PDA

View Full Version : City v Longford - Fri 24th Sept

A face
20/09/2010, 1:33 PM
City are going to be playing Longford Town at the Cross next Friday. A game that we should hopefully get another three points from. Now all we need is for Waterford and Limerick to draw and all the others to lose ...

Salthill Devon v Monaghan United - 1st Place
Derry City v Mervue United - 2nd Place
Waterford United v Limerick FC - 3rd and 5th Place
Athlone Town v Shelbourne - 4th Place

razor
20/09/2010, 2:04 PM
Now all we need is for Waterford and Limerick to draw and all the others to lose ...
Meanwhile back in the real world I can see Mons, Derry, Blaahs and Shels all winning.

A face
20/09/2010, 2:14 PM
i'll be praying anyway razor, rosary beads at the ready Friday night !!! ;)

As a fella says, we can only concentrate on our own games and hope something else goes our way in the others.

De Town
20/09/2010, 3:55 PM
Ye'll win this handy enough. We're complete rubbish away from home.

outspoken
20/09/2010, 4:01 PM
Ye'll win this handy enough. We're complete rubbish away from home.

Have to agree their I fear a heavy beating 4-1 cork.

Martinho II
20/09/2010, 8:08 PM
our record in turners x is diabolical.. to the best of my knowledge the last time we won down there was when we knocked cork city out of the league cup in 2005 after extra time..

outspoken
20/09/2010, 8:15 PM
our record in turners x is diabolical.. to the best of my knowledge the last time we won down there was when we knocked cork city out of the league cup in 2005 after extra time..

A 1-0 defeat last time in the cross was a great effort and let's remember the trouble the lads had getting their so hopefully something similar without the broken down bus of course (:

A face
25/09/2010, 5:43 PM
A 1-0 defeat last time in the cross was a great effort

Same effort again so .... or a lack of effort from us in the second. Really had the feeling that we were just hanging on towards the end. Still a win is a win, we'll take them all.

Martinho II
26/09/2010, 6:46 PM
Same effort again so .... or a lack of effort from us in the second. Really had the feeling that we were just hanging on towards the end. Still a win is a win, we'll take them all.

How we never got a draw A Face I will never know.. Don Cowan had two great chances for us along with Jason Oladele.. Lee Roche was unlucky with his penalty effort.. Yet again our efforts didnt get its just rewards..

Pablo Escobar
27/09/2010, 7:59 AM
How we never got a draw A Face I will never know.. Don Cowan had two great chances for us along with Jason Oladele.. Lee Roche was unlucky with his penalty effort.. Yet again our efforts didnt get its just rewards..

Yeah, but on the flip side, Cummins should have had 5 goals on his own, plus his disallowed one was seriously questionable.

Hitman
27/09/2010, 10:43 AM
Lee Roche was unlucky with his penalty effort.

Any word on his injury?

A face
27/09/2010, 10:55 AM
Any word on his injury?

George O'Callaghan i her is not as bad as first thought, good news. I dunno will be be able to play Friday yet though.

outspoken
27/09/2010, 12:26 PM
Any word on his injury?

he left the field with his leg all strapped up and thats never ever a good sign so i wouldnt expect to see him again this season unfortunately

Martinho II
27/09/2010, 5:28 PM
he left the field with his leg all strapped up and thats never ever a good sign so i wouldnt expect to see him again this season unfortunately

I have heard that the injury isnt as bad as thought but I am not sure as of yet how long he will be out for..

outspoken
03/10/2010, 1:41 PM
ye it was only precaution in the end but he does have ligament damage and will be out for a week or 2 so maybe he might play some part vs athlone

Martinho II
03/10/2010, 6:15 PM
ye it was only precaution in the end but he does have ligament damage and will be out for a week or 2 so maybe he might play some part vs athlone

it would be lovely if he came back outspoken as he was much missed last nite..