PDA

View Full Version : FAI Intermediate Cup 2010/2011

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Carpet
29/01/2011, 11:26 PM
I was at the Cork City - Cobh Ramblers game. (I can't be everywhere) :D
The ball was deflected, ever so slightly, it must have been a sickener to concede so late though.

its great to write on the forum about a game you weren't even at and only heard about second hand, top class stuff outta razor as usual. good call collcorforever so we have gone from 2 shots and a lucky deflected goal to a slight deflection i can see a touch of a politician in razor.maybe a match report on the game you were at would of been better

villaman10
30/01/2011, 1:35 AM
is razor a secret avondale man!!

villaman10
30/01/2011, 4:01 PM
Midleton 5 bangor 1

Southsider
30/01/2011, 4:06 PM
Everton 1-2 Sacred Heart. Everton will be kickin themselves after this result. Totally bossed the first half went a goal up from a long range strike from Shane O Leary. Chris Byrne was booked for a wreakless tackle very early in the 1st half and could count himself lucky to be still on the pitch. Another late tackle early 2nd half got Byrne his 2nd yellow. Still didnt look troubled by the Dubs til the last 15mins. Big no.9 got the equiliser for Sacred he took the goal very well. Everton missed a sitter a free header from 7 yards straight at the keeper. 3 mins left Everton didnt defend a corner very well ball was clipped back in and a 50/50 ball between Sherlock in the Everton goal and Dubs Centre half was won by the no.4 and tapped into an empty net. Everton were screaming for a free out but not much in it really. No more chances after that so finished 2-1. Danny Long was far and away the best player on the pitch causing problems all day.

Cici900
30/01/2011, 4:41 PM
Belgrove 1 Hall 1

Replay back at Moneygourney :D

razor
30/01/2011, 4:43 PM
its great to write on the forum about a game you weren't even at and only heard about second hand, top class stuff outta razor as usual. good call collcorforever so we have gone from 2 shots and a lucky deflected goal to a slight deflection It all depends on your sources Carpet and mine are impeccible. a deflection slight or not is still a deflection and the 2 shots on goal stands.

is razor a secret avondale man!!I'm Cork City, villaman thats why I was at the City game.

Crumlin Utd 1-1 Rockmount

Sparky
30/01/2011, 7:32 PM
What game were you at Razor????? Ye bossed the 1st 25 minutes but after that we did ok and our goal was the result of a good move and didnt involve a deflection!!! Dave seemed to get his angles wrong and our winger found him wanting, to be fair ye did deserve a draw but from our point of view it was a killer it came so late.
Who evers go through wont go any further fact!!![/QUOTE]

I was at the game and I thought Razor's report was a true reflection of the game. Avondale dominated with about 12-2 in chances on goal. I will admit that College.C.defended very well and their keeper had a very good game. I am neutrel and I must say it was a decent game. Lots of tackles and good passages of play. I would not write off any of the teams going further. Two good teams but Avondale have the more quality. The goal did take a slight deflection 100% but I think Dave O'Keeffe got his angles badly wrong too. If you dont believe me one of the officials admitted that Avondale deserved a WIN.

ball-hop
31/01/2011, 8:39 AM
With yesterday's results, there will be a massive Intermediate Cup weekend in a fortnight. The three replays will all be really attractive fixtures - good results in Dublin for Rockmount and the 'Hall.
Fair play to Midleton - great result for them; Everton surprisingly beaten. There is a decent chance (now) that half the teams in the quarter finals will be from Cork.

Sparky
31/01/2011, 10:19 AM
Great to see Cork teams doing well in intermediate cup. Some mouth watering league fixtures this weekend! Will be tough getting predictions correct this week!

Billynomates
31/01/2011, 11:21 AM
Hall had wilky sent off too early on and podge saved a peno. Belgrove took the lead in the second half but then hall scored to equalise

villaman10
31/01/2011, 12:15 PM
has to be said a good weekend for cork clubs, apart from everton! all still in with a shout, rockmount and douglas got 2 draws from tough opposition, have to be fancied to win on home ground!! went to midleton yesterday, how it was 5-1 i'll never know bangor were all over them! midleton looked really nervous for first 30 mins, could, should of been 2 down!! got a penalty when bangor clearly handled the ball on the line, ref gave a corner, but linesman saw what had happened and brought it to ref's attention, player should of been sent of but the linesman could not tell which player had handled the ball, strange!! bangor still better team but midleton some how got 2 more goals before half time, 3-0 at the break!! bangor scored right after half time to make things interesting, and had numerous one on chances but didnt take them, midleton got 2 more goals on the break!! from 6 attacks they got 5 goals!!

