PDA

View Full Version : Derry City (home)

outspoken
15/09/2010, 10:42 AM
Friday night we take on another side looking for promotion and its former town great stephen kennys derry city side. I really think we could nick a win in this one but once again id be happy with a point.

as for team selection i really hope cousins tries to win this one and goes 4-4-2 instead of 4-1-4-1

what would your starting line up be?

mine would be

gk. Conlon
rb. Victor (if reilly isnt fit)
cb. deans
cb. byrne (c)
lb. lee

rm. salmon
cm. lester
cm. hyland
lm. brady or roach

st. freeman (played well enough vs shels)
st. glynn (if fit) if not then hynes (if available) or cowan

should be a bit of fun seeing the diffrent teams we would put out so go ahead and pick yours.

Tallanted
15/09/2010, 11:47 AM
Conlon
Hyland/O'Reilly Byrne Lester Lee
Freeman Walsh Sammon A Roche
L Roche Hynes/Cowan

brandy86
15/09/2010, 2:39 PM
What time is Kick-off lads?

8pm?

I think this game will end in a draw, we just aren’t getting the breaks we got in the first half of the season.

outspoken
15/09/2010, 4:39 PM
8 oclock it is , many of ye travelling there is usually a great derry support and its always great to see ye in flancare despite been relegated in 07 on the final day when we beat ye 3-1 it is one of my favorite memories of been a town fan the atmosphere was magic hopefully more of the same this friday......without the relegation of course lol.

outspoken
15/09/2010, 4:42 PM
Conlon
Hyland/O'Reilly Byrne Lester Lee
Freeman Walsh Sammon A Roche
L Roche Hynes/Cowan

would ya not rather deans than lester at center half? big difference in pace and has hyland ever played rb i remember him at cb and cm cant remember if he played rb?

and i think freemans a disaster out wide and walsh hasnt impressed me since joining .......not having a go here just like to hear other peoples views

The Insider
15/09/2010, 5:15 PM
would ya not rather deans than lester at center half? big difference in pace and has hyland ever played rb i remember him at cb and cm cant remember if he played rb?

and i think freemans a disaster out wide and walsh hasnt impressed me since joining .......not having a go here just like to hear other peoples views

Deans wont be playing Fri, heard that hes suspended. I havent been overly impressed with Walsh either, know a lot of people havent been. But I'll give him time. Think Cousins has to play two up front, Lee Roche and Hynes (if fit) will do for me, if not Cowan.

outspoken
15/09/2010, 8:51 PM
Ahh right thanks 4 that if that's the case I'd put hyland in at center half were he enjoys playing , salmon would then slot into the middle of the park and I'd put Brady on the right with roach on the left

MariborKev
16/09/2010, 7:30 PM
relegated in 07 on the final day when we beat ye 3-1 it is one of my favorite memories of been a town fan the atmosphere was magic hopefully more of the same this friday......without the relegation of course lol.

Rumours that there were a few crazy bets on that game....

Lads, I'm working in Ballsbridge tomorrow, what is the best/quickest way for me to get to the Flansiro?

Martinho II
16/09/2010, 7:49 PM
Rumours that there were a few crazy bets on that game....

Lads, I'm working in Ballsbridge tomorrow, what is the best/quickest way for me to get to the Flansiro?

maribor the easiest way for you is follow the signs for the n4 from ballsbridge you go thro ranelagh and then incicore.. when you come to the end of the road you are on a roundabout which is the n4 take a left and you are on the main road to longford.. thats the way that i normally go to ireland matches ..

MariborKev
16/09/2010, 8:28 PM
Martinho, what sort of time will it take? I am aiming to get away about three but I'm onsite with a project so it could be half five

RonnieB
16/09/2010, 9:14 PM
also make sure when you are on the motorway when it breaks in two, do not go down the galway athlone one! aim for mullingar!

as for the time needed. I work in kimmage and on a firday evening including m50 ****tyness onto n4 it would take me under 2 hours to make the match.

MariborKev
16/09/2010, 9:27 PM
Thanks Ronnie.

