PDA

View Full Version : All-Ireland Hurling Final

Jinxy
06/09/2010, 9:27 AM
F*ck me, what a game.
Fully deserved win for Tipp and with so many u-21's on the team I can see them winning a few more.
KK raised the bar but Tipp are now at the same level.
Epic stuff.
Well done to both sets of players for giving us such a fantastic sporting occasion.

passinginterest
06/09/2010, 9:41 AM
Very good game, really didn't think Tipp would have the mental and physical strenght to hold on at the end but they did and more. The desire to win a first seemed to be greater than the desire to win a 5th. The game was scrappy in parts but entertaining none the less.
Who won man of the match by the way? I missed it somewhere along the way, I thought Maher the number 7 for Tipp was the best player on the pitch.

eamo1
06/09/2010, 9:56 AM
Lar Corbett got Man of the Match.Its kinda annoying how Rte often (not always) give it to whoever scored the most goals in a game when that doesnt mean he was the outstanding player in that game.I thought Padric Maher should have got it or their 2 midfielders,its not often you see Kilkenny get dominated in Midfield.
An incredible game.Drogba or Ronaldo wouldnt have lasted 2 minutes out there,was hard but (mostly) fair hitting.

Aberdonian Stu
06/09/2010, 10:02 AM
I was there and thought Corbett deserved it. The only visible thing from the telly was his goal scoring but he made a huge difference to the attack by dragging defenders all over the half, creating holes for everyone else around him.

Den Perry
06/09/2010, 11:15 AM
I was there and thought Corbett deserved it. The only visible thing from the telly was his goal scoring but he made a huge difference to the attack by dragging defenders all over the half, creating holes for everyone else around him.

What a win. Fantastic. Padraic Maher was brilliant, but anybody who scores a hat-trick in All ireland final has to have put in a special performance. Agree with Stu, though, Corbett's movement was brilliant .
Hard luck to Kilkenny though, they were great champions and always appeared humble.Here's hoping for a long period of domination by the Premier

UP TIPP

Jinxy
06/09/2010, 11:16 AM
Yeah I thought Maher was outstanding.
Still only u-21 as well.
He could be one of the greats as could Noel McGrath.