PDA

View Full Version : Tickets for the Nigeria and Jamaica games?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

supasparx
28/05/2004, 10:34 PM
Trains should be back to normal for Wed. So we'll be hitting the woolwich rd. aswell!! Might c u there I'll be the Dub with the 3 plastics ;)

sylvo
29/05/2004, 12:11 AM
... and with Mrs Battenburg's no. 1 dispatch rider in Ireland at the moment its a reciepe for disaster :cool:

I'M BACK. :mad: :mad: :mad:

liam88
29/05/2004, 10:21 AM
Trains should be back to normal for Wed. So we'll be hitting the woolwich rd. aswell!! Might c u there I'll be the Dub with the 3 plastics ;)
Meet you there 6.30? PP WHERE ARE YOU?

liam88
29/05/2004, 10:23 AM
Rose Of Denmark 6.30 Woolich Road!!!!!
Me And Davros Will Be There!
Who Else!
Please Reply

only1kilbane
31/05/2004, 11:07 AM
yeah transport was pretty crap at weekend . Had to get a taxi from kentish town to luton airport cause our trains were all late. Cost us 85 pound . The players dont realise the ****e we go through to see them play . Then they turn out a performance like that . Really gets on my tits sometimes when they dont look like they give a toss !

lopez
31/05/2004, 12:22 PM
Who Else!
Please ReplyI should be there too. Firstly I'm going to pop infor some rice'n'peas in some takeaway between Greenwhich and Woolwhich. Got to get into the carnival spirit. :D

Plastic Paddy
31/05/2004, 12:30 PM
Who Else!
Please Reply

I've sent you a PM. See you there.

:) PP

sylvo
31/05/2004, 2:57 PM
yeah transport was pretty crap at weekend . Had to get a taxi from kentish town to luton airport cause our trains were all late. Cost us 85 pound . The players dont realise the ****e we go through to see them play . Then they turn out a performance like that . Really gets on my tits sometimes when they dont look like they give a toss !

To right, a p**s poor performance, if that's their attitude then wednesday should be great craic again. :mad:

only1kilbane
31/05/2004, 3:45 PM
kind of glad im not going now on wed though the stupid bloke that i am im getting it in from setanta at home for 10euro !

Dont know but think wed at least we will get to see mc geady playing which will be interesting as we need someone who can score to come through. Didnt realise the valley would be such a kip was even more impressed with valley parade when i was there

sylvo
31/05/2004, 4:11 PM
Was almost jealous of mate's of mine who were heading back to Ireland the next day. The Vally was a kip and it should have been played else where, Hopefully the performance and the transport system will be a hell of a lot better on wednesday. :confused:

Beavis
31/05/2004, 6:35 PM
Didnt realise the valley would be such a kip was even more impressed with valley parade when i was there
:eek: I thought it was a great little stadium!And the area was nice too considering the east end is meant to be more rundown.Could someone please tell me what the problem was?

lopez
31/05/2004, 8:00 PM
:eek: I thought it was a great little stadium!And the area was nice too considering the east end is meant to be more rundown.Could someone please tell me what the problem was?Pitch was cr*p. Apart from that, liked the place myself.

Jon'o
31/05/2004, 8:29 PM
charlton have rented out the use of the pitch during the close season for other kick abouts, hence the crap pitch.

prehaps the jamiacians nicked the grass.... their game against brazil last year you couldnt breath for the funny smoke in the air. if the game is bad on wednesday no one should care by the end.

lopez
31/05/2004, 11:31 PM
prehaps the jamiacians nicked the grass.... their game against brazil last year you couldnt breath for the funny smoke in the air. if the game is bad on wednesday no one should care by the end.The toilet in the north stand wasn't much better on Saturday after the match...and it was full of Irish. :D

sylvo
01/06/2004, 12:11 AM
:eek: I thought it was a great little stadium!And the area was nice too considering the east end is meant to be more rundown.Could someone please tell me what the problem was?

Pitch was bad Bevis, and I bet they don't get to many people over six foot going to their game's on account of the small width in between the row's of seat's, I was right behind the goal in the only bit that was full and spent most of half time trying to see if i could get into either the top tier or the other three stand's so that i could stretch me leg's a bit on the mile's of empty seat's.
I suppose apart from that and the game it was'nt to bad, now that me knee's have fully recovered. :( They could do with a couple of more pub's round that part of London also. :(

only1kilbane
01/06/2004, 10:38 AM
just expected more coming over to a premier league ground that has put so much money into the stadium. The two open corners beside the south stand look desperate and the local area was hardly much to write home about where were the pubs ?

All in all poor stadium , poor pitch ( 24 games played on it since end of season the money grabbing *******s ) they will regret that sure the pitch in poland was better than that .

Pat O' Banton
01/06/2004, 3:23 PM
State of the stadium (which in fairness is in the process of being done up) may be to do with the fact that Charlton had well documented problems with having to move out of the stadium then having to raise the money to buy it back (I think that's pretty much what they had to do) so when they moved back they did not have a great deal of money to put in to the ground.
If they do fill in the two corners of the JImmy Seed stand I think that it would'tbe a bad ground at all.
However I am concerned about any stadium that appears only to have two pubs around it. :eek:

supasparx
01/06/2004, 5:20 PM
Most London grounds are like that, Loftus Rd., Selhurst Park, Upton Park & Highbury ( except North Bank ). Maybe more pubs, but that's it!
Personally though, I think Loftus Rd. would have best suited this tournament.

Jon'o
01/06/2004, 6:13 PM
loftus road isnt great either to be fair.

Brian kerrs comments after the game seem to have pi*sed off charlton, the organising of the whole thing seems to have been rushed by the company who are running the thing.. no advertising ... playing the nigeria game 2 days after a game at lansdowne.

sure there are lessons to learn, if any of them listen.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/sub_newsview.ink?nid=20214

Club react to Kerr comments

Charlton have responded strongly to criticism from Ireland manager Brian Kerr, who said the pitch and sparse crowd at The Valley on Saturday had a demotivating effect on his players as they lost 3-0 to Nigeria in the Unity Cup.

"The opportunity to host the Unity Cup was made to us very late on, and we already had a programme of private hire events on the pitch by then," said chief executive Peter Varney.

"The organisers were made fully aware of this from day one."

Kerr (pictured) also described as "really poor" the fact that a Gaelic football match took place on the pitch prior to his side's game with Nigeria.

"As far as I am aware the Gaelic football match took place as pre-match entertainment with the full approval of the FAI," said Varney.

"The pitch at The Valley has just withstood the rigours of a full Premiership season, not to mention Reserve, Womens and Youth team games. The Nigerian team were able to play some really delightful football on that surface in both their games, and they have proved to be very worthy winners of the tournament."

Varney added: "I think I need to make it clear, once and for all, that Charlton Athletic have provided The Valley as a venue for a tournament, and we have not determined ticket prices, selling arrangements or pre-match entertainment."

lopez
01/06/2004, 8:25 PM
They could do with a couple of more pub's round that part of London also. :(Yeah, but they've got enough 'liquor stores' around the place (don't you tell me you got those bottles of Nigerian 9% guinnesses in a public house yer bowsy! :D )

sylvo
01/06/2004, 10:24 PM
Yeah, but they've got enough 'liquor stores' around the place (don't you tell me you got those bottles of Nigerian 9% guinnesses in a public house yer bowsy! :D )

Blame mr P O'Banton and that party pack he carry's around with him in the plastic bag's, we've got to do this all over again tomorrow hoss,and this time it won't be Lopez Og you'll be bevving with, it'll be us. :D