PDA

View Full Version : U-21's eating habits in Grudziadz

slow2anger
29/04/2004, 10:11 PM
Had a couple of beers in the Bunker Bar near Grudziadz station after u-21 game as you do. Headed up to McDonalds after for a Big Mac, sitting down when a coach turned up outside. Guess who? The U-21 team for their evening meal! I kid you not!

tiktok
29/04/2004, 10:51 PM
that's McDonald's aiming their advertising at the kids for you :D :D

wouldn't read anything into it to be honest, just an example of how in places like eastern europe how Irish, English etc, flock to recognisable food outlets rather than sampling the local fare.

pete
30/04/2004, 9:01 AM
wouldn't read anything into it to be honest, just an example of how in places like eastern europe how Irish, English etc, flock to recognisable food outlets rather than sampling the local fare.

yeah they probably not keen on trying some local cuisine like a tourist in case it didn't agree with them...

Plastic Paddy
30/04/2004, 9:08 AM
It's laughable though, isn't it? This is Poland we're talking about, not somewhere in deepest central Asia or Africa. They're a meat-and-potatoes culture just like us. And just about to join the EU. It speaks volumes for the ignorance of the officials in charge.

Notwithstanding that, if I were a club manager I'd be spitting tacks upon hearing that the FAI were filling my players with junk food. Have these eejits never heard of dietetics?

:confused: PP

One Brian Kerr
30/04/2004, 9:11 AM
One of my mates swears to me he saw Jason McAteer in a McDonalds in Japan during the world cup

pete
30/04/2004, 9:47 AM
Have these eejits never heard of dietetics?

Any suggestions what they should have eaten? Maybe they only stopped off for the Mc D's salad or pasta? Maybe no pasta or healthy foods to be had?

liamon
30/04/2004, 9:50 AM
Yeah, but these guys aren't tourists. They're professional athletes. The FAI should have organised proper food for them, rather than dragging them off to McDonalds. It's just more FAI amateurism.

sylvo
30/04/2004, 10:35 AM
Mind you, at least the blazer's stayed with the team this time instead of what they done on one our trip's to Poland in the 80's when the gave the team the name of the hotel, and then went on an almighty tear not bothering to go to the match.

Plastic Paddy
30/04/2004, 10:39 AM
Any suggestions what they should have eaten? Maybe they only stopped off for the Mc D's salad or pasta? Maybe no pasta or healthy foods to be had?

That's not my job Pete. It is the job of those organising these trips. And if there's nothing "healthy" available (which I utterly fail to believe - after all, this is a central European country we're talking about), then they should bring their own supplies and a chef too, if needs be. Did Genesis teach these people nothing?

:ball: PP

Duncan Gardner
30/04/2004, 10:50 AM
Dietary advice is mainly in Leviticus, actually :D

Plastic Paddy
30/04/2004, 10:51 AM
Dietary advice is mainly in Leviticus, actually :D

I'm glad the scripture study wasn't wasted on you lot up North... ;)

:D PP

pete
30/04/2004, 11:13 AM
I'm sure a Big Mac has the main food groups & no harm to active professional athletes.

(never though be defending Mac Ds)

Plastic Paddy
30/04/2004, 11:34 AM
I'm sure a Big Mac has the main food groups & no harm to active professional athletes.

(never though be defending Mac Ds)

That's not the point. What sort of sporting organisation not only condones but encourages their athletes to eat this sort of crap? Listen, when I was a footballer (and I played to a pretty decent standard), we occasionally used to stop for fish and chips on the way home from long trips. However, that was fifteen years ago, and nutritional knowledge is now much advanced. And, on top of that, these are international players we're talking about, not lower-league journeymen. Not good enough, FAI, just not good enough. :mad:

lopez
30/04/2004, 2:46 PM
Had a couple of beers in the Bunker Bar near Grudziadz station after u-21 game as you do. Headed up to McDonalds after for a Big Mac, sitting down when a coach turned up outside. Guess who? The U-21 team for their evening meal! I kid you not!What the f*ck were you doing in McMurders. Not only you're suppose to be on a diet, but this is the citadel of the evil empire. :mad: Shame on the Merrion morons too.

