PDA

View Full Version : Robbie Keane out of Poland game.

BobbyHans
27/04/2004, 10:58 AM
Robbie has pulled out as well:

[URL=http://www.rte.ie/sport/2004/0427/robbie.html] (http://www.rte.ie/sport/2004/0427/robbie.html)

Not unexpected but it will provide an opportunity for some of the other lads to get a chance. Although the squad is looking bare bones now.

eoinh
27/04/2004, 11:02 AM
Byrne has a chance to play in part of the match now anyway. Its a real pity JOf is injured :( .

Dodge
27/04/2004, 11:03 AM
That Keane is a judas ****...

BobbyHans
27/04/2004, 11:05 AM
Were talkin about Robbie Keane here not Roy.

ger121
27/04/2004, 11:06 AM
Byrne has a chance to play in part of the match now anyway. Its a real pity JOf is injured :( .

and Crowe too, we could of had an all el attack :)

eoinh
27/04/2004, 11:11 AM
i dont think Roy Keane should have come back but i think it does seem like a genuine injury.

If Robbie Keane and byrne had both played up front at some stage together would that have been the first case of relatives playing together in an irish international team? :confused:

Bowsy
27/04/2004, 11:14 AM
What about Ian Harte and Uncle Gary Kelly?

Sheridan
27/04/2004, 11:15 AM
If Robbie Keane and byrne had both played up front at some stage together would that have been the first case of relatives playing together in an irish international team? :confused:
By no means. Gary Kelly and Ian Harte (uncle and nephew) played as recently as the World Cup, also Pierce and David O'Leary (brothers) back in the eighties. There have been others, too.

finlma
27/04/2004, 11:28 AM
i dont think Roy Keane should have come back but i think it does seem like a genuine injury.

Whats their relationship anyway? I know most of Tallaght are one big family.

Of course I mean that in a nice friendly way and not a dirty inbred way.

Plastic Paddy
27/04/2004, 11:47 AM
Whats their relationship anyway? I know most of Tallaght are one big family.

Of course I mean that in a nice friendly way and not a dirty inbred way.

:D

They're first cousins.

:) PP

tetsujin1979
27/04/2004, 12:30 PM
Alan Lee and Miller to start according to fai.ie, I presume Lee will be up front with Clinton?

Dodge
27/04/2004, 12:39 PM
Were talkin about Robbie Keane here not Roy.
That was me poking fun at the hysteria surronding Roy's pull out and notable lack of hysteria compared with other players...

Thought it was obvious...

NeilMcD
27/04/2004, 1:31 PM
i think all of teh playres who did not travel are traitors and have let their country down, its a disgrace they should be playing it meanignless friendlies as thats were we really need them especially away friendlies. So I think Kerr should not pick any of the players that pulled out of the Irish squad this time as they are all judas traitors, Oh sorry i sound like a moron now, just like all you anti keane Heads. Deal in facts someone is injured so they dont play, no more no less but since the very beginning anti keane people tend to bend the facts to their own agenda

Eirambler
27/04/2004, 1:59 PM
Will this be Alan Lee's first start? Its well worth having a good look at him as he's our only real target man now that Doherty is concentrating on defence and Sadlier has retired.

What little I've seen of him (against the czechs) has impressed me.

NeilMcD
27/04/2004, 2:06 PM
and its not much of an argument to pick one aspect of my post and construct your argument against that. i said lots of others things in there. Brian Kerr has said he wanted to go but they would not let him. Now are all you anti Keaneites suddenly calling Brian Kerr and Liar etc. Who cares about international friendlies. He did it when it mattered against Holland and Portugal and Cyprus away etc. Now before you come back with well he did not do it at the World Cup, there is no point in arguing that one as peoles views on that are trenchant, but i do think its sad that it seems to me that the anti keane crowd let Saipan permeate every argument with regards to Irish football. Get over it, move and look to the future

Plastic Paddy
27/04/2004, 2:10 PM
but i do think its sad that it seems to me that the anti keane crowd let Saipan permeate every argument with regards to Irish football. Get over it, move and look to the future

That's a wee bit of a generalisation, Neil. I can't stand Keane myself but, as I've said elsewhere, if Mister Kerr thinks he can do a job for us, then - as he's our manager - that's fine by me. It's unfortunate we won't get a chance to look at Keane tomorrow, but I daresay that chance will come again soon. You never know, it might well be in that Romania game at the end of May.

davyboy
27/04/2004, 2:15 PM
That's a wee bit of a generalisation, Neil. I can't stand Keane myself but, as I've said elsewhere, if Mister Kerr thinks he can do a job for us, then - as he's our manager - that's fine by me. It's unfortunate we won't get a chance to look at Keane tomorrow, but I daresay that chance will come again soon. You never know, it might well be in that Romania game at the end of May.

