PDA

View Full Version : LoI fans

dcfcsteve
27/08/2010, 4:09 PM
My first game was a league cup game between the Kerry League and Waterford United. Kerry won as well in a shoot-out!

A shoot-out ?! :eek:

Sounds more like an away fixture against the Limerick League....

the-blue-harp
01/09/2010, 4:31 PM

or the derry and district league!!

A N Mouse
02/09/2010, 11:48 AM
or the derry and district league!!

Surely that would be an international friendly :p

Lim till i die
02/09/2010, 7:39 PM

Or The Parachute Regiment :bulgy:

First started going in 94 I think, my following the club has coincided with the most glorious part of Limericks history. Have missed one game home or away in the last three years so I'm a proper sucker at this stage.

Fry
03/09/2010, 12:23 PM
We've no sense of humour on this particular matter.
Then you (plural) shouldn't make similar jokes about people's situations.

Lim till i die
04/09/2010, 1:44 AM
I could be misinterpreting here Lim but if I understand,
"Or The Parachute Regiment http://foot.../images/smilies-void/bulgy.png",
in reply to a post by a Derry City fan using the words "shoot-out", I would strongly advise against being a smart-arse in this context if you ever take a trip up here. We've no sense of humour on this particular matter.

Same way we've no sense of humour about shootings in Limerick.........

bullit
04/09/2010, 1:53 AM
Or a book by Frank McCourt,lets not make fun of a historical tragedy in this countrys history.

Lim till i die
04/09/2010, 1:57 AM
Or a book by Frank McCourt,lets not make fun of a historical tragedy in this countrys history.

Irish city in being a poverty stricken $hitehole in the 1940s shocker. :bulgy:

I've no problem with Frank McCourts book, only telling (broadly speaking) facts.

I've had friends murdered, so steves comment to me was actually about as funny and clever as, well, as bloody sunday.

bullit
04/09/2010, 4:07 AM
A sharpish withdrawl of your comments there LTID.
Chucky:island:
Edit: We seen the **** you posted!
Northereners,always the victims!!

osarusan
04/09/2010, 12:11 PM
"Then you (plural) shouldn't make similar jokes about people's situations."
Don't know where you (singular) are from Fry, but I (emphatic) don't think that an ill-advised comment by Steve (3rd person singular) should result in a remark from Limtillhedies (singular, vulgar) which is out of all proportion, and undoubtedly grossly offensive to me, anyone from Derry, and anybody with half an ounce of decency on the Island (plural, dative, collective). I also think I have the right to point that out, and to point out that Steve's original remark was reprehensible, without being lectured by a pompous smartarse like you (singular, comparitive, self-righteous)

Ironic that in a post like that you would accuse somebody else of pomposity.

And one of your grammatical explanations is incorrect.

Lim till i die
04/09/2010, 1:03 PM
A sharpish withdrawl of your comments there LTID.
Chucky:island:
Edit: We seen the **** you posted!
Northereners,always the victims!!

Ya, I withdrew it because I HAVEN'T A NOTION OF GETTING INTO IT.

Its the internet, I really couldn't be bothered.

I'm even going to edit some more of my posts now, I'm AWFUL.

Lim till i die
04/09/2010, 1:44 PM
I'm struggling to understand how these diagrams would look??

Are they just portraits of me and steve or what?? :confused:

Nah, it doesn't make sense, your diagrams idea sounds really stupid to be honest.

Btw, since you last posted, there's me replying to you once and osarusan replying to you once so why you even felt the need to write that big long spiel?? :confused:

Overall:

http://common.tycoonresearch.com/assets/image/04072009_confusing.jpg

LK37oldskool
04/09/2010, 6:25 PM
I'm going to leave the diagrams to your imagination, and I think we're starting to go round in circles. I feel like I've got involved in a fight in the pub, while the f****r who started it (that'll be you Steve) has sneaked out the back door!

You lot should just be grateful we allow you play in our league at all, who do you think you are taken the moral high ground,we all live we tragadies and bad grammer? -get over it!

bluewhitearmy
04/09/2010, 7:40 PM
Maseanjo how exactly is what ltid said in any way worse then what was said first?

Sam_Heggy
04/09/2010, 8:14 PM
So, did anyone see big brother last night?

dcfcsteve
04/09/2010, 10:10 PM
I feel like I've got involved in a fight in the pub, while the f****r who started it (that'll be you Steve) has sneaked out the back door!

I'm over by the pool table with everyone else looking back and wondering what the fcuk's wrong with you weirdos......:D

There must have been a two-for-one sale on sense of humour by-pass operations recently..... ;)

dcfcsteve
04/09/2010, 10:12 PM
Or The Parachute Regiment :bulgy:

Ironically, given the last page of this thread, that wasn't even a shoot-out LTID. As it only involved one side shooting.... :rolleyes:

If you're gonna snipe at people, at least do it right...... :monkey:

bluewhitearmy
04/09/2010, 10:21 PM
"Maseanjo how exactly is what ltid said in any way worse then what was said first?"
Jesus wept, I've been transported to some parallel universe where I have to argue about which is worse drugs (and other) murders in Limerick or Bloody Sunday. You're like naughty school boys justifying your actions with "yeah but they were all doing it as well!"
It might be worth noting that deaths in Limerick are inflicted largely by citizens of Limerick upon other citizens of your wonderful city (some undoubtedly innocent of wrongdoing, others perhaps not), whereas the 1972 killings were by the British Army, the representatives of the state whose duty it was supposed to be to protect the citizens within it's jurisdiction. For these reasons most of the civilised world, including the current British Prime Minister, seem to have accepted that these events occupy a particularly infamous position in the history of our Islands, which resulted in massively increased recruitment to the IRA both North and South, and prolonged a conflict for more than 20 years which caused the death of well over 3000 people again both North and South. This is on a different level to Limerick's unfortunate crime problem, and indeed at least one squalid killing here in Derry recently where former republican "comrades-in-arms" end up murdering each other, doubtless over drugs.
Ltid's comment is worse than Steve's in the same way that making fun about the victims of the Omagh bomb would be worse than an ill-judged remark in poor taste about AIDS victims deserving it because they're all drug-users. The AIDS comment would prolong a mistaken stereotype, be misleading and reprehensible, but the Omagh one would be even worse. I have never defended the original comment, and I repeat it still doesn't excuse the second one (QED, I hope)
Moving on to other matters Sam, is it wrong of me to sort of fancy Davina in a dominatrix sort of way?
LK37, I'm so grateful to you for allowing me to support LOI, in some ways it's almost as if you're accepting me as being Irish. How nice of you.
Hammer, you don't seem to realise that this has turned into a thread where I single-handedly battle the whole of the city of Limerick about their attitude problem!

Innocent people killed is innocent people killed who did it makes no more or less serious.

Makes it less serious that a friend of mine and a member of my family were killed because it was someone from Limerick that did it is it?

Ltid comment would never have come up if the 1st stupid comment wasn't made.

You go on about ltids comment does it come into your head that maybe he was angry because as he said someone he knew was killed i know i could have very easily said something like he did after the first comment.

bluewhitearmy
04/09/2010, 10:27 PM
Steves comments got to me for obvious reasons as ltids did to you for obvious reason best to leave it at that i reckon. Thread gone way way off topic by the way.

osarusan
04/09/2010, 10:59 PM
I'm amazed that anybody would be so insulted by some clearly flippant remarks posted by internet nobodies.

thischarmingman
04/09/2010, 11:17 PM
http://www.jesseshunting.com/photopost/data/500/someones_wrong_on_internet.png

pineapple stu
05/09/2010, 7:37 PM
Eh, that's enough of that so.