PDA

View Full Version : Dolan, the players, and the fans

Ozymandias
28/04/2004, 10:35 AM
I have been reading the threads on here and on citynet after the Drigheda game etc.....It seems if someone slags off Dolan or the players people seem to think that they don't support the club and that they should be barracked abused........I think (the personal stuff aside) criticism of a team and their manager is an integral part of a supporters life as well as vocal support.....these lads come on here and give their opinion on Dolan and the players to other city fans....but I bet they would back the club ot the hilt if they were chatting to other clubs fans.....

There has been a response on here to alot of the criticism saying that it will get better and we must be patient and not expect to much I think this response is a bit naive and also over the top....I don't know one city fan who is actually content with where the team are at the moment or happy with the current state of affairs on the pitch...The criticism of both the players and the manager is based on results and it is obvious we have lost ground from last year and their has currently at this stage of the campaign no visible progress..in fact it looks like we have gone backwards...

All I want from the team and Dolan is to see that we are moving in the right direction but that is not what has happened currently....I hope things will improve and will support city whether they do or not but I think people are entitled to question the current position of the team on this forum (thats part of what the forum is about)....I don't agree with booing well not yet anyways.....

One issue that needs to be looked at is the players...i get a feeling that all isn't rosy with the manager and some of them are not playing for him but just going through the motions...now whether this is Dolans fault, style of management or the players just being p1ssed off I don't know but it needs to be sorted.

I am not happy with what is currently being dished up to us fans...as a patron who is paying money to the club the product currently is not good but I live in hope I am currently having serious reservations about Dolans ability to manage our club (on a football side of things).....I don't think this makes me any less of a fan ...(to be continued)

Echo Boy
28/04/2004, 12:41 PM
Couldnt agree with you more!

Éanna
28/04/2004, 5:51 PM
I don't think this makes me any less of a fan ...
no it doesnt. no-one has a problem with the kind of reasoned argument you're making and you're right, none of us are happy right now. the thing thats bugs me and others is the people who just fire insults off at dolan and the players as if its going to make things better

jofyisgod
28/04/2004, 6:39 PM
the thing thats bugs me and others is the people who just fire insults off at dolan and the players as if its going to make things better
Exactly. Needless and counter-productive. Do they do it to make themselves feel better?

razor
29/04/2004, 7:42 AM
Exactly. Needless and counter-productive. Do they do it to make themselves feel better?

Now I'm not in favour of needless abuse of Dolan and the players but going to a match and shouting your head off is a form of therapy.

I find some times although my throat may be hurting and my voice gone that I feel a lot calmer and more relaxed.

Éanna
29/04/2004, 2:05 PM
Now I'm not in favour of needless abuse of Dolan and the players but going to a match and shouting your head off is a form of therapy.

I find some times although my throat may be hurting and my voice gone that I feel a lot calmer and more relaxed.
I agree. But shout at the ref or the opposition!!!! thats what I do :D

NorthoftheLee
29/04/2004, 2:13 PM
I agree. But shout at the ref or the opposition!!!! thats what I do :D

no Éanna , you shout at everything! :D

Éanna
29/04/2004, 2:40 PM
no Éanna , you shout at everything! :D
true, but I'm not the one who can't speak for about 48 hours after every game :p

NorthoftheLee
29/04/2004, 2:48 PM
true, but I'm not the one who can't speak for about 48 hours after every game :p

:D damn those non performaning lozengers...