PDA

View Full Version : Roy Keane out of Poland squad

Pages : [1] 2

One Brian Kerr
26/04/2004, 1:18 PM
http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.dor?STORY_NAME=soccer/04/04/26/SOCCER_Republic.html

Roy Keane has pulled out of the squad

Maz
26/04/2004, 1:20 PM
another one bites the dust (sing along) :(

PaulB
26/04/2004, 1:22 PM
I'm just waiting for the posts to come flooding in, won't be too long now...

Plastic Paddy
26/04/2004, 1:24 PM
Well, I'm no fan of Keane, but this withdrawal and his recent behaviour in respect of wanting to play for Ireland seem genuine enough. I'll take him at his word on this, as I'm sure will many others.

:) PP

Littlest Hobo
26/04/2004, 1:26 PM
another one bites the dust (sing along) :(

Sod it..lets not bother going to Poland :rolleyes:
Could be a team worth fielding :confused:

Given

Maybury
Cunningham
O' Brien
O Shea

S. Reid
Miller
Douglas
A.Reid

Keane
& that geezer from sowf landon :(

PaulB
26/04/2004, 1:26 PM
Good man PP, glad to see common sense prevailing. Should be interesting to see how all the younger lads cope as well without the Senior Players.

Maz
26/04/2004, 1:27 PM
serious amount of players have pulled out...... www.fai.ie have confirmed jason byrnes call up

max power
26/04/2004, 1:28 PM
well all others sites are saying he came through the training session with no problems....robbie on the other hand is a doubt with a head injury for yesterday ( is a hangover considered a head injury ??)

Littlest Hobo
26/04/2004, 1:37 PM
To be fair to the Brat...he was sh*t on Sat.,& did look like he'd pulled up!& of course,Fergie stuck his awe in.....

Face it,people,IF he was still good....you might have a case.....

RMK's an old crock,with 2-3 games left in him for Ireland,if that......Wake up!

Silly tosser from the bogs..should p**s off back home. Retire you fool..we don't need you :D

Plastic Paddy
26/04/2004, 1:44 PM
Silly tosser from the bogs..should p**s off back home. Retire you fool..we don't need you :D

Who are you referring to - Davros or RMK? :eek: ;)

:D PP

Littlest Hobo
26/04/2004, 1:46 PM
Who are you referring to - Davros or RMK? :eek: ;)

roy 'traitor' keane 'as sh*te'....from the bogs of bogland. :D

razor
26/04/2004, 1:49 PM
roy 'traitor' keane 'as sh*te'....from the bogs of bogland. :D

Be careful not to drag your knuckles as you go there.
Don't be blinded by the light, learn the facts.

PaulB
26/04/2004, 1:51 PM

Oh Yeah, let's stick with Matty Holland et all, they'll do f***** wonders for us. Did you see what went on in Basel and the other qualifiers ?

let's not start all this **** over again!

Littlest Hobo
26/04/2004, 2:06 PM
Oh Yeah, let's stick with Matty Holland et all, they'll do f***** wonders for us. Did you see what went on in Basel and the other qualifiers ?

let's not start all this **** over again!

Could'nt be bothered turning up when we needed him most :rolleyes:
Some excuse from the Man Yoo scum about doctors reports of bad hips :mad: and only playing for them. Sickening :mad:

Littlest Hobo
26/04/2004, 2:10 PM
Anyway....can't see him last the pace during the qualifiers :D

Éanna
26/04/2004, 2:11 PM
Roy Keane has been forced to withdraw from the Irish squad for the friendly international with Poland. from www.fai.ie

Wonder who forced him? Wouldn't be a scottish fella who answers to the name of Sir Alex would it. Wonder what odds I'd have got in the bookies on him doing this? Same ol' keano, always judas

Littlest Hobo
26/04/2004, 2:12 PM
from www.fai.ie

Wonder who forced him? Wouldn't be a scottish fella who answers to the name of Sir Alex would it. Wonder what odds I'd have got in the bookies on him doing this? Same ol' keano, always judas

Words of wisdom there eanna ;)

PaulB
26/04/2004, 2:12 PM
Could'nt be bothered turning up when we needed him most :rolleyes:
Some excuse from the Man Yoo scum about doctors reports of bad hips :mad: and only playing for them. Sickening :mad:

I couldn't be arsed! Stay in gods fecken' country!

Littlest Hobo
26/04/2004, 2:15 PM
I couldn't be arsed! Stay in gods fecken' country!
your living in it boy :D

Plastic Paddy
26/04/2004, 2:17 PM
Well, I'm no fan of Keane, but this withdrawal and his recent behaviour in respect of wanting to play for Ireland seem genuine enough. I'll take him at his word on this, as I'm sure will many others.

