PDA

View Full Version : drogheda game

Enda M
27/04/2004, 10:04 PM
is threre many going or you all boycotting the high prices.. :rolleyes:

max power
27/04/2004, 10:58 PM
i'm making a stand and not giving those clowns any of my money !!!!

sparkey
28/04/2004, 7:42 AM
i'm making a stand and not giving those clowns any of my money !!!!

Totally Agree. Wont be travelling either.

nesovic
28/04/2004, 10:32 AM
heard some people are going to athlone match instead! drogheda's prices are crazy!

Maz
28/04/2004, 10:34 AM
how are they doin crowd wise with those prices? cant imagine many goin 2 da game in all honesty.....ridiculous prices seeing as i find it hard gettin money 4 home games like!!

Drogman.
28/04/2004, 11:28 AM
We are doing alright actually. There could be more but the attendences are around the same as last season with the exception of the stand which is now always empty, which is right in my opinion. As soon as the club learns that the stand is a piece of Sh*t then nobody will pay that amount of money to go into it.
Ah well lads, some supporters you lot are. Pats and Rovers brought big numbers and there was a good lot of Derry lads there as well. Bring a decent crowd and make a bit on an atmosphere as we dont want a repeat of the Dublin City game as we had noone to shout at :)

max power
28/04/2004, 11:36 AM
sorry drogsman, but not only do your club rip people off but your toll bridge does too.... my van is a car van ie our nra rules a can, but the bridge in drogeda charges for a van so it more than double the price to get across it...is there something in the water up there ???

face facts, if i go to shels, pats, bohs and pay 15 euro, i get a seat and cover from the elements....what doo i get for the same money up there, nothing.....i'm not paying it

Maz
28/04/2004, 11:36 AM
i'd say its safe to say there will be more supporters from the town than dublin city had so....... :p

Drogman.
28/04/2004, 12:57 PM
sorry drogsman, but not only do your club rip people off but your toll bridge does too.... my van is a car van ie our nra rules a can, but the bridge in drogeda charges for a van so it more than double the price to get across it...is there something in the water up there ???

face facts, if i go to shels, pats, bohs and pay 15 euro, i get a seat and cover from the elements....what doo i get for the same money up there, nothing.....i'm not paying it

Well the toll bridge is up to yourself. Why not go through the town like all of the other van/truck drivers??

Yes, you get a seat in all those other grounds but they would have increased their prices if they had terracing there as well. We are all just as pi**ed off down here as you but you have to get on with it in supporting your club. But that's your opinion so I've no probs with that.

Maz
28/04/2004, 4:37 PM
don't suppose there is anyone goin that would mind givin me an update??? cheeky i know

WindmillWarrior
29/04/2004, 4:25 PM
Its an extra €5 ffs!

Scabby farmers :rolleyes:

Martinho II
29/04/2004, 9:21 PM
don't suppose there is anyone goin that would mind givin me an update??? cheeky i know

well maz i will be definitely b goin adrian massop has my no so he can pass the no to you.

Wiseguy
30/04/2004, 7:51 AM
I have to agree with the Drogheda boys on this.Get off your whole and support your club.Fcuk the price, is supporting your club not more important than a lousy €5.I have to say without offence meant but some of you are very hypocritical.You either support the Town or don't.I have to take time off work to go so on top of loosing a few hours pay i have to pay a bit extra into Utd Park but there is no point singing Longford til i die and avoid the Drog match.Just imagine the song...
I'm Longford til i die,
Except in Utd Park
I know i am
I'm sure i am
I'm Lonford til i die
Go to the fcuking match and support your club and if you can't you will need a better excuse than it's tooooooo expensive.

max power
30/04/2004, 9:33 AM
well i believe the drogs are charging too much and won't pay it and i won't have he likes of you going on about being a part time supporter railroading me into thinking differently......

its thats the way why don't we charge the same prices.......cause its an overpriced rip off and i wouldn't pay that to go to a kip like no name park....

i have to take time off work to go to cork at the end of may and thats fine cause ok price for an ok ground, see its an ecomonic stand point not a football one wiseguy....

Wiseguy
30/04/2004, 10:36 AM
I think it is a rip off aswell but then i always thought Utd park was expensive but the fact of the matter is that i am a Town supporter through and through and i won't let the prices of matches stop me watching my favourite team.This is rip off Ireland remember and before long we will all be paying €20 into matches to watch EL football because there is no money in the league at the moment and for clubs to keep up and survive money needs to come from somewhere and increasing the entry price is the easiest option.What will you do then?

max power
30/04/2004, 10:47 AM
well if everyone is on an even keel i wouldn't mind, but what makes no name park €5 better than flancare/tolka/dalymount.....nothing is the answer....

