PDA

View Full Version : Tickets for the Nigeria and Jamaica games?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

SuperSaints
12/05/2004, 12:03 PM
Incorrect. I just rang ticketmaster and they tickets for the unity cup are not currently on sale. They're starting to make the FAI almost look professional

Almost.

Littlest Hobo
12/05/2004, 12:28 PM
Managed to get through to Ticketmaster and Picked up two tickets for the jamaica match :D £45 inc,. booking fees, etc.
Told their allocation for the Nigeria game are sold out. :confused: Don't know how, coz the website still states their not on sale yet :confused:

lopez
12/05/2004, 12:36 PM
At last the tickets are on sale on-line at f*ckupmaster. :eek: Still seeing that they only found out on Saturday that the FAI council had sorted out the lap-dancing clubs, can't expect much faster response.

kevski1978
12/05/2004, 12:42 PM
Spoke to CAFC ticket office this morning & said that there is no segregation - guess it's part of the Unity theme. Nearly got tix thru CAFC but their C/card processing wasn't working. Have now got tickets for both games, had to go through Ticketmaster, enter Unity Cup in search to bring up new (and working) links and managed to get West Stand for Nigeria & East Stand for Jamaica. £30 plus £1.75 booking fee each (plus £1.75 P&P for batch).
Good luck.

lopez
12/05/2004, 12:45 PM
Managed to get through to Ticketmaster and Picked up two tickets for the jamaica match :D £45 inc,. booking fees, etc.
Told their allocation for the Nigeria game are sold out. :confused: Don't know how, coz the website still states their not on sale yet :confused:Nigerian tickets on sale. Just bought four for me and an African mate plus our sons.

kevski1978
12/05/2004, 12:45 PM
Fair play. North stand only had row A tickets left when I was trying online.

only1kilbane
12/05/2004, 12:52 PM
They have only started selling the first row which is row a they are moving upwards not down. They are on row b now which means only 1 row have sold out so no real rush yet ! Hardly going to sell out quick

Barna Bee
12/05/2004, 1:01 PM
Got 2 tickets for both irish games .

Rang ticketmaster to find out about where i will be sitting

He said the family enclosure and told me that none of the ground will be segregated.

Hmmmm

Should be fun anyway

Plastic Paddy
12/05/2004, 1:22 PM
Rang ticketmaster to find out about where i will be sitting

He said the family enclosure and told me that none of the ground will be segregated.

Muppets of the first order, that lot. I've just bought four West Stand tickets for the Jamaica game through their website. Bring it on.

:) PP

lopez
12/05/2004, 1:29 PM
Muppets of the first order, that lot. I've just bought four West Stand tickets for the Jamaica game through their website. Bring it on.Don't forget that small matter of a drink before the game. BTW, is your old man down this week for the long awaited retirement of London Underground's - and Rickmansworth's - answer to Bruce Forsythe?

Plastic Paddy
12/05/2004, 2:05 PM
Don't forget that small matter of a drink before the game. BTW, is your old man down this week for the long awaited retirement of London Underground's - and Rickmansworth's - answer to Bruce Forsythe?

You're on, and he most certainly is. I've managed to rope him in afterwards to carting a van-load of my stuff (old railway books :eek: ) from my Shepherd's Bush shoebox to store in his nice new des res. Mrs PP don't want 'em in the house... :(

When's the next RISSC meeting, btw? Was on domestics for the last one, so couldn't make it.

lopez
12/05/2004, 3:11 PM
You're on, and he most certainly is. I've managed to rope him in afterwards to carting a van-load of my stuff (old railway books :eek: ) from my Shepherd's Bush shoebox to store in his nice new des res. Trainspotters! :rolleyes: Cheers, P. I'm going to pop in on Saturday night now and say hello to him. Wasn't going to bother, not out of disrespect for KT, but these events tend to be full of managers and w*nkers from elsewhere hoping to grab a free drink. And everyone sits around talking about the state of the track, who had to run for who while he was off sick, etc. Dav's given details of the next meeting so might catch you there.

Plastic Paddy
12/05/2004, 3:51 PM
Trainspotters! :rolleyes: Cheers, P. I'm going to pop in on Saturday night now and say hello to him. Wasn't going to bother, not out of disrespect for KT, but these events tend to be full of managers and w*nkers from elsewhere hoping to grab a free drink. And everyone sits around talking about the state of the track, who had to run for who while he was off sick, etc. Dav's given details of the next meeting so might catch you there.