Goggs
31/01/2011, 5:01 PM
I went to the Midleton game as well in front of a 300 plus crowd great atmosphere.Midleton were very nervous starting off but settled well after 25 min Bangor had all the possession but midleton looked very dangerous on the break.They had 3 chances in the first half and took them well that was the difference Bangor looked very pretty on the ball but wasted chances.Bangor got an early goal in the second half but Midleton defended well and caught Bangor on the break twice.Fair play to Hall and Rockmount who must fancy their chances of advancing.

BalagueFC
31/01/2011, 5:10 PM
I was at the Avondale game too and being a bias Dale man :-), I would have to agree with Razor on this one. Cors only had 2 attempts at goal in the whole game and although they defended well they did not do enough to win it. I can't see Dale not progressing to the next round. It is not exactly a corinthians team of old

collcorforever
31/01/2011, 6:56 PM
I was at the Cork City - Cobh Ramblers game. (I can't be everywhere) :D
The ball was deflected, ever so slightly, it must have been a sickener to concede so late though.

Ya sickener, but at the same time Avondale would have been sick if they had not equalised!!! Looking forward to the replay in 2 weeks time you might make it to this game haha.

Oh and there was no deflection!!! you must be friends with their keeper seeing as your backing him on this one:p

razor
01/02/2011, 2:34 PM
Quarter Final Draw

Bluebell Utd v Avondale Utd / College Corinthians
Cherry Orchard v Douglas Hall / Belgrove
Sacred Heart FC v Greystones AFC / Youghal Utd
Midleton FC v Rockmount / Crumlin Utd

Ties to be played week ending March 6th 2011

Shilts
01/02/2011, 4:13 PM
I only saw the 2nd half of the College Corinthians v Avondale game last sat.
Avondale deserved their draw but were lucky to get it in the end.

No one on here mentioned the most significant moment.
At 1-0 to Corinthians, the ball was running out for a throw in the Avondale left back position - Micheal Kiernan dummied to let it out and then attempted to play a back pass to the Dale Keeper BEFORE the ball crossed the touchline for a throw.
He made a mess of the pass, giving it straight to the Corinthians striker who now had a 1 on 1 chance with the Dale keeper.
The assistant referee then put up his flag for a throw to Avondale.

When Kiernan played the ball there was grass between the ball and the touchline.
No way was it out of play.
I was positioned at the corner flag looking up the touchline at the incident, about 10m away.
Only the lino bought Kiernans dummy.
This unbelievably poor decision kept the score at 1-0 and allowed Avondale to stay in the game.
They equalised about 3 minutes later.
:ball:

Sparky
01/02/2011, 4:55 PM
I only saw the 2nd half of the College Corinthians v Avondale game last sat.
Avondale deserved their draw but were lucky to get it in the end.

No one on here mentioned the most significant moment.
At 1-0 to Corinthians, the ball was running out for a throw in the Avondale left back position - Micheal Kiernan dummied to let it out and then attempted to play a back pass to the Dale Keeper BEFORE the ball crossed the touchline for a throw.
He made a mess of the pass, giving it straight to the Corinthians striker who now had a 1 on 1 chance with the Dale keeper.
The assistant referee then put up his flag for a throw to Avondale.

When Kiernan played the ball there was grass between the ball and the touchline.
No way was it out of play.
I was positioned at the corner flag looking up the touchline at the incident, about 10m away.
Only the lino bought Kiernans dummy.
This unbelievably poor decision kept the score at 1-0 and allowed Avondale to stay in the game.
They equalised about 3 minutes later.
:ball:

Very true comment as I saw the same thing. Out of jail for Michael Kiernan and Avondale!!!! Terrible decision from poor official.

collcorforever
04/02/2011, 8:14 PM
Very true comment as I saw the same thing. Out of jail for Michael Kiernan and Avondale!!!! Terrible decision from poor official.

It was an awful decision abd to make it worse it was the 3rd similar call he got wrong, I reckon he just likes been controversial!!!!
awful ref and an even worse linesman:mad:

Glenbuck
07/02/2011, 4:27 PM
Out of country for last few weeks. Never got to Dublin for Mount game. Trusted observer told me that Mount were full value for the draw. Amazing to say but it seems Ray Leahy showed a bit of inexperience (37 yrs old ) leading to a red card. They reacted well to going 1 down and got their rewards. Replay in Whitechurch Sunday afternoon.