I think it's rather churlish and indeed egotistical to quote yourself. However, it's probably worth restating the above before this thread degenerates any further.

gustavo
26/04/2004, 2:19 PM
fair play to ya pp you echo my sentiments exactly on this issue , roy genuinely does want to play for us again so good luck to him i say

Littlest Hobo
26/04/2004, 2:22 PM
I think it's rather churlish and indeed egotistical to quote yourself. However, it's probably worth restating the above before this thread degenerates any further.

good for you PP...that's your opinion. Keane cannot be trusted!! He's not at all genuine. That nonsense about playing again :rolleyes:
It will be the same old story against romania and holland etc.... ;)

Plastic Paddy
26/04/2004, 2:27 PM
good for you PP...that's your opinion. Keane cannot be trusted!! He's not at all genuine. That nonsense about playing again :rolleyes:
It will be the same old story against romania and holland etc.... ;)

Let's wait and see, Hobo. I've no time for him personally, but for the sake of my country's football team, I'm giving him a second chance. It would be nice if we could all see fit to do the same.

Littlest Hobo
26/04/2004, 2:43 PM
Let's wait and see, Hobo. I've no time for him personally, but for the sake of my country's football team, I'm giving him a second chance. It would be nice if we could all see fit to do the same.

ideal world yes.....real world can't see it happen.
A BIG 'if' he plays and gets us through, then fair enough :rolleyes:

NeilMcD
26/04/2004, 3:29 PM
Keane is not the only one pulling out there have been a few others, so to isolate him and say he is a traitor is ignoring the facts and just bringing your own prejudice into the debate. Do people actually think that keane has decided to come back for Ireland to pull out of every squad cause that would nto make sense from any perspective. What cant people trust Brian kerr and Chris Hughton on this and listen to their comments. Keane was upset that he could not go as he was desperate to travel. Delap, Holland, Kilbane, Carr have all pulled out too due to injury, its the nature of April friendlies it always happens and always will. IF someone has a bit of knock in April it is not worth risking it no matter if they are Roy Keane or Kevin Kilbane. Treat every player equally but too many people here have other agendas going on which clouds their judgement.

Maz
26/04/2004, 3:31 PM
Keane is not the only one pulling out there have been a few others, .

a few.....half da squad like!!

Éanna
26/04/2004, 3:33 PM
Treat every player equally
what you mean give them all the same facilities in Saipan etc?! :rolleyes: The others stood by their country in the world cup and the last qualifying campaign. He has to earn the right to equal treatment and this won't help.

just a bit too convenient is all

4tothefloor
26/04/2004, 3:38 PM
Sky News said he was upset about it and wanted to travel, but Kerr said no as he didn't see the point in it. Which makes sense. He has been injured recently, and played within himself on saturday :), so I don't think there's anything suspect about this.

Keane going on the trip injured would have really got Fergie's blood boiling, so thats why Kerr vetoed it i'd say.

NeilMcD
26/04/2004, 3:43 PM
yes you all wise people no more than Brian Kerr and Chris Hughton. YOu have caught on to roy keanes big plot to make us look like fools, whereas experts who have more footballing experience in their little toes than anyboy on this board, have fallen for it hook line and sinker. Get real and i think its pretty sad that you are letting personal grievances effect your opinions like that. I trust Kerr and Chris Hughton as they know much more about football and coaching and the exact details of keanes injury and every other players injury than I do. But of course you are all know much more than either of these do

tiktok
26/04/2004, 3:53 PM
The injury was decided on by the Irish set-up at the training facility in ireland, Man utd had nothing to do with it. Can't believe the rubbish being written here (again! what's happening to this forum).

It's late in what was a very long season, loads of players have pulled out, Hughton and Kerr have both come out saying Keane wanted to travel but the management decided there would be no point because he wouldn't figure due to the injury, but obviously keano is a traitor again because you're all "in the know" as to exactly what's going on in the man's mind :mad:

There used to be decent debates backed up by decent arguments on foot.ie :( , seems to be a thing of the past.

brendy_éire
26/04/2004, 3:58 PM
Roy Keane has pulled out of the squad

YAY! :D

God is on our side! :D (well, if RMK is to be believed....which I don't really)

Declan_Michael
26/04/2004, 4:03 PM
As someone said a while back it'll all end in tears. Never mind his injury the guy is a way past his best (of 1998/99) can't see him being at United much longer. Good riddance

Littlest Hobo
26/04/2004, 4:20 PM
Sky News said he was upset about it and wanted to travel, but Kerr said no as he didn't see the point in it. Which makes sense. He has been injured recently, and played within himself on saturday :), so I don't think there's anything suspect about this.

Keane going on the trip injured would have really got Fergie's blood boiling, so thats why Kerr vetoed it i'd say.

My fat a**e :rolleyes: Once a traitor, always a judas :mad:
As for Fergie...always too much say on the matter. Should have left keane alone to his own devices in the first place :rolleyes:

finlma
26/04/2004, 4:36 PM
There are some very bitter people on this board. Forget about it, Keane is here to play for Ireland cause he wants to. Its unfortunate that he's got injured, but he'll be here for the next game.
It was great to see him in Lansdowne yesterday supporting Munster. I was in a pub in London and there was a big cheer when he appeared on the screen. I think all you outspoken people with chips on your shoulders (Just like Mick) are in the minority.

slow2anger
26/04/2004, 4:41 PM
Forget about it, Keane is here to play for Ireland cause he wants to. Its unfortunate that he's got injured, but he'll be here for the next game.
Can't agree - Next game is a friendly too, what will his excuse be for that?

