PDA

View Full Version : FAI Intermediate Cup 2010/2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

ball-hop
11/04/2011, 10:00 AM
I think both sides were stunned by the straight red, none more than Marky who now misses the final.

This is really really tough on Marky Sull - has been very influential for Avondale on the way to the final. Fair play to Avondale, great way to get to the final and after a tough run away from home along the way.
Well done!

Glenbuck
13/04/2011, 5:25 PM
Reading papers Monday night and again last night. Taken back by Damian O Connell and John Cotter view that Mark O Sullivan is the best player in the country at this level. I usually get to at least 2 games a weekend,most of which would include the top 4 or 5. I must be looking at a different Marky Sull. I have great time for him as a player but the best player in the country ???? Not so sure. ps. Great result in Dublin by Dale.

razor
14/04/2011, 7:46 AM
Reading papers Monday night and again last night. Taken back by Damian O Connell and John Cotter view that Mark O Sullivan is the best player in the country at this level. I usually get to at least 2 games a weekend,most of which would include the top 4 or 5. I must be looking at a different Marky Sull. I have great time for him as a player but the best player in the country ???? Not so sure. ps. Great result in Dublin by Dale.I could have sworn I saw a compliment in there somewhere :D
As for Marky Sull, an exceptional talent but we've been through all the best players in the MSL and its matter of pure opinion.

footiefanatic
14/04/2011, 11:38 AM
It's a shame marky sull won't be taking part in the final, has been probably avondale's most important player in the competition up-to-date. Absolutely fantastic result for avondale, and hopefully they can win the final and bring the intermediate cup back to Cork where it belongs :D

Glenbuck
14/04/2011, 4:29 PM
I could have sworn I saw a compliment in there somewhere :D
As for Marky Sull, an exceptional talent but we've been through all the best players in the MSL and its matter of pure opinion.Never slow to hand out the plaudits my friend.

Goggs
15/04/2011, 6:37 AM
Reading papers Monday night and again last night. Taken back by Damian O Connell and John Cotter view that Mark O Sullivan is the best player in the country at this level. I usually get to at least 2 games a weekend,most of which would include the top 4 or 5. I must be looking at a different Marky Sull. I have great time for him as a player but the best player in the country ???? Not so sure. ps. Great result in Dublin by Dale.
Now if they said the most inconsistant player in the country i'd agree.

villaman10
15/04/2011, 9:16 AM
Now if they said the most inconsistant player in the country i'd agree.

don't think mr.cotter actually believe's that to be true, sounds like they are just trying to put pressure on the referee to change his mind on the report of the incident, if that would be possible i don't know!! and they now have a ready excuse if they fail to win the final, which they will be overwhelming favourites to do on home soil!! cause as we all know avondale wouldn't have a hope without o' sullivan, how could you expect the likes of mulconroy and caulfied hartigan spratt to cope?? i think they shoudn't bother to even to turn up!!

Glenbuck
15/04/2011, 12:27 PM
don't think mr.cotter actually believe's that to be true, sounds like they are just trying to put pressure on the referee to change his mind on the report of the incident, if that would be possible i don't know!! and they now have a ready excuse if they fail to win the final, which they will be overwhelming favourites to do on home soil!! cause as we all know avondale wouldn't have a hope without o' sullivan, how could you expect the likes of mulconroy and caulfied hartigan spratt to cope?? i think they shoudn't bother to even to turn up!!
Total b.....it. Of course Dale have a chance without Marky. Absolute terrible post Villaman.

villaman10
15/04/2011, 1:10 PM
Total b.....it. Of course Dale have a chance without Marky. Absolute terrible post Villaman.

glenbuck my good friend, is your'e sarcasam detector turned off!!! i'll help you out my old friend, from ''cause we all know avondale wouldn't have a hope''...... to me mentioning four of the best players in the league..''mulconroy caulfield hartigan spratt'' not being able to cope!! that was jovial banter glenbuck!! were you by any chance on night shift last night?? very slow off the MARK!! ( excuse the pun)

Glenbuck
15/04/2011, 4:52 PM
glenbuck my good friend, is your'e sarcasam detector turned off!!! i'll help you out my old friend, from ''cause we all know avondale wouldn't have a hope''...... to me mentioning four of the best players in the league..''mulconroy caulfield hartigan spratt'' not being able to cope!! that was jovial banter glenbuck!! were you by any chance on night shift last night?? very slow off the MARK!! ( excuse the pun)Had a good nights sleep thank you. I am just taken back by your humour. Totally out of character. ha ha.

Glenbuck
15/04/2011, 5:29 PM
Just heard a strong rumour that Dan Deady is doing intermediate cup final ?

