PDA

View Full Version : Who to go or come?

bluewhitearmy
18/09/2010, 3:42 PM
Who would you like to see go at the end of the year?

Anyone you would like to see us sign next year?

LK37oldskool
18/09/2010, 4:27 PM
Keep most of the squad i say. Continuatity is the key to sucess. Maybe bring in a couple of full backs.

ped_ped
18/09/2010, 7:02 PM
Agreed. It's a strong squad, this year will stand to some of the younger lads too.

bluewhitearmy
18/09/2010, 7:20 PM
Agree too. Maybe a big strong man for the middle as well to get a hold of things.

osarusan
18/09/2010, 8:33 PM
Maybe a big strong man for the middle as well to get a hold of things.
Agreed. I think we need this more than anything else.

bluewhitearmy
18/09/2010, 9:11 PM
Agreed. I think we need this more than anything else.

Just think we get bullied out in the middle a lot.

Some have already signed up for next year like Judge,O'Leary and O'Flynn off the top of my head. Would like to get Tierney,Paddy and Dave Ryan signed up as soon as we can. Also really hope Shane Clarke stays around.

Jofspring
18/09/2010, 11:08 PM
Definately a few more physical players for next season. The team this season is the best base for a Limerick set up I've seen in years. It won't take much changing to turn our squad into a top team. I think players will want to play for Limerick next season and can see great things for Limerick FC. How long has it been since a Limerick team has been able to say that?

With Scully at the helm and a few more additions i really don't think teams are going to look forward to meeting us next season. The off season and who Scully will bring in is really going to show his class. I consider this to really have been Scullys first season. Last season was pretty much a write off coming in three weeks into the season. He has set up a very good team that can push on next season. If we don't have patience with a manager we will never go anywhere.

bluewhitearmy
18/09/2010, 11:19 PM
Definately a few more physical players for next season. The team this season is the best base for a Limerick set up I've seen in years. It won't take much changing to turn our squad into a top team. I think players will want to play for Limerick next season and can see great things for Limerick FC. How long has it been since a Limerick team has been able to say that?

With Scully at the helm and a few more additions i really don't think teams are going to look forward to meeting us next season. The off season and who Scully will bring in is really going to show his class. I consider this to really have been Scullys first season. Last season was pretty much a write off coming in three weeks into the season. He has set up a very good team that can push on next season. If we don't have patience with a manager we will never go anywhere.

I think with all Scullys connections he is able to get better players to Limerick then other managers could. With out him no way would O'Flynn Rogers Heary and Bobby Ryan even think about coming to us.

bluepowers
19/09/2010, 4:18 PM
ins
shane duggan
gary sheehan
daryl kavnagh
graham cummins
Shane Guthrie
pat mcgarry

New Right Back

outs

sean kelly
declan cahill
dave mcgrath
john mcguinness
nigel stanley
brian o callaghan

bluewhitearmy
19/09/2010, 4:36 PM
ins
shane duggan
gary sheehan
daryl kavnagh
graham cummins
Shane Guthrie
pat mcgarry

New Right Back

outs

sean kelly
declan cahill
dave mcgrath
john mcguinness
nigel stanley
brian o callaghan

Only ones id take from the ins is Guthrie and Duggan. Cummins has 2 year deal with Cork Sheehan isn't good enough either is McGarry Kavanagh was just released from us couldnt she why we would look to sign him back.

And on the outs why would you get rid of Stanley and McGrath both are only 19 or 20 and are there for the A team and to break into the 1st team in the future Stanley has only played a handful of games for us and has been very good in every game except Friday. Have you even seen McGrath play more then twice to say he should be gone.

Jofspring
19/09/2010, 10:04 PM
Shane Duggan is the only player there i would like to see join the club. Cummins has a new contract with Cork and if he's going anywhere it will be to the premier. Don't think Kav will ever play with Limerick again so no point in even mentioning him.

I definitely wouldn't like to see McGrath released, he is only young and has plenty of time to come into the first team. I was impressed the few times i saw him play also. No need for the likes of O Callaghan to go either as he adds a bit of experience to the A team.

gael353
19/09/2010, 10:08 PM
Dave Ryan 21
John McGuinness
Shane Cusack 18

Sean Kelly 23/4
Brian O'Callaghan
Nigel Stanley 19
Paddy Purcell 31
Peter White 24
Martin Deady 20
Dave Rogers 100
Declan Cahill 24
Lee O'Mara 18

Bobby Ryan 32
Timmy Keily 23
Jeffery Judge 19
Thomas Lyone 19
Jason Hughes 19
Shane Tracy 24
Thomas Heary 32
Garbhan Coughlan 17
John Sullivan 18

Dave McGrath 19
John Tierney 22
Shane Clarke 19/20
Steven O'Flynn 27
David O'Leary 17

thats roughly the squad and roughly their ages.

bluewhitearmy
19/09/2010, 10:21 PM
Dave Ryan 21
John McGuinness
Shane Cusack 18

Sean Kelly 23/4
Brian O'Callaghan
Nigel Stanley 19
Paddy Purcell 31
Peter White 24
Martin Deady 20
Dave Rogers 100
Declan Cahill 24
Lee O'Mara 18

Bobby Ryan 32
Timmy Keily 23
Jeffery Judge 19
Thomas Lyone 19
Jason Hughes 19
Shane Tracy 24
Thomas Heary 32
Garbhan Coughlan 17
John Sullivan 18

Dave McGrath 19
John Tierney 22
Shane Clarke 19/20
Steven O'Flynn 27
David O'Leary 17

Thats who i would really wanna hold onto.

bluepowers
19/09/2010, 11:02 PM
Duggan would be a good signing and would love to get Shane Guthrie.......

bluewhitearmy
19/09/2010, 11:38 PM
Duggan would be a good signing and would love to get Shane Guthrie.......

They would be 2 class signings alright.

bluepowers
19/09/2010, 11:43 PM
hopefully we get them duggan is quality and Shane Guthrie soild as a rock

sean r
20/09/2010, 1:44 AM
dave rogers is 100??

Pablo Escobar
22/09/2010, 9:49 AM
Duggan is under contract with us until the end of the 2011 season.

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/3561/

bluepowers
22/09/2010, 4:07 PM
we will buy him haha

bluewhitearmy
22/09/2010, 5:43 PM
Duggan is under contract with us until the end of the 2011 season.

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/3561/

Him and Cummins for next year is great news for ye.

Pablo Escobar
23/09/2010, 10:47 AM
Him and Cummins for next year is great news for ye.

Excellent if we can hold onto Cummins........Duggan is a fantastic player too. I actually found it a bit strange that he did join us at the start of the season but I'm not complaining!

Jofspring
29/09/2010, 11:32 AM
Dave Ryan 21
John McGuinness
Shane Cusack 18

Sean Kelly 23/4
Brian O'Callaghan
Nigel Stanley 19
Paddy Purcell 31
Peter White 24
Martin Deady 20
Dave Rogers 100 Has done well for us and i would like to keep him for experience.
Declan Cahill 24
Lee O'Mara 18

Bobby Ryan 32
Timmy Keily 23
Jeffery Judge 19
Thomas Lyone 19
Jason Hughes 19
Shane Tracy 24
Thomas Heary 32
Garbhan Coughlan 17
John Sullivan 18

Dave McGrath 19
John Tierney 22
Shane Clarke 19/20
Steven O'Flynn 27
David O'Leary 17

I would like to see those players stay. Whether it be with the A team and be fringe players or starters for the first team. We need to keep a certain amount of a squad together and add players here and there rather than a complete over haul of the squad season after season.