PDA

View Full Version : Nil-nil against Poland

Plastic Paddy
28/04/2004, 5:57 PM
I'm happy with that. Good to see Douglas and Byrne win their caps (even if it was for a meaningless five minutes at the end in the latter case).

Well done boys. :)

:D PP

ElSieteSecretos
28/04/2004, 5:59 PM
such a boring match :(

Troy.McClure
28/04/2004, 7:00 PM
Zzzzzzzzzz...............

4tothefloor
28/04/2004, 7:03 PM
Very poor game and standard but its good experience for them. I'd hate to be a Polish football fan at the moment - they were absolutely useless! :p

Pauro 76
28/04/2004, 8:21 PM
Not a great match im afraid... well done to Jason Byrne on his debut... even if the Sky commentator muppethead said he played for SHELBORN.... bring back George Hamilton, Trevor Welch, anyone....!!! pining for the days of Apres Match, Billo and his "We'll leave it there sooo" "Okey dokey so...", Sky seem to have no passion for Ireland international games at all.... :(

tricky_colour
28/04/2004, 8:23 PM
Excellent result, Poland are ranked 30 by FIFA one behind Russia(29)
and well ahead of Switzerland(47), we would have settled for a draw
away against either of those in our failed qualifiers wouldn't we?
With half the squad injured, it was unrealistic to expect more.

Well done lads, there is nothing wrong with a clean sheet. :ball:

eirebhoy
28/04/2004, 8:29 PM
Not a great match im afraid... well done to Jason Byrne on his debut... even if the Sky commentator muppethead said he played for SHELBORN.... bring back George Hamilton, Trevor Welch, anyone....!!! pining for the days of Apres Match, Billo and his "We'll leave it there sooo" "Okey dokey so...", Sky seem to have no passion for Ireland international games at all.... :(
Jesus, I hate George Hamilton. You could write a book of his mistakes after every match.http://www.dangerhere.com/madness.htm. Irish commentator's must be the worst in the world and I'm delighted Sky got the rights. as for "Shelborn", I don't think a lot of English people could pronounce it like Shelbuurn. :)

Beavis
28/04/2004, 8:49 PM
Irish commentator's must be the worst in the world
As a rule? :rolleyes:

Hate this attitude tbh.People who watch Ireland rugby games,Celtic games,Champions League etc on the English channels when irish channels are showing them too cos they have better commentary(?)....support Irish jobs ffs

The Legend
28/04/2004, 9:58 PM

Hate this attitude tbh.People who watch Ireland rugby games,Celtic games,Champions League etc on the English channels when irish channels are showing them too cos they have better commentary(?)....support Irish jobs ffs

Well people generally like to hear others say they are doing well... rather then have themselves say it!

tricky_colour
28/04/2004, 11:43 PM
Best football pundit the BBC have got is Mark Lawrenson and he is Irish
or at least a plactic paddy. :eek:

eirebhoy
29/04/2004, 12:26 PM

I am not going to listen to Hamilton for an hour and a half when there is commentators who know what their talking about. In saying that, I hope Stapleton isn't with Sky for long. I would watch a rugby game on RTE but thats about it.

sylvo
30/04/2004, 10:46 AM
I had a great time @ the match, craic was great inside the stadium, load's happening, was a bit fed up though when on the way out of the ground i was told the game had been boring :confused:.Think i'll watch the tape and see how bad it was. :eek: and what i missed.

NeilMcD
30/04/2004, 10:57 AM
at least the Brat wasn't there.....

Get over it

lopez
30/04/2004, 1:41 PM
Yeah, sh*te game, but the jailbait booty with the pom poms :eek: :o certainly made up for it.

London Irish
30/04/2004, 6:47 PM
………They certainly attracted a huddle of young not-to-subtle local admirers in front of us…good to see the male psyche is the same all over the world!!!!!

Was indeed a good craic…..impossible to go to a country with a female population like Poland and come back disappointed!!!!!!