Glenbuck
16/04/2011, 12:02 AM
Thomas "The Accountant" Long and Larry Buckley running the lines.You heard it first....

Pundit
19/04/2011, 5:28 PM
Sparky how can u look past everton and the dale for the league.. 2horse race i dont think so.. 5games to go. do u still think its just between d.hall and mount
Avondale had a great result but still a long long way from winning it. Crumlin are going for 3 in a row (I think) and easily disposed of Midleton so would not say Avondale will be even favourites here. Also, with belgrove easily knocking out D.Hall it would be hard to see beyond them too (if they get passed cherry orchard). As for the league I think it will be a two horse race between D.Hall and Rockmount and I think it will go down to last few games. D.Hall have the PERFECT fixture next with Tramore just to steady the ship, it would have been interesting if they had a trickier tie. Douglas Hall will probably win it still as they have showed how good they are and I know that they are very confident up there. The league top and bottom is heating up nicely. I know a few were not admirers of J.Caulfield but winning the Collingwood was a great achievement for him and if they stay up will be a good job done, should he bring UCC down though would have to be considered a miserable season. Tramore are gone for me but who goes with them will be very interesting.............the students might have to put away the books for a while and get ready for a battle with Mayfield & Marys.

Sparky
20/04/2011, 11:33 AM
Sparky how can u look past everton and the dale for the league.. 2horse race i dont think so.. 5games to go. do u still think its just between d.hall and mount

Because I dont think Everton are good enough yet nor have the experience and because I think Avondale have their eyes on the Inter Cup. I posted my post on 8th March so alot has changed since then obviously. I am not saying that Everton or Avondale won't win it but I am saying I THINK its between the Hall and Rockmount. I may be proved wrong but who knows! I have said who I think will win it, who do you think Pundit? No beating around the bush now ..............just pick a team!

Pundit
21/04/2011, 9:21 PM
Because I dont think Everton are good enough yet nor have the experience and because I think Avondale have their eyes on the Inter Cup. I posted my post on 8th March so alot has changed since then obviously. I am not saying that Everton or Avondale won't win it but I am saying I THINK its between the Hall and Rockmount. I may be proved wrong but who knows! I have said who I think will win it, who do you think Pundit? No beating around the bush now ..............just pick a team!

I think avondale will win it.. avondale had a great result tonight against everton,,marky sull hat trick..puts pressure back on the hall now.. could da dale do the double.. will be very difficult tho to even win 1...

razor
22/04/2011, 12:39 PM
On Sunday, May 8, the FAI Umbro Intermediate Cup Final will take place at Turner’s Cross between Avondale United and either Sacred Heart or Cherry Orchard at 3pm. Admission will be €10 for adults and €5 for schoolchildren/OAP’s and a special offer of 16 children tickets + 4 adult tickets for €50. A feature of the day will be the presence of the Europa League Trophy, which was handed over to the Lord Mayor of Dublin by UEFA President Michel Platini on April 19. This will be the only visit of the distinctive trophy to Cork prior to the UEFA Europa League Final in Dublin on May 18. There will be an opportunity for those visiting Turner’s Cross on May 8 to see the trophy and take pictures.a nice touch I think.

razor
22/04/2011, 9:06 PM
Sacred Heart 1-2 Cherry Orchard tonight
Avondale versus Cherry Orchard in the final

ringmahon4ever
23/04/2011, 10:08 AM
Thomas "The Accountant" Long and Larry Buckley running the lines.You heard it first....

was thomas long not an avondale player before.didnt think this would happen

Pundit
24/04/2011, 9:34 PM
was thomas long not an avondale player before.didnt think this would happen
wat has that got to do with thomas long doing the line in the final ringmahon.., if that was the case thomas long wud not be left ref a match involving marys or avondale in the league as he played for both teams.. he is not gonna favour avondale because he played with them..he s on the line on his own merit and has been a good ref,,

mayfield utd
24/04/2011, 11:14 PM
wat has that got to do with thomas long doing the line in the final ringmahon.., if that was the case thomas long wud not be left ref a match involving marys or avondale in the league as he played for both teams.. he is not gonna favour avondale because he played with them..he s on the line on his own merit and has been a good ref,,
he also played with rockmount,i've seen him ref games against his former clubs and i found he didn't favour his old club,to be honest i think his one of the better refs in the msl

Glenbuck
25/04/2011, 12:25 AM
he also played with rockmount,i've seen him ref games against his former clubs and i found he didn't favour his old club,to be honest i think his one of the better refs in the mslGreat man to balance the books in a game, hence the name "The Accountant".