RonnieB
17/09/2010, 7:37 AM
thinking about it again, going through town it may take you nearer to 2:45. Also after Mullingar there is no more dual carrigeway and one usually meets plenty of slow moving lorry's hauling hay and straw this time of year!!

oooh arrr!

Macy
17/09/2010, 8:38 AM
Martinho, what sort of time will it take? I am aiming to get away about three but I'm onsite with a project so it could be half five
If you're on the road at three, straight down the canal to the N4 and then out the Leixlip By Pass. If it's half five, you're probably destined for jams which ever way, but you may be as well heading south to hook up with the M50 at Sandyford or Cherrywood. I'm not based in the Baggot Street area anymore, but I'd be trying to get out on the road before 4 if at all possible - from 4 on all routes fooked.

De Town
17/09/2010, 9:35 PM
Well that game was definitely there for the taking. Poor enough in the first half, but by no means out classed. Their goal was a good strike, but the defending leading to it was horrific. We were much more lively in the 2nd half and definitely deserved the point. I was sure Lee Roche was going to score when he was through 1 on 1 with their keeper, but thems the breaks.

A few things about the team selection/players..

- The Roche brothers on the bench? Mind boggling. They're our 2 best players since the mid season transfer window.
- Kevin Cronin and Dave Freeman anywhere near the pitch? Mind boggling. They're hopeless.
- Mick Lee on the left wing? Mind boggling. He's a left back.
- Phil Byrne is terrible. I know we were probably stuck for numbers at the back tonight with O'Reilly and Deans both out, but Byrne's ****ing useless.
- Conlon was impressive in fairness to him, but he really needs to learn that he can't come flying out of his box for every ball over the top.

outspoken
17/09/2010, 9:53 PM
Well that game was definitely there for the taking. Poor enough in the first half, but by no means out classed. Their goal was a good strike, but the defending leading to it was horrific. We were much more lively in the 2nd half and definitely deserved the point. I was sure Lee Roche was going to score when he was through 1 on 1 with their keeper, but thems the breaks.

- The Roche brothers on the bench? Mind boggling. They're our 2 best players since the mid season transfer window.
- Kevin Cronin and Dave Freeman anywhere near the pitch? Mind boggling. They're hopeless.
-

I couldn't agree with you more on those points especially kevin Cronin hes the biggest fool ive ever seen but tonight he was half decent otherwise no....

but well done lads good come back and we could have won it but we could have just as easilly lost it so well done boys.

Cabs88
18/09/2010, 11:57 AM
Some good points made above, however wouldnt be blaming cronin too much he is not a full back and shouldnt have been played there. Him and lee both played out of position. Philly Bynre not able for it anymore, nearly cost us a result again last night. Talking about dodgy defenders, vik.. hasnt a clue about positioning, heading and cant see how he is still there.Freeman is another player I wouldnt be rushing to resign I didnt want him back in the first place but footballing wise he hasnt performed.. his touch is non existent and Cousins persistence in playing him over oladele is strange.

Overall delighted with the result and fully merited. Again sammon and hyland very good in the middle and the roche lads need to be playin from the start. We need to try all 4 players next year if we are to push on next year.

outspoken
18/09/2010, 6:09 PM
Alot of people think micheal lee should be lm but I've always believed he is far more effective at lb. I remember he played lm under gareth cronnin and he was good but mo were near as good as he is at lb and that was proven again last night as he became frustrated with his lack of action out wide and was eventually substituted which is very very rare for him as he usually plays the whole game even when he's injured hel try and get back on so I think that proved he's a lb not a left mid.

As for victor I thought he could do a job for us back there but like u said he's got no clue of positioning or heading and he should have been switched with hylo after the first few minutes as for freeman don't get me started he should have never been brought back to the club after all the crap he pulled last time and I hope this season will be his last.

The Insider
18/09/2010, 7:09 PM
Great result last night, I thought at half-time we were lucky to just be 1-0 down but second half we improved immensely deserved the point, pity Roche's effort didn't sneak in. On team selection I was baffled that both the Roches were on the bench, look at the difference Lee made when he came on. Kevin Cronin, Id say you are a nice guy but a footballer you aint. One person said to me before about the Cronins, there's two brothers and not a decent footballer between them. Summed it up well. Was amazed to see Lee on the wing, he's the best defender we have and a natural full-back. Anyway hopefully thats the result that can lift us again and we can move on. Tricky game in Cork though next week.