BobtheDrog
30/04/2004, 11:43 AM
actually drogheda play in a ground called united park the name it has had since it was first built except during the O2 sponsorship. and i would gladly pay the extra 5 euro to watch the drogs wherever they are you can sit there and boycott the match if you want but i think its sad that you dont love your club enough to pay 5 euro to watch them, and just to make a point at least the away terrace in united park is covered unlike most of flancare

BobtheDrog
30/04/2004, 11:45 AM
oh and max power if by car van you mean somethng along the lines of the kangoo or berlingo just give out to them we have a kangoo and its never been a problem

max power
30/04/2004, 12:05 PM
no i mean a golf fan, a golf which is a car and i have it in writing from the nra that they are charging the wrong price....i think the drogs price is a rip off and i just won't pay it, simple as that......nothing about my love for the club or any of that rubbish, any of de town lads know i follow the club to every game i can, but not this one....its a point of principal not football

BobtheDrog
30/04/2004, 12:08 PM
well each to their own

Maz
30/04/2004, 12:09 PM
well maz i will be definitely b goin adrian massop has my no so he can pass the no to you.

cheers mite give ya a buzz for updates!!

sparkey
30/04/2004, 1:21 PM
This is rip off Ireland remember

The reason Rip off Ireland get away with this sort of thing is because plebs like us put up with it and just shrug our shoulders and pay up regardless. I for one am not going to United Park this season simply on an economic stand point. As Max Power pointed out What makes United Park so special from the rest of the grounds in the el. I hve being following LTFC since Charlie Walker was manager of the Town and am definitely no fair weather supporter but I refuse to support a financially reckless club trying to rip off the general soccer going public. Its not as if the town are getting a cut of the gate or any thing. and if more away supporters boycotted United Park then the board of directors at Drogs may see what a stupid idea it is to overcharge into their POXY ground

max power
30/04/2004, 1:38 PM
"pleb" what a word, i agree with all of the statements above, you were up sh1t creek money wise last year, lost your sponser and youe answer is to rip off supporters wilth over the top prices.....

if yee lowered the price to €8, you'd get twice as many in or more, fill the ground nd get a goot atmosphere and great PR for the club, basic economics......but all clubs could do that to be honest

Drogman.
30/04/2004, 2:03 PM
Not really. I for one disagreed with the original price increase and still disagree about the price of the stand but by saying that dropping the price will get more people in, then that's just silly. The sad thing in our town is that people who were not even going to matches just used the price increase to further their cause. The only way we'll get a big crowd every week is if we are in the top 2 or 3 all the time. Otherwise the club could be letting people in for free and still nobody would turn up. Its a shame really.

BobtheDrog
30/04/2004, 2:08 PM
agree with what drogman says like him i was anti the price rise and was at the supporters club meeting where it was discussed. the board did what they thought was right, drogheda as a club is now run full time and we need the finances to keep it going all the leagues other full time clubs raised their prices and within a year or so longford will do the same, will you stop watching them then?

max power
30/04/2004, 2:11 PM
economics lesson 1......

give people a bargin and they'll snap it up....or has its put in one book i've studied, stack em high and watch em fly !!!! i know at least 10 people from drog who have stopped going to gaemes because of the price, thats only who i know and family tickets must cost a fortune up there.....

your crowd will not grow with those prices and what happens to the next generation, what do you do to get them in ???? price is too high you won't attract new supporters, you'll be static and eventually go backwards......

our stand is still €8 cheaper than yours, that is almost 50% more expensive for a regional club, you can't justify those prices....if your board got up off their arses and bothered getting a club sponser then they would not have to take the lazy way out by raising ticket prices.....

you board are a group of plebs ( had to use it ) has anyone up there passed or even studied business studies for at least the leaving cert ????

Macy
30/04/2004, 2:24 PM
that is almost 50% more expensive for a regional club,
They're not a regional club, just a shít Dublin suburb...

max power
30/04/2004, 2:26 PM
and when i say you posted i thought is was going to be about our season thicket !! nice one :D

Xlex
30/04/2004, 2:57 PM
Price of our season ticket is silly...

max power
30/04/2004, 3:04 PM
i was askin for that really, wasn't i ......

