PDA

View Full Version : FAI Intermediate Cup 2010/2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Nedge
02/03/2011, 7:35 PM
Not jealousy, just realistic. I would love the Cork sides to progress but it simply wont happen

wesleyBHFC
02/03/2011, 10:44 PM
sounds like a bit of jealously!! lets hope all ''3 CORK CLUBS'' go through!!
on a serious note NEDGE, i do feel it is a bit of jealosy on your behalf!! for a person who coments on the senior league forum and Senuior league predictions, a bit of support for the cork would be grateful!!! i would love top see a cork team goin further and winning the cup!!

razor
03/03/2011, 7:43 AM
All Cork teams have very difficult games this weekend and they are in my opinion very hard to call.
If Nedge thinks they'll all go under then that's his entitlement. He might be right. :D

offside rule
03/03/2011, 9:09 AM
What price on 3 draws ??

@ 33/1 for the 3draws Glenbuck!!!

Goggs
03/03/2011, 1:49 PM
Hey Glenbuck any truth in the rumour that the Rockmount players were unhappy with billy cronins first 11 he put out against Crumblin and their was dissent in the ranks and theres 2 or 3 after packing up.

footiefanatic
03/03/2011, 2:16 PM
Last night I turned up at a friendly in Ardrath Park to see how the lads were doing against the Red House League XI.Before the game started I was informed that our influential midfielder Paul Moylan is out of the Sacred Heart game :(. Well they say bad luck comes in 3's.After 35mins,our keeper Dave Kearns claims a ball rolling through to him and the RHL XI big number 9 makes a crazy lunge for a ball he was never getting.Tempers flared at such a ridiculous challenge in a friendly and once the handbags were put away,we were left with the sight of Kearnsy still on the ground.Disaster!! Kearnsy had to leave the game and lets just say the number 2 is,well,bad.

Terrible news to hear Youghal, gonna have to change my bet for the weekend so!!
Should be wrapping yerselves up in cotton wool before such a big game, shouldnt even take such risks as playing meaningless friendlies, which obviously could, and has, led to injuries before such a big game.
But I suppose hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Glenbuck
03/03/2011, 3:09 PM
Well ahead of our game this weekend I see we are 5/2 thanks to footie fanatic and let me tell you all stay well away.Last night I turned up at a friendly in Ardrath Park to see how the lads were doing against the Red House League XI.Before the game started I was informed that our influential midfielder Paul Moylan is out of the Sacred Heart game :(. Well they say bad luck comes in 3's.After 35mins,our keeper Dave Kearns claims a ball rolling through to him and the RHL XI big number 9 makes a crazy lunge for a ball he was never getting.Tempers flared at such a ridiculous challenge in a friendly and once the handbags were put away,we were left with the sight of Kearnsy still on the ground.Disaster!! Kearnsy had to leave the game and lets just say the number 2 is,well,bad.The game ended 4-3 in Youghals favour but it would easily have been 4-0 had Kearnsy been on.The reserve conceded 3 soft goals.Later on last night I text one of the players to find out the condition of Kearnsy and he revealed that the players are at loggerheads with the club and if the match was to be staged tonight they would not be taking to the field :eek:.He went on to say with it being such a big match he thinks both parties will get something sorted before Sunday but hardly ideal preparition I'm sure you will agree.Oh and while in town today I seen Kearnsy's girlfriend park up outside physio and out he came hobbling like an 80year old after a joint replacement :excruciating: . He was too far away for me to talk to him but going by his walk,he will be watching from the sidelines Sunday.As they say,when it rains,it pours Go on so. Tell us the one about the 3 bears.

Glenbuck
03/03/2011, 3:12 PM
Not that I have heard. Will check with my source nearer the inner circle but looking at the starting 11 I dont think he could have done any more.

youghal
03/03/2011, 5:12 PM
hint of sarcasm there Glenbuck? My story is true.Moylan is definitely out and the players and club committee are far from getting on.The keeper situation is more murky.I am trying to find out if Kearns is out for definite.I'm hearing conflicting stories,neither story from a player,but he looked bad coming off and the day after heading to physio but fingers crossed.

Footie fanatic,I guess the friendly was superstition.They played them in friendlies before each round and they have got this far so maybe that was their thinking.Its the only reason I can come up with for a silly game which could prove costly

villaman10
03/03/2011, 11:08 PM
Where was kinger no sign even on the bench?

Glenbuck
04/03/2011, 1:24 PM
hint of sarcasm there Glenbuck? My story is true.Moylan is definitely out and the players and club committee are far from getting on.The keeper situation is more murky.I am trying to find out if Kearns is out for definite.I'm hearing conflicting stories,neither story from a player,but he looked bad coming off and the day after heading to physio but fingers crossed.

Footie fanatic,I guess the friendly was superstition.They played them in friendlies before each round and they have got this far so maybe that was their thinking.Its the only reason I can come up with for a silly game which could prove costly
You are mixing up Sarcasm and Banter. Unfortunate set of circumstances. Best of luck on Sunday.