Dietary advice is mainly in Leviticus, actually :DAnd the book of Acts if you happen to be a Jehovah's Witness. :D

tiktok
30/04/2004, 2:51 PM
sure we won't have to worry about it after the wombles put them out of business tomorrow ;)

Dodge
30/04/2004, 2:58 PM
FFS thes are 18-21 year old men/boys. An odd big mac won't ****ing kill them.

Chances are they wanted something to de-stress the lads more than fill them with nutrition.

Greenbod
30/04/2004, 3:06 PM

Chances are they wanted something to de-stress the lads more than fill them with nutrition.

Happy to agree with you on this one Dodge! They probably made the bus stop with a chorus of "Stop the bus we want a big-mac"

FFS! The FAI get lots of stuff wrong, but we don't need another Genesis report just cause a few lads are caught having a burger AFTER a game.

Plastic Paddy
30/04/2004, 3:09 PM

Let them do it on their own time then. Their age doesn't matter; when they're away with Ireland they are international players and should be treated, and expected to act, accordingly.

My God, I think I'm in agreement with RMK's philosophy on this one. :eek:

And an e-number laden Big Mac is the thing, huh? Buy 'em a grot mag and let nature take its course if de-stressing is the aim of the game. :eek:

:) PP

slow2anger
30/04/2004, 3:13 PM
What the f*ck were you doing in McMurders. Not only you're suppose to be on a diet, but this is the citadel of the evil empire.
Very true, but after driving 4 hours to the match and having a few beers I had to have something!!

If it's good enough for the u-21's its good enough for me!!

By the way I didn't have chips - they did!

max power
30/04/2004, 3:16 PM
once they stay away from that dreeded and evil lettuce you'll ok

pete
30/04/2004, 3:26 PM
You'd swear footballers eat boiled chicken & brown rice 3 meals a day.

:rolleyes:

Plastic Paddy
30/04/2004, 3:31 PM
You'd swear footballers eat boiled chicken & brown rice 3 meals a day.

:rolleyes:

The best footballers won't deviate too far from this degree of discipline. I'd like to think that our players can be up among that number. That's all.

lopez
30/04/2004, 3:33 PM
By the way I didn't have chips - they did!No need for the carbs with the beers, hey? :D

slow2anger
30/04/2004, 3:39 PM
No need for the carbs with the beers, hey? :D
You are a fine one to talk about dieting!!!!

lopez
30/04/2004, 3:52 PM
You are a fine one to talk about dieting!!!!Touché! :D

Gracias for the photos of Captain Doby, Starskey and Hutch. If ever the Irish government needs a campaign to combat the blight of alcohol, these are the pictures they require. :D Any ones of the cheerleaders?

slow2anger
30/04/2004, 3:55 PM
Touché! :D

Gracias for the photos of Captain Doby, Starskey and Hutch. If ever the Irish government needs a campaign to combat the blight of alcohol, these are the pictures they require. :D Any ones of the cheerleaders?
I was thinking about making them public but I think it would put people off drink for life!

max power
30/04/2004, 3:58 PM
No need for the carbs with the beers, hey? :D

wrong type of carbs, its cpmplexed carbs you need from an athletes point of view and all the toxins in the beer won't help either......very serious post wasn't it !!!

lopez
30/04/2004, 4:00 PM
wrong type of carbs, its cpmplexed carbs you need from an athletes point of view and all the toxins in the beer won't help either......very serious post wasn't it !!!
What toxins? You saying beer's bad for you or something? :mad:

slow2anger
30/04/2004, 4:01 PM
Touché! :D

Any ones of the cheerleaders?
Bet you've got plenty, ya dirty fecker...........

max power
30/04/2004, 4:04 PM
What toxins? You saying beer's bad for you or something? :mad:

lopez it is bad for you, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, have a pint to recover from the shock !!!

ElSieteSecretos
30/04/2004, 5:46 PM
on a side issue I would like to Quote Mr Wienger : boosers is for loosers so dont try and get drunk for carbohydrates

Headed up to McDonalds after for a Big Mac, sitting down when a coach turned up outside. Guess who? The U-21 team for their evening meal! I kid you not!

