PDA

View Full Version : Pat's game

pineapple stu
13/09/2010, 12:11 PM
Top half v bottom half in all five games tonight. The way we're going, it seems the best we can hope for is five top half wins. Then there's a gap of almost two weeks before our next game away to Bray. Hopefully we'll have close to a full squad and can get back into a bit of form for the rest of the season.

We had seven clean sheets in a row at one stage early on; since then though, it's been one clean sheet in 25!! Still don't really trust this modern 4-5-1 formation; think we need to get Dave Mc back and go the normal 4-4-2. Think our best run coincided with that formation.

pineapple stu
14/09/2010, 7:44 AM
Hm. Very strange to be proven so spectacularly wrong and right in the same post! Only one win for the top five against the bottom five, but Dave Mc's re-introduction - and revertion to 4-4-2 I'll assume - paid dividends within 60 seconds. Good draw for Bray though; twill be a tough game there next week.

John83
14/09/2010, 2:59 PM
It's quite a relief to finally see a win. It's been depressing viewing from over here the past couple of months.

pineapple stu
14/09/2010, 3:57 PM
The strange thing is that we hadn't been playing that badly. Hammered Galway but they scored against the run of play, for example. Should have been 2-0 or 3-0 up against Drogheda by half time, but then went to sleep and weren't helped by a dubious red card. Put in good shifts in Inchicore and Sligo only to lose it late on. Even away to Rovers and Bohs - where we were definitely second best - we were in with a shout of an unlikely draw for good spells (Bohs only really sealed the win in Dalyer late on, and we were giving Rovers a good game until Shorty's red). With luck, we'll have a full squad now after the break - suspensions and injuries finally clearing; didn't expect Dave Mc to be back this early, so he should be starting in Bray.

Killer's now the third top scorer in the league - closing in on our all-time top five - and is on course to break the goals in a season record again (he fell one short last year)

John83
14/09/2010, 4:17 PM
Really? How many is he on now (season and career)?

I did get that optimistic vibe from what you guys were saying, but then you're usually wildly optimistic about the team, if not individual players.

pineapple stu
14/09/2010, 4:23 PM
Me? :p

I think it's 32 in all competitions; 26 or so in the league. I think 25 was joint 7th-9th. I think.