Glenbuck
04/03/2011, 1:26 PM
Where was kinger no sign even on the bench?
If the truth be known he was away for the weekend in Dublin. Booked before the original game was cancelled. Unfortunate but true. Nothing else in it.

villaman10
04/03/2011, 1:57 PM
]If the truth be known he was away for the weekend in Dublin. Booked before the original game was cancelled. Unfortunate but true. Nothing else in it.

bloody usher!!!

Glenbuck
04/03/2011, 5:20 PM
]If the truth be known he was away for the weekend in Dublin. Booked before the original game was cancelled. Unfortunate but true. Nothing else in it.

bloody usher!!! Ah so you knew. ha ha

Billynomates
06/03/2011, 12:18 PM
Avondale 2 up on bluebell. Colin o brien and mark sull

Glenbuck
06/03/2011, 1:18 PM
Avondale 2 up on bluebell. Colin o brien and mark sull
Outstanding. Any more updates.

razor
06/03/2011, 1:32 PM
Bluebell 0-2 Avondale ft

Glenbuck
06/03/2011, 1:54 PM
Bluebell 0-2 Avondale ftYoughal 0 all. Half time

Glenbuck
06/03/2011, 2:20 PM
Youghal 0 all. Half time
Midleton 2 down. Youghal 1 up.

Billynomates
06/03/2011, 4:22 PM
Youghal drew 1-1. Midleton lost 3-1

Billynomates
06/03/2011, 6:51 PM
Cherry Orchard 1 (G Curran), Belgrove 1 (P Ryan)

villaman10
06/03/2011, 11:04 PM
Midleton were going ok for the first twenty then gave away 2 goals in 5 the space of 5mins and then had a player sent off for 2 yellows so it was a uphill struggle from there. Fair play to avondale and youghal good results there lets hope they can finish off the job in the replay

ball-hop
07/03/2011, 2:20 PM
Great result for Avondale - fair play to them - never an easy task to travel to Dublin and return with a win. Youghal also deserve great credit and Midleton were always going to be up against it v. Crumlin. Great to see the Cork flag still flying in the Int. Cup

villaman10
07/03/2011, 3:03 PM
well done to avondale fantastic result, looks like my earlier prediction for them to win the cup is still on track,come on the dale!! as for youghal outstanding, hopefully they will get a good crowd next sunday for replay and a result, midleton met a team far superior on the day, crumlin were by far the better team and bossed it through out! sending off really had nothing to do with the result but i have to question the referee decision for both yellow cards, first one 5 mins gone,he books the player for tapping the ball to crumlins left back, 15mins later books him for a shirt pull in crumlin half of pitch!! i was watching the match from behind the crumlin dugout and they were in as much shock as anyone, ruined the game from the spectators point of you!! comical near the end when crumlin player got booked for following through with his shot after a late offside!! how much have the msl racked up in fines for those yellow cards, times must be tough!!! must say though was impressed with midleton's fighting spirit came out second half with heads up and gave it a right go, could of easily dropped and used the excuse of bad ref's decisions and lost by more! oh.. the comment the ref made for the second yellow( i have to, i'm being accessed) if that was the case most games would end up 7vs 7!!

razor
07/03/2011, 5:13 PM
Avondale drawn away to Crumlin in the semi final

Billynomates
07/03/2011, 5:37 PM

When is that due to be played? What about youghal?

razor
07/03/2011, 5:48 PM
Belgrove/Cherry Orchard v Youghal/Sacred Heart is other one, April 10th

Glenbuck
07/03/2011, 8:13 PM
Would have made a great final

razor
07/03/2011, 9:24 PM
Would have made a great final2 away draws will be tough but the way Avondale played on Sunday they'll fear no one and want revenge for last year. If Avondale win their semi then the final will be in Cork.

footiefanatic
08/03/2011, 2:54 PM
Think Avondale have proved themselves the wounded beast in The intermediate cup this year. Much was talked about their anticipated demise after Caulfield left, but they have shown once again they are still on of the top amateur teams in Ireland.
I think they will get a gud result in Crimlin and fancy them to win it outright. Would love a belgrove/Avondale final in Cork, Belgrove obviously a strong team after their destruction of Douglas hall!

Sparky
08/03/2011, 4:21 PM
Avondale had a great result but still a long long way from winning it. Crumlin are going for 3 in a row (I think) and easily disposed of Midleton so would not say Avondale will be even favourites here. Also, with belgrove easily knocking out D.Hall it would be hard to see beyond them too (if they get passed cherry orchard). As for the league I think it will be a two horse race between D.Hall and Rockmount and I think it will go down to last few games. D.Hall have the PERFECT fixture next with Tramore just to steady the ship, it would have been interesting if they had a trickier tie. Douglas Hall will probably win it still as they have showed how good they are and I know that they are very confident up there. The league top and bottom is heating up nicely. I know a few were not admirers of J.Caulfield but winning the Collingwood was a great achievement for him and if they stay up will be a good job done, should he bring UCC down though would have to be considered a miserable season. Tramore are gone for me but who goes with them will be very interesting.............the students might have to put away the books for a while and get ready for a battle with Mayfield & Marys.

magpie
09/03/2011, 7:17 PM
crumlin to win intermediate cup , they are top draw side. Will take a very good team to beat them.