L.T.F.C.
18/09/2010, 9:58 PM

- Phil Byrne is terrible. I know we were probably stuck for numbers at the back tonight with O'Reilly and Deans both out, but Byrne's ****ing useless.
- Conlon was impressive in fairness to him, but he really needs to learn that he can't come flying out of his box for every ball over the top.

You need a thesaurus.
The defending was terrible for they're goal, we need a pair of balls to be going in to bury these lads. Mick Lee was fantastic where he was. His usual solid self, and I thought it was a good idea to put him on the wing. Philly Byrne was dire, and Cronin and Victor were sound where they were. I find it odd that Victor has been scoring of late and yet he was put at the back. Maybe let him play lone striker instead of Freeman for a change? I liked the look of Cowan, seemed decent. I was perfectly happy that the Roche brothers didn't start, didn't get up to much last night.

L.T.F.C.
18/09/2010, 10:01 PM
Alot of people think micheal lee should be lm but I've always believed he is far more effective at lb. I remember he played lm under gareth cronnin and he was good but mo were near as good as he is at lb and that was proven again last night as he became frustrated with his lack of action out wide and was eventually substituted which is very very rare for him as he usually plays the whole game even when he's injured hel try and get back on so I think that proved he's a lb not a left mid.

As for victor I thought he could do a job for us back there but like u said he's got no clue of positioning or heading and he should have been switched with hylo after the first few minutes as for freeman don't get me started he should have never been brought back to the club after all the crap he pulled last time and I hope this season will be his last.

Also, you need need one of those bangers in your mouth that that dog got his jaw blown off during the week there. Pipe down during games, you're making it near unbearable for me to sit where I've been sitting since I started to go.

The Insider
18/09/2010, 10:24 PM
You need a thesaurus.
The defending was terrible for they're goal, we need a pair of balls to be going in to bury these lads. Mick Lee was fantastic where he was. His usual solid self, and I thought it was a good idea to put him on the wing. Philly Byrne was dire, and Cronin and Victor were sound where they were. I find it odd that Victor has been scoring of late and yet he was put at the back. Maybe let him play lone striker instead of Freeman for a change? I liked the look of Cowan, seemed decent. I was perfectly happy that the Roche brothers didn't start, didn't get up to much last night.

Eh Lee Roche came on and scored the goal or was that someone else that headed in Hylo's long ball?? He nearly grabbed a second too. Defo think Lee should've been in his usual role and Aidan Roche on the left. Kevin Cronin was caught out several times, the majority of their crosses and balls into the box came from the left side. Victor was missed throwing his weight around the park, thought if he was going to start Cronin would've been right-full and Vic left in midfield.

TheBoss
19/09/2010, 1:19 AM
Who came on for Michael Lee in the 81st Minute, some sources say Craig Walsh and others say Aidan Roche, which was it ?

outspoken
19/09/2010, 9:33 AM
Also, you need need one of those bangers in your mouth that that dog got his jaw blown off during the week there. Pipe down during games, you're making it near unbearable for me to sit where I've been sitting since I started to go.

That wasn't me mate that was the fella next to me he said to me after the game someone told him to hush up during the game

outspoken
19/09/2010, 9:34 AM
Who came on for Michael Lee in the 81st Minute, some sources say Craig Walsh and others say Aidan Roche, which was it ?

That was aidan Roche

De Town
19/09/2010, 9:47 AM
You need a thesaurus.
Oh lord.

L.T.F.C.
19/09/2010, 2:23 PM
And what about the rest of the game? Anyone would have scored from that, with such a good ball in. He made one tackle and that was it, he spent the rest of the game holding his ****. Lee was fine where he was, he made some good runs and crosses. Is Cronin a defender? I thought he did ok.

outspoken
19/09/2010, 3:11 PM
I agree with ya ltfc Cronin did a decent job