PDA

View Full Version : Are City the real deal....

ccfcman
28/04/2004, 2:41 PM
.....or are we really doomed?last yr i started threads a couple of times on where we see our team finishing out the season and after the fairly rocky start we've had its only a question of how long before we get embroiled on a battle(of the relegation kind).City have in the past started seasons out well,quite often topping the table after a hand full of matches and after that we've seen city slowly pitter out to claim 2nd,3rd etc. As optomistic as i may be i can't genuinely see City a)challenging from any honours but the MSC & b) finishing mid table 5th 6th -ish.

I'm also afraid to say that the signings of Fenn and Kearney don't appear to have been massively succesful especially Fenn who's been static,lazy etc. I was really hoping he was gonna be our man this season but alas no.George has dissapeared into the quagmire of shít that is the CCFC midfield.

I leave this post as a more than unimpressed and very much disillusioned Cork City fan,but in the words of our own Patrick Dolan I'll keep the faith. That said I'm gonna reseve judgement on Dolan until after the rovers' home game. :confused:

A face
28/04/2004, 4:34 PM
Are City the real deal .....or are we really doomed?

Why is there no middle ground .... all or nothing ..... Why is it always that. :confused:

Maz
28/04/2004, 4:35 PM
Why is there no middle ground .... all or nothing ..... Why is it always that. :confused:

theres just no pleasin some people.....they're everywhere not just in cork!!

Éanna
28/04/2004, 5:19 PM
how long before we get embroiled on a battle(of the relegation kind).
How do you figure that? Dublin City are halfway to being relegated already, and Pats are a very poor team. With only one going down I'd say even the team in 7th won't feel the heat. We'll be fine, a bad start is just that- a bad start, nothing more. Don't start preparing for Armageddon over 8 games :rolleyes:

Colm
28/04/2004, 6:33 PM
That said I'm gonna reseve judgement on Dolan until after the rovers' home game. :confused:

Nice to see you're sooooo patient and are willing to give Pat Dolan soooooo much time to do a good job. :rolleyes:

Why is there no middle ground .... all or nothing ..... Why is it always that.

Exactly. It seems that if we're not top of the table people automatically think that all hope is lost and we're going to get relegated. Cop the fcuk on, we'll be fine and we'll have a good season but you've got to get behind Dolan and the players. It's easy to support them when things are going well but it's at times like this that they really need it.

ccfcman
30/04/2004, 7:33 PM
yes i feel im more than patient it'll be a season and a good bit by then.we'll jave had a 1/4 of the season gone after the boez match and we've very little to show for it