PDA

View Full Version : Bohs fans v Rovers Ultras.... on the pitch

Colm
26/04/2004, 10:18 PM
From todays Star....
"FANS of Bohemians and Shamrock Rovers will clash next Sunday-this time on the pitch.
Following the highly publicised clashes before the recent derby between the two sides, supporters have arranged a match between Bohs fans and Rovers Ultras.
Dalymount Park will host the game."

Also see here (http://www.srfcultras.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5382)

This seems like a brilliant idea to me. Bohs and Rovers fans playing each other in a proper game in a proper stadium.
Maybe we should do something similar?

Xlex
27/04/2004, 8:28 AM
you should find a rival to play against so. But then againwith Dolan's everyone's against us BS we should have a CCFC against the rest game.... ;)

Seriously, all you need for a proper game is a proper pitch, the stadium is glamour.

Éanna
27/04/2004, 10:39 AM
yeah they've been talking about it for a while now. well done to all involved for organising it. I wonder will the Herlad have a front page story on this too :rolleyes:

CharlesThompson
29/04/2004, 9:16 AM
So far the Tribune, the Star and Aertel have been in touch about this. Newstalk may do something on it tonight also. It would be nice to get something positive in the front section of a newspaper instead of negative stuff!

Are there any neutrals coming to the game? :cool:

pete
29/04/2004, 9:49 AM
Are there any neutrals coming to the game?

Are there any neutrals with Bohs 'n Rovers?

;)

Neish
29/04/2004, 12:30 PM
Fair play to both sets of Supporters and **** the Hearld it seems most Irish papers are only interested in covering the bad side of Irish footie

Robinski
30/04/2004, 3:42 PM
I'm glad to hear this is still going ahead. It's a real two fingers to the Herald for the bad publicity it's been giving the eL recently.

Hopefully there'll be a good crowd there. I hope the FAI send someone to this, as it now seems to be up to the fans to create positive media attention for the league the FAI should be promoting.

max power
30/04/2004, 3:44 PM
judging by the kicking we gave cork the last time, would there be any point in a full game :p

Beavis
05/05/2004, 10:28 AM
Did this match go ahead in the end?Can't find any info on how it went.....

DvB
05/05/2004, 10:37 AM
Did this match go ahead in the end?Can't find any info on how it went.....

It did indeed, Rovers won 8-0!!
Great day all round!! ( Unless you're a gypo of course!! :D )

Koh