Well, you ain't gonna believe this, but he's just been called into hospital to have a long-awaited hip-replacement. This Friday morning, woodja believe. No jaunt to London for Tommy pére now. :(

I'll put in an appearance at the next RISSC meeting. You'll spot me by the fact that I'll be the one with the pink carnation buttonhole and a copy of the Evening Standard tucked under my arm... ;)

lopez
12/05/2004, 3:55 PM
Bummer! Send on my regards. Pink carnation is fine by me: that's the way I like to meet all my blind dates. ;)

Pat O' Banton
12/05/2004, 5:01 PM
Listen never mind your blind dates, although since the National closed I do believe that McGoverns could rightly be called Kilburn's ballroom of romance :eek: , the most important thing about the tickets being on sale is; HAVE YOU GOT A TICKET LIAM88?
Anyone fancy the booze cruise down the Thames before one of the games?Westminster to Greenwich £4.40 one way if you have a one day travelcard.

liam88
12/05/2004, 6:12 PM
HAVE YOU GOT A TICKET LIAM88?

NO!!! :( I just found out they are on!
We need to book 5 can we book 5!?!?!?
What the heck shall I do?!?!

Plastic Paddy
12/05/2004, 6:14 PM
NO!!! :( I just found out they are on!
We need to book 5 can we book 5!?!?!?
What the heck shall I do?!?!

Well, you can certainly book 4 via Ticketmaster and I have 1 (very likely) spare for the West Stand so should you need it, there's your answer...

You'll be buying the drinks before the game, though. ;)

liam88
12/05/2004, 6:54 PM
Well ma da isn't here to book the tickets but I tired the ifrst strage of the form typing in 5 tickets and it let me through to the next stage :D
We all need seats together you see :confused:

lopez
12/05/2004, 7:07 PM
Well ma da isn't here to book the tickets but I tired the ifrst strage of the form typing in 5 tickets and it let me through to the next stage :D
We all need seats together you see :confused:Good luck with the tix. S'pose they've got to draw a line somewhere otherwise the touts would've snapped them all up this morning.

However, I had to look at that site you mention in your signature and I couldn't believe who I saw but my old mate Terry 'the tash' M, aka 'four whoppers and large fries'. For Dav, Sylvo, Daxion and anyone else who knows 'El Gordo' check out the link below. Right hand side, the bloke NOT wearing the union rag shirt.

http://www.rangersfansvcelticfans.com/intro.html

liam88
12/05/2004, 9:33 PM
Hehe-classic :D
You can buy 4 adult tickets and one child right?

only1kilbane
12/05/2004, 9:44 PM
no mate it only lets you get 4 at a time ! So just be ready when you book to go in straight away and book again and hopefully you should get seat beside others especially if you book at late hour when nobody else booking. Most people ive talked to that are going are in the north stand so that seems to be the place to go ! thats where mine are for anyway

only1kilbane
12/05/2004, 9:46 PM
Does anyone know the quickest way from Luton Airport down to Victoria and then from there to the game ? Just we get in at half 9 and hotel in Victoria so wanna just drop bags and go to pub ! From what i heard theres a boat going from westminister to Greenwich but just wondering how frequent it is if anyone knows ?

lopez
12/05/2004, 11:19 PM
I was on two boat rides down the Thames last year - a quick return to the docks and back and later a return down to Greenwhich - on both occasions I was able to purchase alchoholic beverages for myself and my good wife. :p Still, best to enquire beforehand incase it's the Dry Line.

slow2anger
12/05/2004, 11:52 PM
Hehe-classic :D
You can buy 4 adult tickets and one child right?You will need to have 2 windows open at once on toutmaster and if you time it correctly you can get the seats together. If not keep going back and reselecting the seats untill you get ones beside each other.

Be quick though, you normally get only 5 mins to complete the order.

liam88
13/05/2004, 5:55 AM
Ok lads-ma da got the tickets! (5 at once!!!!)
Don't know how the heck he managed it but I don't really care :D
We're in the East stand!
Is seating mixed?
Time for a new thread (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?p=123463#post123463) and keep this one for ticket info.

only1kilbane
13/05/2004, 8:28 AM
Bus to Luton Parkway station;Train to Kings X;Tube to Victoria,on line of similar name......

