PDA

View Full Version : Tickets for the Nigeria and Jamaica games?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

only1kilbane
14/05/2004, 12:22 PM
Cheers lads much appreciated just dont wanna end up in some overpriced club in leicester square or the like ! only been over to london once so dont really have a clue where to go !

Junior
14/05/2004, 12:27 PM
Cheers lads much appreciated just dont wanna end up in some overpriced club in leicester square or the like ! only been over to london once so dont really have a clue where to go !
started life as an Irish club, its destiny Only1Kilbane!! Maybe send them an email or eomething.

http://www.electric-ballroom.co.uk/

Pat O' Banton
14/05/2004, 12:33 PM

Was intending to go home to a nice cup of coco after the game but if you would like a tour guide I'm sure that l'd be quite happy to stay out and have second Snowball. :eek: :D Was pretty much considering getting out of East Landaan after the match and my budget certainly won't stretch to a night in town.

only1kilbane
14/05/2004, 12:49 PM
yeah well up for a good session b4 and after the game ! not sure where to go so any help or tour guides appreciated ! Will check out site on electric ballroom !

Bowsy
14/05/2004, 12:57 PM
Is no one from the great place called London? you all talkin about crap teams u need to talk about England.

Pardon???? :confused:

SuperSaints
14/05/2004, 2:05 PM
The churcjh in Kentish Town is well worth a visit. Only opens on a Sunday. Doors open at 12 closes at 4. Like a nightclub in the middle of the day. Then whoever is left standing goes back to the backpackers. There are people dropping like flies once you get back there. Great sport.
http://www.thechurch.co.uk/

SuperSaints
14/05/2004, 2:31 PM
The backpackers is behind Kings X and they operate a bus from there to the place in Kentish town and back again after. It used be in that spot there but they were forced to move on. The town councils in London keep on moving them on as there's mayhem around them when they open again at 4 to let the crowds out.

The website says it's still in Kentish town anyway.

finlma
14/05/2004, 3:18 PM
Behind Kings X,not Kentish Twn.......

You musn't have been in a while Davros. It moved from Bagleys in KC to the Forum in Kentish Town around a year ago. Had a rough day there not too long ago after a Sat night in Fabric, needless to say work on Monday was painful.

liam88
14/05/2004, 3:43 PM
What's the nearest pub to the valely? We';re going there pre kick-off
-meet us!

Pat O' Banton
14/05/2004, 5:13 PM
yeah well up for a good session b4 and after the game ! not sure where to go so any help or tour guides appreciated ! Will check out site on electric ballroom !

As you can see plans are pretty much up in the air at the moment, however there should be a group of us heading down to the game so if you want to hook up for the tour, I'm sure that Pat's Memorable Tours (PMT) will be able to find some decent public houses in London. If able to stand at 11PM may well venture into an indie club.

sylvo
14/05/2004, 7:26 PM
What pray are wrong with those 'fine'establishments, The 12 Bens & The Railway........?!Or the Holloway Road?!!! :D :D

You'll be in there that's why, seriously we were thinking of the 12 ben's the night of the match.

lopez
14/05/2004, 11:04 PM
Is no one from the great place called London? you all talkin about crap teams u need to talk about England.Oh dear! :( Did we get a visit by a Tan while I was at work. Looks like he's got hold of one of those bootleg Football Shatstory videos judging by the w*nker's handle. Disagree with you Dav about Lahndahn. Great place, just a shame about some of its inhabitants. :D

Duncan Gardner
15/05/2004, 8:45 AM
Come on then's obviously a regular taking the p*ss, innit.

I will see you chaps for a sharpener before the midweek game, Greenwich town centre?

PS just tried to change my name to 'Woolwich Catholic Clubber' but it didn't work...

lopez
15/05/2004, 10:01 AM
Come on then's obviously a regular taking the p*ss, innit.

I will see you chaps for a sharpener before the midweek game, Greenwich town centre?

PS just tried to change my name to 'Woolwich Catholic Clubber' but it didn't work...Did it work with Come N Then...then? You and your multivarious psuedonyms. I can't catch up with you on the OWM - which happily has resurfaced into the public domain - due to you're constant changing. BTW, I was amused to see our old mock Dago, El Siete Secretos, winding up the residents with his Spanglish insults about NI's 'ugly futball (sic.)'. Any plans for your next handle?

