PDA

View Full Version : Duffer - another setback

Junior
29/04/2004, 2:22 PM
dislocated his shoulder again, looks like he's out for the remainder of this season. he hasn't had much luck in the last 2-3 years with injuries - hope next season that changes!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/3670589.stm

eirebhoy
29/04/2004, 2:46 PM
FFS, i was looking forward to seeing him against Monaco. :(

DolansWaistcoat
29/04/2004, 4:30 PM
Ya it's a real pity he's out for the rest of the season.Duff is a world class player and it's no small wonder that Chelsea's season started to dip when the duff man got injured.If they got to the CL final then he might be back to show all of europe that Ireland has the best winger in the game. :)

Beavis
29/04/2004, 4:46 PM
And hasn't he decided to have that operation on the shoulder over the summer.Could be a doubt for our openers? :(

Eirambler
29/04/2004, 5:14 PM
He should probably just admit that his seasons over, have it straight away, and make sure he's fully fit for next season.

eirebhoy
29/04/2004, 7:48 PM
I'm gonna hope that Chelsea fail to get to the final so they only have 2nd place to play for, that might make him get the op done straight away.

BTW - I know someone who had a reacurring shoulder dislocation and he used to just get it popped back into place and play a week later. But, I'm sure Chelsea wouldn't risk it with Duffer.

tricky_colour
29/04/2004, 9:02 PM
I'm gonna hope that Chelsea fail to get to the final so they only have 2nd place to play for, that might make him get the op done straight away.

BTW - I know someone who had a reacurring shoulder dislocation and he used to just get it popped back into place and play a week later. But, I'm sure Chelsea wouldn't risk it with Duffer.

I don't think Chelsea have a chance of getting to the final without Duff,
their form without him is pretty poor.
On the face of it you would say that if they can't beat 10 men they will never
beat 11, but I have lost count of the number of times a team plays
vastly better, and win, when they get a man sent off. Makes me wonder
why the don't start the game with ten men sometimes.

eirebhoy
29/04/2004, 9:07 PM
but I have lost count of the number of times a team plays vastly better, and win, when they get a man sent off. Makes me wonder
why the don't start the game with ten men sometimes.
When players are asked to go out and give 100% it makes me wonder how they can still raise their game. They should be running aroung like maniac's when they are without the ball, I hope Kerr shows them the highlights of N.Ireland -v- Serbia last night, they'll learn a few things from our neigbours.

brine2
30/04/2004, 8:47 AM
Running around like headless chickens more like.

I'd like to hope we'd try to avoid that type of football.

eirebhoy
30/04/2004, 4:12 PM
Running around like headless chickens more like.

I'd like to hope we'd try to avoid that type of football.
Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned N.Ireland but if you saw the Portugal-Sweden match you'll know what I mean. Whenever Sweden got the ball there was a couple of Portugal player around him in seconds to take it off him.

brine2
30/04/2004, 8:26 PM
That must be Big Phil's philosophy at work! :)

Soko
01/05/2004, 10:32 PM
And hasn't he decided to have that operation on the shoulder over the summer.Could be a doubt for our openers? :(

It's his own fault, should have had the operation when he did it first. He's fcuked now and doesnt have an option whether he gets the op or not.