story given that when it first broke she was supposedly dead. Perhaps it is suffering from bad translations but it seems the Austrian police have changed their story more times than a Rovers fan on the way back from a klan gathering (just a joke before anyone gets upset).

peadar1987
24/09/2010, 3:39 PM
Fairly bizarre story given that when it first broke she was supposedly dead. Perhaps it is suffering from bad translations but it seems the Austrian police have changed their story more times than a Rovers fan on the way back from a klan gathering (just a joke before anyone gets upset).

We know. There's not one Rovers fan who could afford the flight to Louisiana!

Mr A
24/09/2010, 3:45 PM
Fairly bizarre story given that when it first broke she was supposedly dead. Perhaps it is suffering from bad translations.

Hold on, the old woman isn't dead after all!?!

Is she related to Stephan Ireland by any chance?

Eminence Grise
24/09/2010, 5:35 PM
Anyway, extradition from Ibiza to Austria? Rapid buzz.

Is that what Rapid Vienna are going by these days? I just can't keep up with all these name changes...

Spudulika
07/10/2010, 11:38 AM
http://www.independent.ie/national-news/courts/football-fan-who-left-elderly-woman-crippled-for-life-walks-free-from-court-2368754.html?start=1

Got off with a suspended sentence. They mentioned there were others involved, so what happened to them?

PartySaint
07/10/2010, 12:19 PM
http://www.independent.ie/national-news/courts/football-fan-who-left-elderly-woman-crippled-for-life-walks-free-from-court-2368754.html?start=1

Got off with a suspended sentence. They mentioned there were others involved, so what happened to them?

they got the Chair

passerrby
07/10/2010, 12:25 PM
there was an article in our local paper of a bohs fan up in court in monaghan recently for breach of the peace and incitment, judge said he was a hooligan and was not welcome back in the town.
It was in the northern standard about 3 weeks ago

Spudulika
07/10/2010, 1:14 PM
The story itself (about the woman) doesn't quite add up. I read the story in German and it's not quite what was presented in English. Plus she was first dead, then in danger of death, then made a full recovery, now she's an invalid. I'm not condoning the stupidity that led to her injury/suffering, it just shows that a good idea isn't always good. I remember the story of the young lad who was standing on top of a car in 1998 in Nurnberg waving an extra large Croatian flag (after Croatia's win over his land of birth), it caught on a tree, he flew off the car and a van coming the opposite way ran over him.

peadar1987
07/10/2010, 1:31 PM
They mentioned there were others involved, so what happened to them?

http://dr.jeebus.sydlexia.com/simpsonsgood06.jpg

John83
07/10/2010, 2:38 PM
The story itself (about the woman) doesn't quite add up. I read the story in German and it's not quite what was presented in English. Plus she was first dead, then in danger of death, then made a full recovery, now she's an invalid. I'm not condoning the stupidity that led to her injury/suffering, it just shows that a good idea isn't always good.
What on earth is the good idea in this story?

I remember the story of the young lad who was standing on top of a car in 1998 in Nurnberg waving an extra large Croatian flag (after Croatia's win over his land of birth), it caught on a tree, he flew off the car and a van coming the opposite way ran over him.
As a Darwinist, I'm confused: at what point did that cease to be a good idea?

Spudulika
07/10/2010, 5:36 PM
What on earth is the good idea in this story?

Somebody has a few too many and thinks it's a good idea to "borrow" a bicycle. We've all done stupid things that at the time seemed good, in this case it all went terribly wrong.

As a Darwinist, I'm confused: at what point did that cease to be a good idea?

Well, given the fact he was 15, if I remember rightly, Croatia might have lost a future player (since most are not Croatian born, or even Croatian but Bosnian), not a nice way to go!

BohsPartisan
08/10/2010, 1:01 PM
there was an article in our local paper of a bohs fan up in court in monaghan recently for breach of the peace and incitment, judge said he was a hooligan and was not welcome back in the town.
It was in the northern standard about 3 weeks ago

He was arrested for shouting at your keeper during the peno shootout. Nothing outside normal football "abuse". He's no more a hooligan than I'm the pope. Sava didn't want charges pressed. The copper just got a bee in his bonnet and wanted to make an example of the chap.

Jinxy
08/10/2010, 4:36 PM
The story itself (about the woman) doesn't quite add up. I read the story in German and it's not quite what was presented in English. Plus she was first dead, then in danger of death, then made a full recovery, now she's an invalid. I'm not condoning the stupidity that led to her injury/suffering, it just shows that a good idea isn't always good. I remember the story of the young lad who was standing on top of a car in 1998 in Nurnberg waving an extra large Croatian flag (after Croatia's win over his land of birth), it caught on a tree, he flew off the car and a van coming the opposite way ran over him.

Eh, they were trying to rob a bike weren't they?