I'm up for a couple of light refreshments on Wednesday in Greenwhich with yer, pre game - Woolwich I think I'll skip given the thirtieth anniversary of the bombing and the garison town it is - although some lads exit visa out of London only entails the match: drinking must be done in an area with the suffix 'N'. Hopefully you'll come along to the game even if only to support the reggae boyz. :D

Duncan Gardner
15/05/2004, 11:16 AM
Aye, Dav's got me a ticket and I'm borrowing a Nigeria shirt :)

As it's a gentle friendly, are you bringing your lad along?

lopez
15/05/2004, 11:24 AM
Aye, Dav's got me a ticket and I'm borrowing a Nigeria shirt :)

As it's a gentle friendly, are you bringing your lad along?Yeah I'm taking my boy to the Saturday game with his mate and Dad who live round the corner. He's from Zimbabwe, so I'm hoping to introduce him to Rock on Tommy so T can tell him all about his national liberation struggle. :rolleyes: You'll be some sight in a Nigeria shirt, alright. BTW, you mentioned the midweek game for the drink - hopefully no mistake there - are you going to that one too, or is two matches with Davros too much to bear?

Duncan Gardner
15/05/2004, 12:11 PM
Sorry, explained that ass about face- I'm going to the Wednesday game only but can't bring myself to support the Reggae Boys, thus the Nigeria favours. Can't afford the Saturday game alas, but a pub lunch is on! Look forward to rocking on with Tommy etc.

sylvo
15/05/2004, 2:16 PM
Oh dear! :( Did we get a visit by a Tan while I was at work. Looks like he's got hold of one of those bootleg Football Shatstory videos judging by the w*nker's handle. Disagree with you Dav about Lahndahn. Great place, just a shame about some of its inhabitants. :D

Lopez i think the term ''come on then'' is an often used term by tan fan's when they are knocking the s***e out of one another :D , also is a term used by them when fronting out police force's across europe just before those same police force's again knock the s***e out of them. I read that the term ''come on then'' was also used in a bar in Brattaslava the night before they played Slovakia, when two cocky w**kers used it two two member's of the local mafia after they came in to stop them from smashing up the bar which was on their book's, the local mafia responded to this term by shooting both of them in the leg's. :D

liam88
15/05/2004, 6:33 PM
LADS!
I keep posting messages and no one replies and no one has been posting ont he meet up thread.
We're going to the nearest pub to the stadium for a drink before hand-can we all meet up there?!?!?!

liam88
15/05/2004, 6:35 PM
Talking of supporting the Reaggae boys I once went down the Australia vs Jamaica in Reading for a laugh-ended up sitting in the Jamiacan crowd with a 5 foot Jamaican flag-me and one of the lads with me were about the only white folk in the whole crowd-good craic :D

lopez
16/05/2004, 12:21 AM
Sorry, explained that ass about face- I'm going to the Wednesday game only but can't bring myself to support the Reggae Boys, thus the Nigeria favours. Can't afford the Saturday game alas, but a pub lunch is on! Look forward to rocking on with Tommy etc.OK got your now. So are you just an impartial observer on wednesday or are you going to support the beggars. Surely it would have been better to get a tick for the Saturday game and gone for a liquid supper only for wed. Anyway, I finish early on wednesday so up for a drink.

LADS!
I keep posting messages and no one replies and no one has been posting ont he meet up thread.
We're going to the nearest pub to the stadium for a drink before hand-can we all meet up there?!?!?!No one's avoiding you except me as I'm under investigation by Inspector Cojones at operation ore (hence my reluctance to sign up for ourweeminds.co.uk). I think no one has picked a pub because no one has put their brain in gear. May I take the role of 1st Lieutenant and suggest Greenwich for 3 good reasons. 1. It's a nice part of that area and close to Charlton. 2. DG, a resident seems to think so too. 3. It's the only place that someone has mentioned a pub's actual name. Greenwhich it is, hmmm??