Sparky
10/03/2011, 7:56 AM
crumlin to win intermediate cup , they are top draw side. Will take a very good team to beat them.

Maybe they haven't played a very good side yet!!!!!! (joking, relax).

razor
13/03/2011, 4:13 PM
Youghal 1-2 Sacred Heart

Also heard that Cherry Orchard beat Belgrove in the other game.

Semi Finals
Crumlin Utd v Avondale Utd
Cherry Orchard v Sacred Heart

heard a rumour Crumlin are having issues with their pitch and are contemplating moving their semi to Richmond Park.

Sparky
04/04/2011, 3:34 PM
BEST OF LUCK to Avondale on Sunday. Heard over the weekend that Avondale were drawn away from home in every round of the cup (obviously except replay to College Corinthians) - must be a good luck thing at this stage!!! Heard from Midleton that Crumlin should win comfortably, best team in Ireland. Avondale on their day can mix it with anyone I think. They are very physical this year too. It would be an unbelievable feat if they won it outright without any home draw!

footiefanatic
05/04/2011, 9:38 AM
BEST OF LUCK to Avondale on Sunday. Heard over the weekend that Avondale were drawn away from home in every round of the cup (obviously except replay to College Corinthians) - must be a good luck thing at this stage!!! Heard from Midleton that Crumlin should win comfortably, best team in Ireland. Avondale on their day can mix it with anyone I think. They are very physical this year too. It would be an unbelievable feat if they won it outright without any home draw!

Would also like to give the best of luck to Avondale. The stat about being drawn away in every round is unreal, fantastic achievement if they were to continue this away form and beat crumlin on their own patch. Great team and hope they can do Cork proud up in Dublin!!!!

greengrass
07/04/2011, 2:57 PM
good luck to avondale at the weekend
here the finals in cork if they win so they might finally get that 'home' draw

razor
07/04/2011, 3:01 PM
i'll be more than likely going up to this one lads.
So if anyone genuinely wants updates then PM me your mobile number.

AvondaleNutter
08/04/2011, 9:26 AM
Best of Luck to Avondale on Sunday.

Ill do my best to update this forum with any updates throughout the game.

ball-hop
09/04/2011, 11:06 AM
All the best to Avondale on Sunday.

Keep the Cork flag flying!!

AvondaleNutter
10/04/2011, 12:31 PM
avondale one up, og

AvondaleNutter
10/04/2011, 12:48 PM
two nil, marky sull

KUFCMan
10/04/2011, 1:07 PM
Well did the game start early Avondale or what,I thought it was a 2pm start and was going to go over for 2nd half.

KUFCMan
10/04/2011, 1:35 PM
RESULT

Cherry Orchard 1-1 Sacred Heart

AvondaleNutter
10/04/2011, 1:52 PM
marky sull sent off

KUFCMan
10/04/2011, 3:15 PM
RESULT

Crumlin 1-2 Avondale

BalagueFC
10/04/2011, 4:49 PM
Outstanding result. Does anyone who was at the game have a report?

ball-hop
10/04/2011, 5:07 PM
Great win for Avondale. Congratulations to all concerned

razor
10/04/2011, 6:58 PM
Avondale started well and were well worth their lead on 25 minutes, ball into the box and was pinging about before Marky Sull put it in.
Dale broke a few minutes later with the ball again falling to Marky Sull but he waited too long and allowed the keeper close him down.
Just on the stroke of half time a lovely through ball to Karl Caulfield, he just got a toe before the keeper took him out, penalty, Marky Sull despatched it.

Dale weathered the Crumlin storm well in the second half and were dare I say comfortable going into the final stages, then a long ball out of defence, Marky Sull jumped with the centre half, who went down and while he did catch him, it wasn't intentional.
I think both sides were stunned by the straight red, none more than Marky who now misses the final.

Bar the sending off there were no real stoppages in the game but the local ref proceeded to add 8 minutes on at the end, it was like he was waiting for Crumlin to score, which they did after about 6 of these. I was sure he'd blow at the kick off but he gave them one more chance but thankfully it came to nothing.
Great win soured by the loss of Marky Sull for the final at Turners Cross on May 8th.

ringmahon4ever
10/04/2011, 10:21 PM
we played against them few years ago up there aswell.had a local ref.absolutly shocking he was.done everything he could to r**e us :)..thats wat happenes when you up to dublin when a cork team..saying that though the cork refs dont do much for local teams down here in national cup games.was that ref wearing fergies watch :clock: