PDA

View Full Version : Dolan how he treats the players

keano
28/04/2004, 11:11 PM
Pat dolan is a good organiser, but he treats the players like kids, he has them on strict diets and wont let them out at the weekends. some people may say this is good and i agree with them to a certain extent but take it from me players would much rather perform for a person who they can respect.Dolan right now is too harsh on them in training and how he treats them off the field. players will lose respect for him,as Dolan is getting worried about keeping the crowds happy. every time we lose he is on the paper saying he is going to sign a new player this keeps the fans happy but at the end of the day the players read this, there confidence is low at the moment. the players they have are very good i know that. they need to gel. lads stick with them.

Xlex
29/04/2004, 9:31 AM
many the player is an exhausted piece of crap after a few years of Dolan's physical training.

eoinh
29/04/2004, 9:42 AM
he has them on strict diets and wont let them out at the weekends.

Its called being professional. Something which many clubs in england despite the amount of money being thrown around the game over there really arent.

It goes some way to explaining why english clubs despite the huge amount of money in the game in the last 20 years are relatively unsuccessful in Europe.

Xlex
29/04/2004, 9:47 AM
absolutely nothing wrong with proper diets. far cry from the 10 beers and a Kebab culture that existed some time ago. I only play Saturday soccer and club GAA and I watch what I eat, If I had the use of a qualified dietician I'd be all for it. All County sides, Rugby sides and soccer sides have a club dietician.

eastcork
29/04/2004, 12:38 PM
Do you really think all the players go home after a friday night game. Do you really think they all eat salads and stuff. NOOOOo. Wake up boyo. They might be told to do it but they do not do it. Fact!

keano
29/04/2004, 1:16 PM
who is the player dolan wants to bring in thats is on a soccer scholarship, is it Greg yelverton (good midfielder creative patsy mould/goerges friend) or is it damien o rourke (centre back) both have live in the usa for the few years

max power
29/04/2004, 1:20 PM
oh its hard to type this but the proper diet thing it spot on, they are meant to be professional athletes, therefore its not food they take, its fuel....that would be like puttin 10 euro of unleaded into an F1 car...its just not done...

Dodge
29/04/2004, 1:24 PM
eL circles are very small and at pats a number of players were unhappy with Dolan, which meant that players wouldn't sign for us, and players left the club.

I'm all for backing the manager 100% but the "no person is bigger than club" thing should apply to all members of staff too...

Éanna
29/04/2004, 1:25 PM
you're spot on Max. There is far too much of a culture of amateurism in this country when it comes to sport. Dolan is a professional. If the players aren't sticking to what they're told, no wonder they find training hard! As for not being able to go out- they're paid well enough and they get all the attention they want. They can go out in the close-season. Some people just want to have their cake and eat it

eoinh
29/04/2004, 1:29 PM
Some people just want to have their cake and eat it

literally in this debate :)

max power
29/04/2004, 1:31 PM
thats the problem, they are eating the cake !!! since i started training for the marathon i've done a lot of research into athletes diet and as xlex rightly said i am consulting a dietician as well....

but a treat every now and again doesn't hurt in moderation, for example a glass of wine instead of 2 pints......

brown bread instead of white.....

mulitviatmins....

drink lot of water .....

simple things that can really change your eating habits,aslo get a food alergy test, they are worth their weight in gold.....

Peadar
29/04/2004, 1:52 PM
drink lot of water

SO many people don't realise how important this is.
If you drink plenty fresh water you're likely to eat less.
You wont be dehydrated and therefore will perform better at daily tasks as you will think clearly.
Food isn't a luxury it's a necessity but you must also enjoy the food you eat. A healthy balanced diet with plenty variety does wonders for your sense of wellbeing.

Xlex
29/04/2004, 2:29 PM
You wont be dehydrated and therefore will perform better at daily tasks as you will think clearly.
Food isn't a luxury it's a necessity but you must also enjoy the food you eat. A healthy balanced diet with plenty variety does wonders for your sense of wellbeing.

just as well its a beautiful day or it would be all for nothing...

Absolutely any player who doesn't look after his diet and limits the consumption of alcohol until its appropiate to do so, isn't worth a place at an eL club in todays league, we demand better.

max power
29/04/2004, 2:30 PM

pity you don't drink more water and my e mail might work properly :p

pete
29/04/2004, 2:49 PM

thats the problem, he drinking so much water it pouring out from all angles on the hardware

:D

Peadar
29/04/2004, 3:08 PM

Job done, cheque cashed. Go cry to someone who gives a shíte :D

I agree with Xlex, the league has to have players who look after themselves in order to be professional.

max power
29/04/2004, 3:25 PM
your not gonna believe this , but just after i posted that the bloody thing did crash !!!!!

they are paid to be professional afterall, its everyones wish to be paid to do something that is a hobby to most people......

DolansWaistcoat
29/04/2004, 4:41 PM
All Citys players aren't professional so does that mean that while the ones that are on a pro contract have to eat their pasta and their fruit and drink eight litres of water a day while the ones still on amatuar terms can eat all the Hillbillys and McDonalds they want and down 40 pints at the weekends. ;)

eoinh
29/04/2004, 4:53 PM
Actually, in last fridays programme Danny Murphy was going on about how you could get away with more in England than in Ireland. English cities are so big after all. Yould be easily spotted in Ireland. The team goes for a drink.... within two minutes its up on Foot.ie.

pete
29/04/2004, 5:14 PM
The team goes for a drink.... within two minutes its up on Foot.ie.

New slogan for foot.ie ;)