YEH TICKETS PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE

NeilMcD
27/04/2004, 2:22 PM
well that seems like a reasonable viewpoint to me, personalities should not come into it. I did not like Mc Carthy but when he was manager i still supported the irish team home and away, I never booed him, although at times his tactical decision seemed like Zig and Zag were in charge of the match. So regardless of peoples views on whether Roy Keane is a nice man or whether you would like him to mind your kids or anything like that, the fact is that Brian Kerr has decided he is part of the best 22 players available to play for Ireland and I dont think anybody could debate that. I do see on a few posts of people who keep arguing he is past it etc and one even went as far as that he was not that good in the first place. This sort of comment is laughable. Keane is 32 so is Jason Mc Ateer one is playing in Division one the other is playing in champions league and permiership yet the anti keane people say Keane is past it and never mention mc ateer. Again personalities are clouding there judgement there.

BobbyHans
27/04/2004, 2:55 PM
[QUOTE=Dodge]That was me poking fun at the hysteria surronding Roy's pull out and notable lack of hysteria compared with other players...

Sorry Dodge my fault. :rolleyes:

One point in general i think we should just accept the fact that whatever happenend in the past, has happenend and cannot be changed. The events that happenend in saipan didn't benefit anybody connected with the national team. There is little point goin on and on about it, i understand and accept that people are still annoyed by what RMK did, but undoubtably Ireland is a stronger team with him in than without him. Especially when you considered the lack of abiltity in midfield. Kinsella, McAteer, and Holland just aren't International standard. Miller is untried at this level and needs more experience. Ive liked what ive seen of Kavanagh, but the jury is still out IMO. While Healy has got a long term injury and hasn't been over impressive in an Ireland Shirt. The fact we have played KK in cent mid recently showns the lack of quality and depth.

I might be wrong but is it the fact he plays for United that increases the resentment? Im not a ManUre fan so don't be goin mad like, or is the reputation he's got for being an arrogant c**t? If it had been Niall Quinn or Matt Holland would the reaction be different? I get the feeling alot of people didn't like him before anyway.

Plastic Paddy
27/04/2004, 3:03 PM
I might be wrong but is it the fact he plays for United that increases the resentment? Im not a ManUre fan so don't be goin mad like, or is the reputation he's got for being an arrogant c**t? If it had been Niall Quinn or Matt Holland would the reaction be different? I get the feeling alot of people didn't like him before anyway.

It's interesting that you cite Holland. The fact that he's been caught on camera singing the British national anthem (at a play-off final whilst with Ipswich many moons ago) has caused great resentment in some quarters round here. The fact that he has dual nationality and - God forbid - is also proud of his English side seems to mark him out as a second-class citizen and a "traitor" to some.

As for Quinn, well, he could do no wrong. My Mammy just loves him... ;)

:D PP

BobbyHans
27/04/2004, 3:16 PM
Ive read other threads about the holland thing on this board, I always got the impression with that we were second choice if he had been good enough for England and got the chance he would of played. And the fact he has only one irish grandparent (i think correct me if im wrong, sorry if so) then he is entitled to do that, but I on the other hand it gets on my nerves that some players are using the Irish team as a passport to International Football. Although im not going to get on his back to much because this didn't even cross my mind when I went mad after he scored against Cameroon.

As for big Quinny, I saw him in O'Neills in Leicester Square last Sat Night. Really top bloke, although I wouldn't like to get into a fight with him (Like Steve McMahon) he is a big bloke!! ;)

Éanna
27/04/2004, 4:57 PM
Oh sorry i sound like a moron now, just like all you anti keane Heads. Deal in facts someone is injured so they dont play, no more no less but since the very beginning anti keane people tend to bend the facts to their own agenda
A more balanced way of saying that is that you don't agree with us and we don't agree with you. Which is fine, because its a democracy. Oh, and I'm not an "anti-Keane head " I'm not from Dublin. I might be anti-Keane, but I'm definitely not a "head" Now can we just get on with talking about robbie and leave roy to the roy threads

NeilMcD
27/04/2004, 5:12 PM
well i am not anti, anybody and i think it is terrible that there are people here who are anti a person who has played for the Irish football team. YOu should be supportive of them not against them they need are support not negative feedback regardless of what they do etc. We support them through thick and thin.

Schumi
28/04/2004, 11:16 AM
I'm not an "anti-Keane head"Yeah, he's an "anti-Keane boy", get it right.

Bowsy
28/04/2004, 11:19 AM
Why does every thread on this forum end in a debate on Roy Keane?????

Jim Smith
28/04/2004, 11:28 AM
Why does every thread on this forum end in a debate on Roy Keane?????
If he would only move to Celtic it would kill two birds with the one stone :D