PDA

View Full Version : injuries?????????????????

davyboy
27/04/2004, 11:31 AM
I have a feeling that roys reasons for pulling out of the squad are genuine and that mabye some of the rest arent. Im not giving out because in my opinion they all do it from time to time "let on that their injuries are worse than they are". After all it is a friendly with poland and this match will be a well worthwhile excercise for the younger less experienced players. But do you think all the players that have dropped out would have dropped out if we were playing france? Dont think so!

Plastic Paddy
27/04/2004, 11:56 AM
I have a feeling that roys reasons for pulling out of the squad are genuine and that mabye some of the rest arent. Im not giving out because in my opinion they all do it from time to time "let on that their injuries are worse than they are". After all it is a friendly with poland and this match will be a well worthwhile excercise for the younger less experienced players. But do you think all the players that have dropped out would have dropped out if we were playing france? Dont think so!

I don't buy this at all. Players would either have to be given special dispensation to pull out (as in the case of those with clubs still involved in the English end-of-season promotion and relegation issues) or certificated by a medical doctor, whether through the clubs or the FAI, in order so to do. I don't blame clubs for their reticence in releasing players at this time. It's a bloody stupid time to be scheduling an international friendly programme. FIFA take note.

:( PP

Bowsy
27/04/2004, 12:02 PM
if players have a slight knock it doesn't do Ireland or their clubs any favours by risking them in a meaningless game. I dare say many players would make the extra effort if it was a competitive game. Better they play it safe IMO. Don't believe any player in Ireland ranks is faking injury.