Glenbuck
10/02/2011, 6:11 PM
Rockmount v Crumlin off. Death in Crumlin club. Put back by a week.

KUFCMan
11/02/2011, 2:21 PM
When is Avondale V College replay on?

razor
11/02/2011, 2:42 PM
When is Avondale V College replay on?This Sunday morning.

the hawk
12/02/2011, 11:45 AM
avondale vs college cors kicking off at 10.45 and hall vs belgrove at 2 so nice bit of football to keep us entertained

Glenbuck
12/02/2011, 3:14 PM
Rockmount v Crumlin now on Feb 27th

Sparky
12/02/2011, 4:07 PM
Rockmount pull a fast one? Heard they wanted it off since last week?

Reznik
12/02/2011, 4:43 PM

Didnt someone die belonging to crumlins club?:confused:

villaman10
12/02/2011, 6:05 PM
best of luck to cork sides tomorrow!! be great to see youghal get a result, would show msl is in good condition if a team from 2nd division got through to 1/4 finals!!

Glenbuck
12/02/2011, 6:23 PM
Can you stand over that Sparky. Sit back for 30 seconds and I will enlighten you. Mount never wanted game off. Crumlins manager Mother died (RIP) so game was put off til next week. Mount have 2 players involved in Amatuer trial game next week so now game is off til week after. Is that ok my friend.

Glenbuck
12/02/2011, 6:23 PM
Didnt someone die belonging to crumlins club?:confused:
Their managers Mother (RIP)

razor
13/02/2011, 11:53 AM
Avondale Utd 1-0 College Corinthians
Dale had Mulconry sent off after 10 minutes.
Spratty got the winner with about 20 left.

Sparky
13/02/2011, 1:42 PM
Can you stand over that Sparky. Sit back for 30 seconds and I will enlighten you. Mount never wanted game off. Crumlins manager Mother died (RIP) so game was put off til next week. Mount have 2 players involved in Amatuer trial game next week so now game is off til week after. Is that ok my friend.

Sympathy is with Crumlin Manager and his family. What I heard is that Rockmount did not want the game to go ahead this week. As it happens it has turned out that way but I do not know the reasons why they wanted it off.

Glenbuck
13/02/2011, 3:06 PM
Sympathy is with Crumlin Manager and his family. What I heard is that Rockmount did not want the game to go ahead this week. As it happens it has turned out that way but I do not know the reasons why they wanted it off.
Mount had no problem with game going ahead this week. Thats gospel. It was Crumlin who wanted a change of date. Same weekend but not on the Sunday. Looking fwd to 27th now.

Glenbuck
13/02/2011, 3:27 PM
Youghal 3 nil winners in Greystones

villaman10
13/02/2011, 3:42 PM
douglas 0 blubell 3

Glenbuck
13/02/2011, 3:49 PM
douglas 0 blubell 3
Belgrove maybe ???

villaman10
13/02/2011, 4:31 PM
Ya sorry meant Belgrove. Even game both sides looking very strong good game of football Hall missed penalty in first half and hit the cross bar from 30 yard volley early in the second Belgrove very organised defended well and took there chances

ball-hop
13/02/2011, 4:49 PM
Belgrove the better team on the day. Restricted the 'Hall very well - never let anyone settle on the ball. Very strong defensively, two centre backs who dominated right from the start.
1-0 at the break, Hall missing a penalty after going behind. Great attempt hit the bar/post, rebounding to safety. Very good attack from Belgrove, 2nd headed goal. All over bar the shouting. They scored a 3rd very quickly.
Ah well!! back to domestic business now.
It will take a very decent side to overcome Belgrove.

ringmahon4ever
13/02/2011, 5:30 PM
Youghal 3 nil winners in Greystones

congrats to youghal..great to see one of the lower fancied team progress.they beat us in first round,.hopefully they will get a home draw

Glenbuck
13/02/2011, 5:48 PM
Belgrove the better team on the day. Restricted the 'Hall very well - never let anyone settle on the ball. Very strong defensively, two centre backs who dominated right from the start.
1-0 at the break, Hall missing a penalty after going behind. Great attempt hit the bar/post, rebounding to safety. Very good attack from Belgrove, 2nd headed goal. All over bar the shouting. They scored a 3rd very quickly.
Ah well!! back to domestic business now.
It will take a very decent side to overcome Belgrove.
Surprising result after the effort in Dublin. Expected alot more from Hall.

Glenbuck
13/02/2011, 5:51 PM
congrats to youghal..great to see one of the lower fancied team progress.they beat us in first round,.hopefully they will get a home drawAway to Sacred Heart. They beat Everton in last round.

