PDA

View Full Version : Supporters Club notes (again)

Cabs88
22/09/2010, 4:54 PM
Another week another load of garbage..

'Section O did their best but like a certain politician, they sounded hoarse and some of the chants were more suited to a wake'

Again a cheap swipe from someone who should no better.

That is all.

Acornvilla
22/09/2010, 5:51 PM
i have no idea who writes the notes or anything myself but jesus its often very negative and critical of someone or something, makes the club seem a very petty and unprofessional

howsyourtouch
22/09/2010, 7:41 PM
the club notes are usually a big let down to the club,like old women giving out on way into mass!

outspoken
22/09/2010, 9:05 PM
Ohh thank God I'm not the only 1 on this 1 Ive gota to say this weeks leader was the worst ever and it's only going to get worse as they have no competition anymore from the Longford news.

The Insider
23/09/2010, 1:05 AM
Ohh thank God I'm not the only 1 on this 1 Ive gota to say this weeks leader was the worst ever and it's only going to get worse as they have no competition anymore from the Longford news.

Why coz of the supporters club notes or county final preview? Eh it never had any competition when the News was there, I dont know many who bought that paper. I know a lot of people where I work, never even heard of it until it was closed down. Leader was always the paper in Longford and surrounding areas.

Back to the topic of the supporters club notes, I try to avoid reading them because its the same drivel all the time. The person that writes them seems to have got more bitter in the last while, maybe theyre at that stage in life..

outspoken
23/09/2010, 4:49 PM
All I read is the town section so it's dissapointing when it's crap

The Insider
23/09/2010, 5:48 PM
All I read is the town section so it's dissapointing when it's crap

There's a page on the Town, can't have anymore in fairness. I only read the match report, even though I go to games, always do it.. Would like if they had reaction from games in it but until they do I'll keep an eye out on extratime..

outspoken
23/09/2010, 7:52 PM
There's a page on the Town, can't have anymore in fairness. I only read the match report, even though I go to games, always do it.. Would like if they had reaction from games in it but until they do I'll keep an eye out on extratime..

Oh yea im not saying that we dont get fair coverage cause its great to have a page to our selves and like urself i always read the reports too but its just disapointing when ur left thinking wow that was a waste.

The Insider
23/09/2010, 9:05 PM
Oh yea im not saying that we dont get fair coverage cause its great to have a page to our selves and like urself i always read the reports too but its just disapointing when ur left thinking wow that was a waste.

What was a waste, I dont get you. Sure apart from the match reports the rest of the write-ups come from the club, PRO and Supporters Club.

outspoken
23/09/2010, 10:08 PM
Ahh it dsnt matter mate it's ok

Pauro 76
26/09/2010, 9:18 AM
Didn't the same supporters notes appear in both the Leader and News? Real shame the Longford News closed down by the way, I worked there a few years ago, some great people through the years there.

Martinho II
26/09/2010, 5:54 PM
Didn't the same supporters notes appear in both the Leader and News? Real shame the Longford News closed down by the way, I worked there a few years ago, some great people through the years there.

yep podge you are dead right there..