PDA

View Full Version : Ireland U23 Squad - Kelly Included

Roo69
14/09/2010, 4:15 PM
Jake Kelly (http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=101256&catid=2&Itemid=10) has been included in the Ireland U23 squad to play Estonia.

Delighted for him, fully deserved for the way he has been playing the last few months. I wonder if Shane O'Neill had not been injured if he would have got a call up, he was in great form himself. Same goes for young Gary Shaw, if he keeps going the way he is an international call up of some sort within the under age set up must be close.

naoise kennedy
14/09/2010, 4:48 PM
Yeah, spoke to paul doolin at match last week but he did'nt give anything away,, now we know why,, totally agree gary shaw could soon be given a call up fantastic player.. great for jake and the club..

The Fox
14/09/2010, 8:04 PM
Well done Jake - well deserved!!!

I think Gary Shaw has u18 caps? anyone know?

rocket
15/09/2010, 7:28 AM
Well done Jake, in great form, about time we had a Bray player picked for 23,s

Pendil
15/09/2010, 11:22 PM
I think Gary Shaw has u18 caps? anyone know?Gary Shaw was an U-18 Schools International this year, part of a really good team which won the Centenary Shield beating Scotland, Wales and England. Was put on standby for the full U-18 Irish side afterwards for their trip to Macedonia in May. Has been playing in the Leinster Senior League (Div 1) for Newbridge since he was 16 and has been invited over to Birmingham City and Leeds United in the last 12 months during school holidays. Has also been on the radar of a number of Airtricity clubs recently but Pat Devlin beat them to it!

Pendil
15/09/2010, 11:29 PM
I think Gary Shaw has u18 caps? anyone know? Gary Shaw was an U-18 Schools International this year, part of a really good team which won the Centenary Shield beating Scotland, Wales & England. Was put on standby for the full U-18 Irish squad afterwards for their trip to Macedonia in May but didn't travel due to Leaving Cert commitments. Has been playing Leinster Senior League football for Newbridge since he was 16 and was invited over to Birmingham City & Leeds United during his school holidays in the last 12 months. Has also been on the radar of a number of Airtricity clubs recently but Pat Devlin beat them to it! A fine player with a bright future.