Xlex
30/04/2004, 3:10 PM
I was just thinking. Town should issue non attendance season tickets for louts like me and you who play GAA and have a thriving entrepreneurial streak respectfully... :ball:

BobtheDrog
30/04/2004, 3:11 PM
They're not a regional club, just a shít Dublin suburb...
arent you the cheeky one today macy

max power
30/04/2004, 3:12 PM
arent you the cheeky one today macy

Macy cheeky today, you haven't really been around here too long have you :p

Macy
30/04/2004, 3:14 PM
Macy cheeky today, you haven't really been around here too long have you :p
He's probably been on the Drogs forum today, that's all. ;)

BobtheDrog
30/04/2004, 3:15 PM
well you see although this means nothing to you myself and macy have also been communicating on the drogheda board where he insulted my spelling ability.

max power
30/04/2004, 3:28 PM
ah right, macy you get again this boards, you'll get a name as a board slut if your not careful !!!!! ;)

lay off the old spelling thing, not great at it myself.....but they are all inbreed up there if you want to latch onto that point !!!

BobtheDrog
30/04/2004, 3:33 PM
thats waterford you're thinking of. and at least unlike home farm we have fans

max power
30/04/2004, 3:36 PM
xlex, betwwen, 2 jobs, training for the marathon an fund raising and puttin together the dvd i have little time to rant, but i shall do my best to continue....

do you thinkits worht puttin together a written marketing proposal to the club for various elements or should i just go home and talk to the wall ????

oh yeah GAA is out the window, long story but i was treated bad by the club so i walked, bit of a roy keane sutution to be true, but i might go back next season for a swan song, unfinished business and all that !!!!!

max power
30/04/2004, 4:00 PM
thats waterford you're thinking of. and at least unlike home farm we have fans

fans must only have 2 legs and not be covered it wool, you are not allowed to legally marry these fans either, this may upset some drogs but you must face the truth.....

BobtheDrog
30/04/2004, 4:14 PM
so why is it that drogheda contains no sheep or farm animals of any description whereas flancare is surrounded by them, is this so that you can all relieve yourselves at half time? :rolleyes:

Wiseguy
30/04/2004, 4:24 PM
Before i leave just one final point.Thanks for the lesson in economics Max but it's not bread or milk that is being sold.If it was free into Flancare it would be the same situation as the Drog lad said..people still wouldn't go.You have all the excuses such as it's to wet,it's to cold,it's to warm,i forgot,i couldn't get a lift out and so on.Then of course there are the Plebs who say "sher there is **** all locals involved,i'm not cheering on them Dubs".The simple fact of the matter is that people just couldn't be arsed and that is that.I really don't think that the price is a really big issue although i do think that all kids under 12 should be free.It is your free choice to stay away from the match to-nite away in protest against the drog board or whatever but i follow the Town and that's the bottom line for me.

Frank 99er
30/04/2004, 7:36 PM
Well said. I think Maximilian should enjoy life more. I never heard such stultified bunkum regarding 5 euro. The game badly needs an injection of money. I think it should be supported, rather than hindered by people thinking of football solely as entertainment (making sure they get their penny's worth). Sorry if I reopened the can of proverbial worms here.

max power
30/04/2004, 8:00 PM
well frank funny you post at this time, why are you not at the game either ??? btw baker scored in the first half......

football = money, check out my post on the marketing & merchindisiing of our club......

if you want people to support than make games cheaper to go to, simple economics, and market the bloody product, a pat the baker board with marker writing on it is embaressing....

Frank 99er
02/05/2004, 4:18 PM
Well spotted, (RE time of post)! Unfortunately i'm I'm in the middle of exams and would have to use public transport (because i've no van) to make a 300 mile round trip, taking away valuable study time. I accept your point about trying other marketing avenues. Fresh ideas should be welcome.

Maz
02/05/2004, 4:44 PM
Well said. I think Maximilian should enjoy life more. I never heard such stultified bunkum regarding 5 euro. The game badly needs an injection of money. I think it should be supported, rather than hindered by people thinking of football solely as entertainment (making sure they get their penny's worth). Sorry if I reopened the can of proverbial worms here.

in fairness alot of people are pumping alot of money in to football already and increasing prices is a big deal! its not as if it is free to get to drogheda either! for those of us who are students it aint easy plus we have europe coming up too!!

pineapple stu
02/05/2004, 7:07 PM
Re the ticket prices - I would have thought that the major problem with upping prices 50% isn't that it's exorbitant for the die-hards, but rather that it does nothing to encourage more locals to go to Drogheda's games. I think Drogheda handled the increase very badly and that's where a lot of the negative press is coming from, but if I were a Drogheda fan, I wouldn't be at all happy at a move which is certain to seriously affect their ability to get the barstoolers into the games.

Macy
04/05/2004, 8:23 AM
Right stayed out of this one - a few euro difference doesn't matter if you're an away fan IMO. Town fans always go to the stand, so €15 is the standard rate for most stands.

Anyway, no problems getting in for a student anyway, so only €8 :p