The team shouldnt be eating such disgusiting **** food(if you may call it that) :mad: This should be all over the news and diciplinary action taken against the leader of this ! Make no mistake that if you wish to make a professionals you hav to adopted the relevent diet.

the 12 th man
30/04/2004, 9:40 PM
:mad:

horrendously off topic i know,but just wondering lopez,do you have a famous sister called Jennifer by any chance??

lopez
30/04/2004, 10:04 PM
Bet you've got plenty, ya dirty fecker...........Didn't have a camera. Hence my touting! :eek:

lopez it is bad for you, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, have a pint to recover from the shock !!!Dahamsta? Yet another poster to be dispatched for libelous comments. ;)

horrendously off topic i know,but just wondering lopez,do you have a famous sister called Jennifer by any chance??Nope! :(

slow2anger
30/04/2004, 10:11 PM
the impromptu off-licence in the Bydgoszcz press-box was a sight to behold....good to see them having a good time on the lash! :)

Davros - your best post ever!! Couldn't have put it better myself.

TF was surprisingly sober. I think he was overcome by the emotion of solidarity (solidarnosh - as he kept saying every 5 minutes). Last I saw of him was telling 2 Polish girls (8 pinters) that Polish women are the most beautiful women in the world.

slow2anger
30/04/2004, 11:03 PM
Any ones of the cheerleaders?
Senor L - you will be pleased to know that there are photos of the cheerleaders on www.thepeoplesflag.com (http://www.thepeoplesflag.com)

lopez
01/05/2004, 10:02 AM
Yowzah!!!! :eek: :eek: The two 'Atomic Kittens' on the end were a subject of much post match dissection. Aaaawhhooooooohhhhh!!!

sylvo
01/05/2004, 2:57 PM
That game was the most bootylicous game i've ever been at, yet most people who watched it on tv that i've spoke to said it was a dull game, what did the camera's show the match did they and not the real action that was happening.

lopez
01/05/2004, 4:18 PM
That game was the most bootylicous game i've ever been at, yet most people who watched it on tv that i've spoke to said it was a dull game, what did the camera's show the match did they and not the real action that was happening.I think it's about time that 'Dirty' Richard Desmond sets up a TV company to show these matches. Rupert Murdoch's coverage is cr*p, showing mainly football! :mad: Speaking of Murdoch and Desmond, Sylvo, how did you get on with your workmates that read these geezers' quality papers? Did you tell them that it took us two hours to get through the traffic at Warsaw airport cos the place looked like Puck Fair with all the Romanies dossing out waiting to take off this morning? :rolleyes:

czarner
06/05/2004, 3:43 AM
Lucky lads didn't have their girlfriends sitting beside them, forcing them into watching the 'match'. It could have been so much fun...

Funny that about the train to Warsaw, Lopez + Sylvo, ye kept us all well amused so cheers for that. By the by, there are indeed (small and obscure) coffee shops in Eindhoven but I never got any funny milkshakes in them and anyway it wasn't quite the time or place to be discussing such shenanigans ;) Krakow was cool, apart from my parents getting robbed by a pair of phoney cops, they're safely home now vowing never to head east again.

Btw, I was sitting just in front of the U-21s for the first half of the game but the sound of all that crisp-munching was too much for me, had to move away from them. I wouldn't say they were dragged kicking and screaming through the golden arches anyway.

lopez
06/05/2004, 12:20 PM
Lucky lads didn't have their girlfriends sitting beside them, forcing them into watching the 'match'. It could have been so much fun...Hello again, C. Hope you and your lovely girlfriend are fine. Sorry to hear about Krakow. Had a similar experience years back in France with my quare one but the fake cop was more interested in other items than money...mainly a souvenir piece of underwear (not sure mine or Conchita's :confused: ). Anyway we were saved by some authentic gendarmes who translated his 'ID' as the equivalent of a certificate of sanity from an teach mor. :D Hope to see you again in Europe...perhaps even Amsterdam?!

sylvo
06/05/2004, 10:32 PM
How's the form Czarner,
Sorry to hear about what happened in Krakow. It was indeed good craic the train to Warsaw, and yes talking about ganja bar's in Holland is proberly not the best thing to be talking about in front of yer parent's, but my amigo senior Lopez does tend to be as subtle as the US air force over Bagdad. I hope Bydgoszcz is recovering from the mass attempt to drink it dry (and i drag the poles in on that as well).
Say hello to yer other half for us and i hope to bump into yer both when i get that retirement home of mine :confused: sorted out in Kildare.
Dziekuje