lopez
16/05/2004, 12:30 AM
Lopez i think the term ''come on then'' is an often used term by tan fan's when they are knocking the s***e out of one another.I've been hearing a lot about this Football Shat-story and how it tells the true story of hooligans. I was wondering if it incorporates anything from Millwall's game against Pompey last year where one Pompey fan was kicked to f*ck by the brave and beautiful bushwhackers as he left early from the game(I always thought they fought against like-minded people), they abused a lone single mother on her doorstep who had the bottle (more bottle than the whole of the firm put together IMO) to come out of her house and tell them all to f*ck off as unlike them she was actually a Millwall season ticket holder, and finally how the police had to put up with the barrage of sh*t because in any other decent country (like the country we just visited or the good old US of A) they would have thought f*ck this and opened fire with live ammunition. No, didn't think so! COME N THEN!!! :rolleyes:

sylvo
16/05/2004, 12:40 AM
Still up then, trying to get the county score @ mo, seen that documentary which had that incident in it, shocking stuff, far play to that woman, could show old ''come on then'' a thing or to about being ard.

lopez
16/05/2004, 8:14 PM
Still up then, trying to get the county score @ mo, seen that documentary which had that incident in it, shocking stuff, far play to that woman, could show old ''come on then'' a thing or to about being ard.In all seriousness, that young woman had a decency that these w*nkers could only dream of attaining. Yeah, we only fight our own. :rolleyes:

Bring Back Mick
17/05/2004, 8:13 AM
Lads,

One of the lads who plays for the London RISSC is a local of SE London says there are a couple of decent irish pubs in the greenwich area will get names

finlma
17/05/2004, 8:41 AM
Lads,

One of the lads who plays for the London RISSC is a local of SE London says there are a couple of decent irish pubs in the greenwich area will get names

There's one Irish pub in Greenwich called O'Sullivans. Its small enough but not a bad little pub. Could be a good meeting place as its near the train station.

Here's a link http://www.riverthames.co.uk/eatandrink/pub/greenwich.htm
Its number 16 on the map.

One Brian Kerr
21/05/2004, 8:50 AM
Just wondering has anyone received their tickets yet ?

finlma
21/05/2004, 9:56 AM
Just wondering has anyone received their tickets yet ?

No, this is ticketmaster were dealing with. Don't expect them till just before the game.

RiffRaff
24/05/2004, 5:48 PM
If anyone else is waiting for tickets, I e-mailed ticketmaster to find out where mine were and got a reply today to say they haven't been printed yet!!

liam88
24/05/2004, 6:08 PM
lol thanks-anyone who gets them post up on here so we know to phone a hassle TM cheers :D
btw-if you're going to the Jamaica game go to "the Big Meet Up Thread" please :)

Condex
24/05/2004, 7:01 PM
If anyone else is waiting for tickets, I e-mailed ticketmaster to find out where mine were and got a reply today to say they haven't been printed yet!!

Of course they've been printed, they are on sale ot a load of outlets all over London

www.unitycup.co.uk

Plastic Paddy
24/05/2004, 7:33 PM
Of course they've been printed, they are on sale ot a load of outlets all over London

www.unitycup.co.uk

Ticketmaster tend to print their own tickets for events, hence the point made.

:) PP

liam88
24/05/2004, 7:50 PM
PP my friend! In the big meet up thread! NOW! :D
6.00 Horse and Groom Woolich road for all interested :D :D :D

Plastic Paddy
24/05/2004, 8:25 PM
Plastic my friend! In the big meet up thread! NOW! :D
6.00 Horse and Groom Woolich road for all interested

Tsk tsk. "PP" is good. I'll even accept "Paddy". But "Plastic"? Hmmm... :mad: ;)

:p PP

liam88
25/05/2004, 6:11 AM
Sorry my friend-sorted!
You coming to meet us.
I best be off now-got my first exams today :D

Duncan Gardner
25/05/2004, 7:37 AM
Good luck in the exams Liam.

A pint on me in Greenwich DV (I'll be the bloke in the NI shirt sneaking out of the noodle shop) :)

Plastic Paddy
25/05/2004, 8:14 AM
I best be off now-got my first exams today :D

Best of luck to you.

:D PP

lopez
25/05/2004, 8:38 AM
'Ticketmaster Ticket Dispatch Update - the latest ticket dispatch information: The tickets for the Unity Cup are to be dispatched from Tuesday 25th May and recieved not later than Friday 28th May.'