As for boat....don't know frequency....try www.tfl.gov.uk
Don't expect a bar...just have to take plenty of cans!

Cheers for that will have supply of cider for the boat journey !! With ticketmaster you can sit where you want so unsegrated no real need when friendly . We are in the north stand row e for nigeria game bring it on ! Anyone know how long these boats take will get maxipad ( taxi ) down to game if im really missing out on drinking time !

lopez
13/05/2004, 10:18 AM
Anyone know how long these boats take will get maxipad ( taxi ) down to game if im really missing out on drinking time !Takes about an hour from Westminster to Greenwhich. Not as fast as the train but great views none the less.

finlma
13/05/2004, 10:43 AM
Anyone know how long these boats take will get maxipad ( taxi ) down to game if im really missing out on drinking time !

The boat (drinks available on the boat but it will be full of yanky toursits) takes about an hour from Westminster to Greenwich and the train station is around a 5 minute walk from the pier. The are 5 trains an hour from Greenwich to Charlton, a journey time of 7 minutes and the Valley is right beside the station. You can also get on this train in London Bridge and it takes around 20 mins.

only1kilbane
13/05/2004, 12:48 PM
Cheers lads might be better getting the train to the valley just drinking around the boozers there than waiting on a boat full of yanks my head would be melted !

finlma
13/05/2004, 1:28 PM
Cheers lads might be better getting the train to the valley just drinking around the boozers there than waiting on a boat full of yanks my head would be melted !

I'd recommend drinking in Greenwich before the game rather than Charlton. There are some nice bars around Greenwich but the bars around Charlton are pretty horrible.
I'm probably biased cause I live in Greenwich but I reckon most people would say the same.

only1kilbane
13/05/2004, 1:39 PM
grand so cheers ! will head to greenwich for a few pre-match scoops. ! bit of a **** day for the game though as i follow sunderland and hopefully they will be in the play off final that day !

Beavis
13/05/2004, 1:52 PM
bit of a **** day for the game though as i follow sunderland and hopefully they will be in the play off final that day !
Can't wait for Sunderland on Friday,really hope they can do it...

It'll be interesting to see if the Irish exiles can provide a better atmosphere than at Lansdowne :eek: .Although it wouldn't be hard.It seems were all in the north so shall we make it a bit of singing end?south terrace on tour anyone?:D :rolleyes:

only1kilbane
13/05/2004, 2:25 PM
South Terrace on Tour then it is !

Has to be a better atmosphere than lansdowne once we sing anything more than fields of athenry or ole ole once we are sorted !

Looking forward to it now massive **** up see the sights of london !

Anyone know any good indie clubs in london ?

Plastic Paddy
13/05/2004, 3:14 PM

More of a house/techno man meself, but I'll ask around and see what I can find out for you. There's bound to be plenty of stuff going on. I presume it's the Saturday night you'll be wanting to make shapes?

Bowsy
13/05/2004, 3:21 PM

Camden is the place for Indie. Never had a bad night in the Monarch on Chalk Farm Road. If you want a bizarre live music/nightclub Irish-antipodean buzz then The Swan in Stockwell is the place to go but i would say that as living in the 'Well i'm biased towards this kip. That said if you're only in London for a weekend I'd steer clear of both joints. I ain't going to be working for lonely planet anytime soon with that kind of advice! :)

finlma
13/05/2004, 3:29 PM
Here's a link for finding clubs in London: http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/dance.asp. I'm more into my house so not too sure of indie clubs. If you're still up on Sunday morning at 12 I advise the Church in Kentish Town for a bit of fun with the Aussie's and Kiwis. A bit messy but good fun none the less.

only1kilbane
13/05/2004, 3:52 PM
Cheers for that lads much appreciated ! Love the indie chicks me ! Yeah i heard camden was the place to go. My mate was over last year and went to the camden palace said it was deadly but might be closed now ? Cheers for the tips will have a look at that sight now !

Plastic Paddy
13/05/2004, 6:44 PM
My mate was over last year and went to the camden palace said it was deadly but might be closed now

It is. Bloody good thing too. I used to go there for a hard house night called Peach. It had quite possibly the rudest doormen in history. Despite the fact that house clubbers are noted for their friendliness, you'd nearly get beaten up going in the place by the bouncers. And I useta be on the VIP list. :eek:

:ball: PP

liam88
13/05/2004, 7:09 PM
Lads-Get on to the exiles meet up thread and let's organis eour pre game party! :D
Shall I bring a "foot.ie Exiles" tricolour?

