PDA

View Full Version : Bring Back Dave Barry

Echo Boy
26/04/2004, 4:18 PM
Lets bring back Dave Barry as I am sick to F*** of Dolan and his pipedreams of City being the Number 1 club in the country. The Guy is spoof and I have even heard from one of the squad members in the team that most of players think likewise... DOLAN OUT, DAVE BARRY IN.

adamcarr
26/04/2004, 4:38 PM
Do you have anything proper to say as all you ever post is bullsh*t :rolleyes:

Colm
26/04/2004, 5:00 PM
I am sick to F*** of Dolan and his pipedreams of City being the Number 1 club in the country.

Pipedreams?
So you'd rather if we were always second best? Do you think we should never bother even trying to be the very best? Should we just let the "big" Dublin clubs walk all over us forever?

Idiot!

jofyisgod
26/04/2004, 5:36 PM
Do you have anything proper to say as all you ever post is bullsh*t :rolleyes:

Agree completely. Can we get him banned Administrators? :confused:

Gary
26/04/2004, 5:41 PM
Looks like we have the new "goalside".

Go away and say something with a bit of thought will ya. Criticise by all means, but if u have to, make it constructive.

ccfcman
26/04/2004, 6:27 PM
i'd site an emphasis on the boy in echoBOY judging by previous posts,go away and do some homework [shít speakin' of the old leavin'..... :confused: ]

razor
27/04/2004, 9:09 AM
Lads,
Football is a game of opinions.
EchoBoys reaction to Citys plight may be more "xtreme" than most but he is still entitled to his say on the matter.

I don't necessarily agree with him but I don't think he should be banned for saying what he thinks either.

Éanna
27/04/2004, 9:56 AM
Lets bring back Dave Barry as I am sick to F*** of Dolan and his pipedreams of City being the Number 1 club in the country. The Guy is spoof and I have even heard from one of the squad members in the team that most of players think likewise... DOLAN OUT, DAVE BARRY IN.
Who are ya? ****in Noel Spillage? Sure why not bring back Barry- yeah, so we can have a tactical moron who'll get us to second or third every season and we can be happy with that. Why bother with professionalism. Why bother trying to improve the club? Why bother with quality players like George and Flynn- lets bring back Johnny c and Deccie and Hartigan and all of Dave's other buddies :rolleyes:

Barry was only Gunther with a personality for ****s sake. He'd get us relegated. The league has moved on since those glorious days of fags at half time and pints at full time

Éanna
27/04/2004, 12:09 PM
Would this be possibly from the same poster
whats the point in talking ****e if you can't contradict yourself too :D

Troy.McClure
27/04/2004, 1:20 PM
lets bring back Johnny c and Deccie and Hartigan and all of Dave's other buddies :rolleyes:

Barry was only Gunther with a personality for ****s sake. He'd get us relegated. The league has moved on since those glorious days of fags at half time and pints at full time

While I agree with you about the 'fags at half time', I dont think that such an attack on Dave Barry is fair, the guy is a City ledgend! The same for Jonny C and Deccie (and in an alternate universe, Hartigan ;) ) When he took over he turned us from a religation team to one that was close to winning the league (if it wasnt for that pesky Pad Dolan ;) ).
Lighten up Eanna and get over Gunther!

Colm
27/04/2004, 3:40 PM
I dont think that such an attack on Dave Barry is fair, the guy is a City ledgend!

There's no doubt that he is a City legend and that during his time as manager we did alright but I think the point Eanna is making, and one which I agree with, is that Davy wouldn't know how to manage a team to even moderate success now.... the league has moved on, and it now requires total dedication (that means no distactions of any sort) and professionalism. Dave Barry certainly doesn't fit this description.

Let's not forget that the man who prevented Barry from winning us the league on a few occasions was a certain Mr. Pat Dolan. Back then we would have given anything for Dolan to be our manager, we have him now and some people still aren't happy.

tiktok
27/04/2004, 3:48 PM
Dave Barry was a great guy, but I'm with the lads, he wouldn't fit the bill now.

Not to be cruel either, but he wasn't the best tactically, does anybody else remember the distinct lack of a 'plan B' or tactical substitutions. Before anybody brings up Dolans lackings, can I remind you that we would have won the league 'that' season if we'd drawn just one game with Pat's instead of losing all three. As was said, he was just gunther with a personality.

I guess echoboy is just hoping Dolan is more than just the personality.

Éanna
27/04/2004, 3:54 PM
While I agree with you about the 'fags at half time', I dont think that such an attack on Dave Barry is fair, the guy is a City ledgend!
there are a lot of people who's opinion of DB is far higher than mine, and thats fair enough. I only saw him play a few times, and when I started supporting city regularly he was already the manager. He had a lot of great qualities and did a great job, but he belongs to the past, a different era when things were run in a far more amateur way. I don't want us to go back to that.

Dave Barry was a great guy, but I'm with the lads, he wouldn't fit the bill now.

Not to be cruel either, but he wasn't the best tactically, does anybody else remember the distinct lack of a 'plan B' or tactical substitutions. Before anybody brings up Dolans lackings, can I remind you that we would have won the league 'that' season if we'd drawn just one game with Pat's instead of losing all three. As was said, he was just gunther with a personality.

I guess echoboy is just hoping Dolan is more than just the personality.
exactly

mickrev
28/04/2004, 3:51 PM
Why bother trying to improve the club? Why bother with quality players like George and Flynn- lets bring back Johnny c and Deccie and Hartigan and all of Dave's other buddies

Wasn't it Gunther who signed George and Flynn.

Éanna
28/04/2004, 5:27 PM
This is all the same discussion as we had two years ago. Even Gunthers harshest critics (myself included) agreed he knew how to spot a good player, he just didn't know what to do once he'd signed them. the guy is a great scout, not a manager.