Glenbuck
25/04/2011, 12:27 AM
It seems past performances have decided the officials for this one. Decisions in Youghal in earlier rounds have come back to haunt a number of guys who were primed for this game.

Pundit
25/04/2011, 11:06 AM
It seems past performances have decided the officials for this one. Decisions in Youghal in earlier rounds have come back to haunt a number of guys who were primed for this game.

Dead right glenbuck on past performances. long is one of the better refs out there... interesting comment bout the earlier rounds down in youghal.. im not aware of this..cud u elaborate or wud ppl get into trouble on the forum certain rrefs were mentioned

Glenbuck
26/04/2011, 9:15 AM
Dead right glenbuck on past performances. long is one of the better refs out there... interesting comment bout the earlier rounds down in youghal.. im not aware of this..cud u elaborate or wud ppl get into trouble on the forum certain rrefs were mentionedThought it was common knowledge. Officials for one of Youghals earlier rounds got slated by an assessor for not red carding the visiting keeper for hand ball. Debate whether it stopped a goal scoring oppurtunity. Lino and ref were reading from the same hymn sheet and were in agreement. Unfortunately for them the assessor (only recently retired ) thought differently. Seems it may have cost them the final.

Sparky
07/05/2011, 4:06 PM
We are getting worst than the English Premiership regarding talking about referees. Who cares about the man in the middle. Lets concentrate on the two teams involved from now on. GOOD LUCK TO AVONDALE TOMORROW. Bring it home to Cork lads.

greengrass
07/05/2011, 4:17 PM
best of luck to avondale
im confident that ye can do it

ball-hop
07/05/2011, 10:10 PM
Best wishes to Avondale in the Final tomorrow.

maninthemiddle
08/05/2011, 6:16 AM
Best of luck to Avondale and my fellow colleagues in the middle.

Clifford
08/05/2011, 4:14 PM
Any score yet?

ball-hop
08/05/2011, 5:15 PM
I heard Avondale won 1-0 after Extra Time

Glenbuck
08/05/2011, 5:31 PM
Dale won 1 nil. Terrible game but that wont worry them. Fair play.

greengrass
08/05/2011, 5:41 PM
good stuff
well done to avondale

Glenbuck
08/05/2011, 5:44 PM
Best of luck to Avondale and my fellow colleagues in the middle.
Lads done well. Nothing much to do.

maninthemiddle
08/05/2011, 6:18 PM
Lads done well. Nothing much to do.

Good. The game should never have anything to do with refs. Delighted for Avondale. congratulations.

razor
08/05/2011, 7:45 PM
Awful game is right, both team looked very nervous, the wind didn't help.
One moment of brilliance from Colin O'Brien at the start of extra time won it.
Officials did well, one yellow each in 120 minutes.
3 Intermediate titles in 6 years is some going.
Time now to push on for the league.

Clifford
08/05/2011, 9:46 PM
So good you said it twice Razor!

Well done Dale, superb achievement again.

Glenbuck
08/05/2011, 11:23 PM
Orchard were worst team I have seen to come out of Dublin in years. Am I on my own on this ??

razor
09/05/2011, 7:49 AM
Orchard were worst team I have seen to come out of Dublin in years. Am I on my own on this ??They certainly weren't as good as the Crumlin side Dale disposed of in the semis although I saw them against Cobh in the Senior Cup and they looked a better side than yesterday.
Losing their captain early on didn't help them either.

Glenbuck
09/05/2011, 11:51 AM
They certainly weren't as good as the Crumlin side Dale disposed of in the semis although I saw them against Cobh in the Senior Cup and they looked a better side than yesterday.
Losing their captain early on didn't help them either.The guy who came in had a great game.

razor
09/05/2011, 8:51 PM
The guy who came in had a great game.He did but they were like a rudderless ship after that.

Pundit
10/05/2011, 6:17 PM
What game were you at Razor????? Ye bossed the 1st 25 minutes but after that we did ok and our goal was the result of a good move and didnt involve a deflection!!! Dave seemed to get his angles wrong and our winger found him wanting, to be fair ye did deserve a draw but from our point of view it was a killer it came so late.
Who evers go through wont go any further fact!!!

Avondale intermediate cup champs. Nows thats a FACT collcorr

razor
11/05/2011, 9:19 AM
Avondale intermediate cup champs. Nows thats a FACT collcorrDon't be expecting a reply anytime soon, he's only half way through his months suspension.

Pundit
11/05/2011, 8:39 PM
Avondale intermediate cup champs. Nows thats a FACT collcorr
wat did he get a suspension for razor

razor
12/05/2011, 7:46 AM
wat did he get a suspension for razorMultiple Accounts