PDA

View Full Version : John Byrne's Eircom League Focus

thecorner
27/04/2004, 6:21 PM
anyone else notice the bias towards dublin clubs on this aertel page

Colm
27/04/2004, 7:06 PM
Yeah but it's hardly surprising considering the guys a massive Rovers fan. I think he's actually a member of the SRFC Ultras.

thecorner
27/04/2004, 8:45 PM
surprise surprise so to see him slating the media over the bad coverage they gave the rovers fans because of the bohs game

tiktok
27/04/2004, 8:55 PM
I know he's an Ultras member, but the slating he's given the Herald echoes the sentiments shared by a lot on here, not just Rovers fans.
I agree there's a definite Dublin focus in his stuff, but I'm glad to put up with it, it's certainly a step in the right direction by RTE.

liamon
28/04/2004, 8:30 AM
To be fair, it's a lot better then what we used to get on aertel.....nothing.
As for the Dublin bias, that can be partly explained by the fact that most of the clubs in the top division are from Dublin or it's suburbs.

thecorner
28/04/2004, 9:41 AM
As for the Dublin bias, that can be partly explained by the fact that most of the clubs in the top division are from Dublin or it's suburbs.

really????????

Éanna
28/04/2004, 5:56 PM
surprise surprise so to see him slating the media over the bad coverage they gave the rovers fans because of the bohs game
he wasn't the only one. it was disgraceful. fair play to aertel for giving him the chance and well done john for what he's written, some very good pieces

ConfusedBlue
28/04/2004, 6:57 PM
Ther has'nt been that much Dublin bias.Waterford have featured on it at least 4 times out of 7. :confused:

yur man
28/04/2004, 8:28 PM
ive sent my cautious praise by email to rte

makes a nice change. had to really tink about it too, i often moan by email but dont often send praise :)

thecorner
28/04/2004, 8:49 PM
Ther has'nt been that much Dublin bias.Waterford have featured on it at least 4 times out of 7. :confused:

only when playing dublin opposition