PDA

View Full Version : In Need of Beats

Maynard
27/04/2004, 5:52 PM
Just wanted to mention the lack of noise (chanting etc) since we moved to Tolka. It's a shame that whenever an away team bring even 20 fans they can out-chant the few hundred who are there to see the Dubs.(Derry game was a perfect example)
Last year Ringo was heroic with his big bass drum, but I haven't seen it since the start of the season. Whereas there's been some younger lads (no offence Ringo ;) ) with drums that aren't as effective at some of the games.
Perhaps I could suggest that those guys get a chance to bang the big bass drum avec the crest and see how they get on trying to get the chants going?

It's just a thought, but we really need to do something to increase the volume and the atmosphere I feel. So far this year it's been nothing like some of the games last season.
Beating Harps etc... :)

Ringo
28/04/2004, 7:23 AM
We brought the big drum along the lat night & the lads weren't there. They seem our best prospect going forward. We're a bit spread out in Tolka.

bigfoot
28/04/2004, 10:22 AM
Hayser- **** off!

Maynard
28/04/2004, 6:14 PM
Didn't realise that you had it with you the other night Ringo. But I think you're right, giving the lads the drum for the evening is definately a good idea, lets hope it helps things. Think we're just going to have to wait a while to bed in in Tolka, and hopefully if we can start picking up a few more points the noise will begin to grow either way.

Éanna
28/04/2004, 6:20 PM
with all due respect, the sooner your horrible club disappears the better. worse than feckin UCD :mad:

Ringo
29/04/2004, 9:51 AM
with all due respect, the sooner your horrible club disappears the better. worse than feckin UCD :mad:
with all due respect, what is your problem with a small club 3 years old, trying to build up a fan base.

Schumi
29/04/2004, 12:34 PM
worse than feckin UCD :mad:
:D Must save this somewhere!

Sheridan
29/04/2004, 2:20 PM
Tell you what, we'll race you! Historically, however, Dublin clubs have a far healthier life expectancy than those from Cork, so the odds would be interesting.

Éanna
29/04/2004, 2:35 PM
with all due respect, what is your problem with a small club 3 years old, trying to build up a fan base.
its not 3 years old. its merely the latest attempt by home farm, HFF etc etc to try and get a foothold in the league. every previous effort has failed as will this. The new name is also a blatant attempt to cash in on Dublin at the expense of the other clubs already there. Dublin needs less clubs not more.

bigfoot
29/04/2004, 3:19 PM
Why are Cork folk hung up on Dublin clubs? So what if Dublin were to have 12 teams and all of em in the premier in a few years, there there on merit!

Get over it you gimp Eanna!

Ringo
29/04/2004, 3:28 PM
its not 3 years old. its merely the latest attempt by home farm, HFF etc etc to try and get a foothold in the league. every previous effort has failed as will this. The new name is also a blatant attempt to cash in on Dublin at the expense of the other clubs already there. Dublin needs less clubs not more.

Home Farm has had no part in the club since it was established in 2001, thank god. What are you studying in college, bitterness & hatred? I’d concentrate on Cork City if I was you, you started off telling everyone how you’d win the league, on what I’ve seen , that ain’t going to happen. We’ve a better chance of avoiding relegation, than you have of winning the league, even with your Dublin cast off manager. :p

Dodge
29/04/2004, 4:19 PM
Tell you what, we'll race you! Historically, however, Dublin clubs have a far healthier life expectancy than those from Cork, so the odds would be interesting.
Whether or not your deserve to be in the league; That is a brilliant, brilliant line. I doff my imaginary cap to you Sheridan :)