What a joke, especially considering the state of the post round my way :rolleyes:

http://ticketmaster.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ticketmaster.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=4494&&p_sid=*LzX3dch&p_lva=1193&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MTkwJ nBfcGFnZT0x&p_li=

only1kilbane
25/05/2004, 9:58 AM
They better get their arse in gear headin over friday morning bet you they arrive friday afternoon !

liam88
25/05/2004, 5:18 PM
oo-is everyone meeting in Grenwhich because I might not be able to make it :confused:
Exams went well by the way-next 2 are on Friday :D
Thanks very much for those who said good luck :D

lopez
26/05/2004, 12:01 PM
Tickets arrived this afternoon (yeah that's not a mistake as Postman Prat doesn't come too early round here). Not bad going since it was sent out yesterday. Best of luck to the rest of you, especially O1K and the others arriving from Ireland.

Pat O' Banton
26/05/2004, 12:09 PM
'Ticketmaster Ticket Dispatch Update - the latest ticket dispatch information: The tickets for the Unity Cup are to be dispatched from Tuesday 25th May and recieved not later than Friday 28th May.'

What a joke, especially considering the state of the post round my way :rolleyes:

http://ticketmaster.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ticketmaster.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=4494&&p_sid=*LzX3dch&p_lva=1193&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MTkwJ nBfcGFnZT0x&p_li=

... and with Mrs Battenburg's no. 1 dispatch rider in Ireland at the moment its a reciepe for disaster :cool:

only1kilbane
26/05/2004, 12:17 PM
yeah still have not got today getting bit nervous now. will have to give them buzz tmow if we dont get them .. at least i have my tickets for tmow night anyway

lopez
26/05/2004, 12:31 PM
yeah still have not got today getting bit nervous now. will have to give them buzz tmow if we dont get them .. at least i have my tickets for tmow night anywayJust to put your mind at ease slightly, may I direct you to this page on the ticketmaster site

http://ticketmaster.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ticketmaster.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_sid=PXSeejch&p_lva=1193&p_faqid=277&p_created=1045147338&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9ncmlkc29ydD0mcF9yb3dfY250PTI1J nBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9bm9uIGFycml2YWwmcF9wcm9kX2x2bDE 9fmFueX4mcF9wcm9kX2x2bDI9fmFueX4mcF9jYXRfbHZsMT1_Y W55fiZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=

Gives details about 'duplicate' tickets (looked this up as I've no more faith in the German Lady's postal service). My tickets weren't recorded delivery which suggests that if they don't show up you still should get in, albeit 30 mins before the game, when if you're like me, still in the pub ordering another round.

only1kilbane
26/05/2004, 1:01 PM
Cheers for that looking into it now . Might give them a buzz and see what the story is . Thanks again for that !

only1kilbane
28/05/2004, 8:28 AM
thank **** tickets came in this morning cause im heading at 4 o clock happy days . Was impressed enough last night with game would like to see Rowlands get a full game tmow he impressed ..

lopez
28/05/2004, 9:39 AM
thank **** tickets came in this morning cause im heading at 4 o clock happy days . Was impressed enough last night with game would like to see Rowlands get a full game tmow he impressed ..Great postal system you've got there. Had it been me the tickets would have dropped through the door as I'm taxiing on the runway. Good luck. Might change your mind about the river boat when you see the state of London's railways.

only1kilbane
28/05/2004, 10:14 AM
well dont mind getting the boat if i can have a few cans of cider along the way ..

So for game tmow Greenwich seems to be the place to have a few pre match scoops..

Hopefully robbie will have his shooting boots on tmow ?

Anyone have any update on how many tickets are sold for tmow ?

supasparx
28/05/2004, 5:55 PM
Sounds like The Gypsy Moth and Sullivan's in greenwich are the places to be [Gypsy Moth right next to Cutty Sark]. About 10 of us landing about 1ish.

O1K, would not bother with ferry, takes too long. Take victoria line from Victoria to Green Park,change and take jubilee line to Canary Wharf, change and take DLR to Greenwich Cutty Sark. Approx. 40mins. 2 miles to ground from Greenwich, plenty of buses.
The journey's only taking so long coz of works on the Charton line, welcome to British transport!!

liam88
28/05/2004, 8:07 PM
Got my tickets :D

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REPLY TO THIS-I've been trying to get people to come for ages!

CAN WE MEET UP IN THE HORSE AND GROOM WOOLICH ROAD AT ABOUT 6.00/6.30 PLEASE! I CANNOT GET TO GRENWICH!
THANK YOU :D