Plastic Paddy
13/05/2004, 9:37 PM
Lads-Get on to the exiles meet up thread and let's organis eour pre game party! :D
Shall I bring a "foot.ie Exiles" tricolour?

You'd better get saving as well, Liam. The first round's all on you. :cool:

:D PP

liam88
14/05/2004, 9:42 AM
You'd better get saving as well, Liam. The first round's all on you. :cool:

at 15?!?! that's a bit steep :rolleyes:
Guys seriously where and when we meeting?

sylvo
14/05/2004, 10:12 AM
[QUOTE=only1kilbane

Anyone know any good indie clubs in london ?[/QUOTE]

As Bowsey said Camden is more or less the place with the monarch and the barfly on chalk farm road, also the garage on highbury corner across the road from highbury and islington tube station, good front bar with a cracking duke box in there, (can't go there meself mind,due to me telling a doorman a few home truth's about himself the other week) :mad: . Get a copy of the NME before yer come over, that'll tell yer all the club night's in London.

Junior
14/05/2004, 10:36 AM
Is The Electric Ballroom in Camden?, had a few decent nights in there when I was living down south, Indie type of place, Stone roses man ya can't beat em!!!! :)

Plastic Paddy
14/05/2004, 10:37 AM
Is The Electric Ballroom in Camden?, had a few decent nights in there when I was living down south, Indie type of place, Stone roses man ya can't beat em!!!! :)

aaah Junior, you're bringing the memories back maaan... that was the place I first saw the Inspiral Carpets waaaay back in 1989...

sylvo
14/05/2004, 11:00 AM

Junior how's the form, electric ballroom is still going,think it play's a bit of every thing these day's, don't know if it's fri or sat night's that the place is taken over by Maralyn Manson look a like's, proberly be a few of them with green shirt's on with eircom on under them black trench coat's that weekend.
We'll have the Bristol ''Irish'' rover's staying with us in various safe house's in north London around the game's so if yer on for a few jar's after the match's, we'll be around Wood Green or the Archway.

Bowsy
14/05/2004, 11:01 AM

Careful now. You turn up on Goth night and you might get a little more than you bargained for!! :eek:

Quality pub in Camden is my old local the Lock Tavern on Chalk Farm Road. Great beer garden and terrace as long as you can tolerate many a mulleted, crazy t-shirted, suit jacket jeans-ed, creative north London trendy knocking about. :cool:

In Camden. The Palace, The Monarch(Barfly), Colour, Electric Ballroom all worth a visit, but for the love of god avoid the Underworld like the plague(which is quite likely to still be bubonicking around that gin joint somewhere!)

Junior
14/05/2004, 11:19 AM
Junior how's the form, electric ballroom is still going,think it play's a bit of every thing these day's, don't know if it's fri or sat night's that the place is taken over by Maralyn Manson look a like's, proberly be a few of them with green shirt's on with eircom on under them black trench coat's that weekend.
We'll have the Bristol ''Irish'' rover's staying with us in various safe house's in north London around the game's so if yer on for a few jar's after the match's, we'll be around Wood Green or the Archway.

I'm grand, Sylv, not sure if Im heading down for the game yet as I'd volunteered to play in a Celtic Supporters 5-a-side tournament in Halifax that weekend, though I've heard **** all about it recently, so if not, it would be a pleasure to meet up for a few swallies.......

only1kilbane
14/05/2004, 11:37 AM
So Does anyone know if the Electric Ballroom on the Sat night is indie night or goth night dont fancy a load of headbangers !!

Bowsy
14/05/2004, 12:12 PM
Pretty sure Goths are on a Friday but also think saturday is a bit of an 80s buzz these days.

Pat O' Banton
14/05/2004, 12:17 PM
Ballroom has a new more indie night on a Friday night, much to Mrs O' Banton's annoyance as this means no more shaking her booty to the Sisters of Mercy, there is different music on different floors this is £7 to get into after 12pm. On Saturday it seems House garage and Disco funk and is a tenner to get in.
The Underworld next to the Worlds End is probably a better bet on Saturday for indie music although I have not been there in years.
Last time I was in the Garage they'd changes to a thrash metal night but I don't think that this was going down to well so they were thinking of changing it back to Indie night.