PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool Legends

outspoken
12/09/2010, 7:01 PM
it was a great game and a great occasion...fantastic job done by the club in getting the game organised and it looks like they have been rewarded with good gate receipts ......got all the autographs and seeing mcater and aldridge link up for that 1st goal was a magic moment they still got it so to speak.

Longfordian
12/09/2010, 8:03 PM
Yeah they should make a few quid out of it. They managed to get a good bit of sponsorship for it so that helps. Enjoyable enough kick about. Good to see some of the old Town players. Alan Murphy is still as argumentative as ever!

poster
12/09/2010, 9:10 PM
Many at it? any pics?

Longfordian
12/09/2010, 9:56 PM
At a rough guess maybe 1200-1300? There were photographers there so I'm sure pictures will pop up at some point.

Salmon Coloured
13/09/2010, 7:11 AM
What was the score in the end? Who scored etc & who played for both? Also did our good friend Benson get a run out & how did he fare?? Couldnt make it down unfortunatley myself.

Longfordian
13/09/2010, 11:09 AM
Liverpool Legends won 4-2 Aldridge got 3 and John Durnin got the other I think. Richie Parsons and Keith O'Connor got the Town goals. Benson came on for a cameo role on the left wing. Didn't show himself up too badly anyway!

Macy
13/09/2010, 2:13 PM
Didn't show himself up too badly anyway!
But did he kick any scousers?

Longfordian
13/09/2010, 2:54 PM
Not that I can recall. I had said he should give up his place to Marty for that purpose...

Martinho II
13/09/2010, 7:53 PM
Not that I can recall. I had said he should give up his place to Marty for that purpose...

he won a sliding tackle with our own emmet ryan who was representing liverpool legends.. according to the linesmen beside section o benson got the best reception of any player of the night! it was so good Richie Parsons told benson to warm up and low and behold Eamon Donoghue sends him on!!