Sparky
13/02/2011, 6:52 PM
If any of us heard that the Hall and Youghal were playing intermediate cup last 16 games today and one of them lost 3-0 and the other one won 3-0 I think we would all be forgiven for making the mistake of saying that Youghal must have lost. WELL DONE YOUGHAL but comiserations to the Hall. I dont believe they are 3 goals worse than anyone in this country but you need luck in the Intermediate cup and most of all you need to take chances when you get them (penalty). The Hall have Avondale on Thurs which should be interesting. Youghal, Rockmount, Midleton and Avondale left...................bring it home one of ye!

Goggs
13/02/2011, 8:00 PM
I went to Avondale and Corithians today I was very dissapointed with Corithians their fittness levels were atrocious against a very ordinary Avondale outfit.

Goggs
13/02/2011, 8:39 PM
All my predictions are going out the window this Hall team were my dream MSL team and after over 10 years watching the MSL I deserved too watch a team like this,I told anyone who would listen go watch Hall this season they will clean up alas my dreams were shattered I kept telling myself that Rockmount was just a blip that they would bounce back but no no the Hall of old has returned and took my credability and my joy.I can hear the rest of my forum collegues scorn ringing in my ears, we told you Goggs we told you Goggs............................................

Reznik
13/02/2011, 9:02 PM
All my predictions are going out the window this Hall team were my dream MSL team and after over 10 years watching the MSL I deserved too watch a team like this,I told anyone who would listen go watch Hall this season they will clean up alas my dreams were shattered I kept telling myself that Rockmount was just a blip that they would bounce back but no no the Hall of old has returned and took my credability and my joy.I can hear the rest of my forum collegues scorn ringing in my ears, we told you Goggs we told you Goggs............................................

Fair play Goggs! It takes a big man to admit defeat! But with a healthy lead in the league they should still go on and win it. SHOULD???;)

razor
13/02/2011, 9:27 PM
Revised Draw

Quarter Final Draw

Bluebell Utd v Avondale Utd
Cherry Orchard v Belgrove
Sacred Heart FC v Youghal Utd
Midleton FC v Rockmount / Crumlin Utd

Ties to be played week ending March 6th 2011

Glenbuck
13/02/2011, 10:25 PM
Fair play Goggs! It takes a big man to admit defeat! But with a healthy lead in the league they should still go on and win it. SHOULD???;)
After doing the hard work in Dublin they SHOULD have done the business today as well. Long way to go yet.. Being beaten 3 nil at home in cup could set them back a bit...

Reznik
13/02/2011, 10:33 PM
After doing the hard work in Dublin they SHOULD have done the business today as well. Long way to go yet.. Being beaten 3 nil at home in cup could set them back a bit...

I remember a couple of months ago suggesting on this very forum that we will not see the true depth of douglas until they go through a bad spell. It looks like it is certainly ''squeaky bum time''...

Billynomates
14/02/2011, 7:40 AM
I went to Avondale and Corithians today I was very dissapointed with Corithians their fittness levels were atrocious against a very ordinary Avondale outfit.

I was at the game also and i have to agree with your statement about corinthians level of fitness but disagree about avondales performance. They never used the extra man. Avondale looked like the team with the extra man. They also lost arguably their best player after ten mins. To keep a clean sheet and limit a strong corinthians team to just one chance where beezer shot wide 5 yards out with an open goal was very commendable. Spratty scored for the avondale with about 20 mins left. A shot from Colin P O'Brien was blocked down and broke nicely for Spratty who showed great technique to shoot a looping ball over the corinthians keeper. After that corinthians tried to break avondale down but created nothing while avondale broke on the counter attack and could of should of added to their lead. Corinthians Ron Stanton was sent off with 5 mins left for a late and nasty challenge on avondales Doody. Overall the better and fitter team won.

AvondaleNutter
14/02/2011, 8:22 AM

In fairness avondale were down to ten men after ten minutes goggs.

Goggs
14/02/2011, 11:05 AM
Ah lads come on Corithians looked every bit their first division status unfit and poorly managed a schoolboy manager would have seen the gaping holes Avondale left on either flanks which were never exploited their tempo was one paced and they played their football in all the wrong areas at one stage I wanted to go over to their bench and ask who's the brains behind this outfit but yet again Mrs Goggs talked me round.If Avondale were down to 8 men they still would have beaten them so please please lads lets not be delusional,I expect more from you Billynomates and Avondalenutter i hope paitrisuim is clouding your judgement.