PDA

View Full Version : Worst ref in the eircom League

Enda M
26/04/2004, 9:16 PM
we give out an awful lot about them but who is actually the worst jim o neill imo

A face
26/04/2004, 9:32 PM
the worst jim o neill imo

Jimmy is always sure to get a mention on a thread like this !!

corkharps
26/04/2004, 9:35 PM
Alan Kelly has to get a mention for the way he bottled it in the playoffs last year. :mad:

nesovic
26/04/2004, 10:01 PM
Thought alan kelly was very good in the cup final, ahve to say didn't agree with his choices in the pat's match! jimmy o'neill was terrible the other night! he missed or chose to miss brian mc govern being punched in the face, and i did think it was a clear penalty for us! o' neill always causes agro he's always going to make decisions we disagree with! Hancock also has a few dodgy moments! think the vote is o'neill though!

brendy_éire
26/04/2004, 10:11 PM
Alan Kelly has to get a mention for the way he bottled it in the playoffs last year. :mad:

Alan Kelly is the best ref in the country hi. Performed excellently under the circumstances at the play-off final. He sent Kinger off, he gets my respect. :D

dcfc_legend9
27/04/2004, 8:36 AM
it has to be paul mc keon hes a rite ******

Éanna
27/04/2004, 10:37 AM
In the following order:
1. O'Neill
2. Stokes
3. Paul McKeon

the fella who was down in Cobh (Mark Gough?) on saturday looks like a challeneger but I've only seen him once. He has a long way to go to challenge the consistent ****eness of any of the above

Éanna
27/04/2004, 10:43 AM
I've put a poll up on this one. I personally think Kelly is the best myself. Included Dan Deady to keep the Limerick fans happy :)

tiktok
27/04/2004, 10:45 AM
O'Neill with McKeon a distant second.
Think Kelly is a good ref

Sheridan
27/04/2004, 10:52 AM
Kelly is bloody awful. He's decisive and fair (as in not obviously biased) enough, but he just doesn't know the laws of the game or how they should be applied, which would seem a fairly basic requirement for a top-class ref. Plus, he has an Anders Frisk complex.

max power
27/04/2004, 10:52 AM
has to be o'neill, wants to be the centre of attention all the time, he'd have a spotlight following him around the pitch if he got his way.....

every game he's involved in turns into the jimmy o'neill show....

alan kelly would be the best in the el i feel, fit and able to keep up with the play and lets the game flow without blowing every 10 secs.....

Dodge
27/04/2004, 11:00 AM
Kelly's half decent. The rest are all disgraceful

Schumi
27/04/2004, 12:18 PM
The one from Waterford, forget his name.

Man-In-Black
27/04/2004, 1:11 PM
In the following order:
1. O'Neill
2. Stokes
3. Paul McKeon

the fella who was down in Cobh (Mark Gough?) on saturday looks like a challeneger but I've only seen him once. He has a long way to go to challenge the consistent ****eness of any of the above

I would just like to point out that the people at number 2 and 3 on your list are currently members of the FIFA panel. Both of these referees have already done international matches abroad and will referee many more before the end of the year. :)

Troy.McClure
27/04/2004, 1:27 PM
I think the reason that the (Cork) City people arent giving out about Kelly is because we never have him as a ref (because, him being from Cork he would be biased for us when we play Shels, Bohz, Rovers Pats, Home Farm..., thats why we ALWAYS have a Dublin ref). I think that Kelly is crap to be honest. Although Nesovic "Thought alan kelly was very good in the cup final" he did miss the 2nd goal which was offside, it was a shocker of a blunder.

Alan Kelly, you'll never be your father! ;)

Stevo Da Gull
27/04/2004, 3:29 PM
I will allways say Anthony Buttimer after the last day of last season, no it aint sour grapes and I'm not being to harsh on him. When I think about the decisions he made I still boil with rage, I never thought it possible that I would actually see a ref as terrible, at what he does, as Buttimer. :mad:

Éanna
27/04/2004, 4:06 PM
I would just like to point out that the people at number 2 and 3 on your list are currently members of the FIFA panel. Both of these referees have already done international matches abroad and will referee many more before the end of the year. :)
Best of a bad lot I guess, and I pity the poor b@stards they inflict them on.

I will allways say Anthony Buttimer after the last day of last season, no it aint sour grapes and I'm not being to harsh on him. When I think about the decisions he made I still boil with rage, I never thought it possible that I would actually see a ref as terrible, at what he does, as Buttimer. :mad:
He is a very poor ref, even ignoring that game, the few times I've seen him he's hopeless

adamcarr
27/04/2004, 4:54 PM
I voted Jim O Neill but was tempted by Ian Stokes!

patsh
27/04/2004, 5:27 PM
O'Neill might be bad, but I can't believe people think he is worse than McKeon.
McKeon is the worst ref ever since John Carpenter. (going back a bit, complete cnut...)

I think Feighery is about the best at the moment. (even though he seems to bottle it against $h£ls)

LukeO
27/04/2004, 6:47 PM
I hate Paul McKeon :mad: :mad: :mad:

But Buttimer, Kelly and one or two others drive me mad too.

Deboez Online http://www.deboez.ipfox.com

adamcarr
27/04/2004, 7:14 PM
Deboez Online http://www.deboez.ipfox.com

Nice Looking Website! :)

Martinho II
27/04/2004, 11:39 PM
my all time worse top two:
1.o neill
2.one **** in hancock

nesovic
28/04/2004, 10:16 AM
I think the reason that the (Cork) City people arent giving out about Kelly is because we never have him as a ref (because, him being from Cork he would be biased for us when we play Shels, Bohz, Rovers Pats, Home Farm..., thats why we ALWAYS have a Dublin ref). I think that Kelly is crap to be honest. Although Nesovic "Thought alan kelly was very good in the cup final" he did miss the 2nd goal which was offside, it was a shocker of a blunder.

Alan Kelly, you'll never be your father! ;)
technically the goal was offside but sure at that stage the game was over!

gael353
28/04/2004, 2:37 PM
Not sure of his first name lads but the hitler from athlone has to be the worst ever. His brother is a linesman too (a real homer) (edit...Tony Kelly, got it) Proof in the pudding is the amount of times ive seen him (3) and how many times hes been suspended after these three games (2) Recntly at the Athlone/Limerick game, he was 4th official. he emmerges from the athlone bench to send one of limericks players off for something he and only he saw in the stadium of tin. i heard another ref say he was nuts and you cant talk to him, Hancock is another who favours well know players and teams. think hed be called a homer too.

dortie
28/04/2004, 7:46 PM
WORST......Paul McKeon
BEST.........Alan Kelly