Bet any money he will be fit on the eve of the French game - the only game he is interested in.

Dodge
26/04/2004, 5:16 PM
YAY! :D

God is on our side! :D
Better than that he's manager....

Condex
26/04/2004, 6:05 PM
Seems like the anti-Keane brigade are out in force, some with very few posts under their belts, mostikely the same person.

I'm in Poland and half the bloody squad has pulled out, anyway the scenery is good and the beer is cheap.

Great place 5zlotys or one euro for a pint of beer.

Footie_Fan
26/04/2004, 6:12 PM
I believe Roy, Kerr and Hughton that he is carrying a knock. And from the sounds of things he did desperately want to travel.

On the eve of the FA Cup Final it's not worth it. Kerr is treating Roy like any other player. For example, say Damien Duff was carrying a knock and the FA Cup Final was a couple of days away of course he would be sent home rather than risked in a meaningless friendly in Poland.

And it's not like Roy is the only player to pull out, half the orginal squad are injured.

ElSieteSecretos
26/04/2004, 6:44 PM
It means that possibly 10 players from the original squad are missing

This is a stupid time for a friendly, with all the teams in important games and so much injuries this time of year!! It sounds like the Ireland B Team will be really going over ! :eek:

RedX
26/04/2004, 8:06 PM
I dont know which of you lads are more bitter?..maybe Eanna?..maybe micheal declan micheal or whatever you call yourself or maybe that NORTHERN IRELAND MOANER brendy.. :confused:

AGAIN..welcome back Roy ;)

davyboy
26/04/2004, 8:58 PM

just hope its not a sign of things to come from keano. I want to believe he wanted to go to poland for this game. i hope anyway!!!

brendy_éire
26/04/2004, 10:19 PM
I dont know which of you lads are more bitter?..maybe Eanna?..maybe micheal declan micheal or whatever you call yourself or maybe that NORTHERN IRELAND MOANER brendy.. :confused:

:rolleyes: You again. Christ, give it up mucker, any chance?

tricky_colour
27/04/2004, 1:07 AM
Seems like the anti-Keane brigade are out in force, some with very few posts under their belts, mostikely the same person.

I'm in Poland and half the bloody squad has pulled out, anyway the scenery is good and the beer is cheap.

Well if a few more players pull out you might get a game yourself, so
stay off the beer!! :p

PaulB
27/04/2004, 7:56 AM
Don't know about anyone else, disappointed Roy is out, but I'm thrilled to bits for all the journos' who went to Poland just cause keane was turning up. Heard about one from a London paper who went London-Dublin-London-Frankfurt-Warsaw, and than a 3-hour Bus Journey. Sent by his paper just cause Roy was back. Good enough..

Plastic Paddy
27/04/2004, 8:19 AM
Don't know about anyone else, disappointed Roy is out, but I'm thrilled to bits for all the journos' who went to Poland just cause keane was turning up. Heard about one from a London paper who went London-Dublin-London-Frankfurt-Warsaw, and than a 3-hour Bus Journey. Sent by his paper just cause Roy was back. Good enough..

Well, if it ensures our game gets a decent bit of coverage in the London press - for once - then I'm all for it. ;)

only1kilbane
27/04/2004, 8:20 AM
I for one am one of the biggest anti keanos around but he is back so lets get on with it. This seemed a genuine injury and you can see from saturday he looked far from fully fit. If the fans are bickering like we are why do we expect any more from the players ? Its time for the fans and players to be playing as one and create the atmosphere we need not sniping at each other.

petef
27/04/2004, 9:03 AM
Just support the team, this is getting very tiresome and quite frankly boring. Theres greater and better things to worry about.

Éanna
27/04/2004, 10:07 AM

AGAIN..welcome back Roy ;)
All I said was I wasn't surprised. Same way it doesn't surprise me when Giggs pulls out of a Wales friendly etc

NeilMcD
27/04/2004, 3:56 PM
[Credit where it's due please. --adam]

Keane disappointed (http://www.fai.ie/NR/exeres/D6A1483C-3F7F-4B95-A9D2-1C9EE2F07486.htm)
27 April 2004

Roy Keane may have pulled out of the squad through injury, but the subject is still dominating conversations and manager Brian Kerr insisted that, injury permitting, he will be involved in the forthcoming summer friendlies.

Keane picked up a hamstring strain while playing for Manchester United against Liverpool on Saturday, but still reported for duty and took part in a light training session on Monday morning in Dublin.

However, following the session, Keane withdrew from the squad and returned to Manchester.

Kerr said: “He genuinely was very disappointed not to be coming. There was no reason to it other than the hamstring.

“I don’t know was there any suggestion of anything else. Maybe the lateness of it may have led to some suggestions, but I can assure you that it was nothing other than the hamstring.

“His withdrawal was just like Mattie Holland’s and David Connolly’s. Both game in, the medical team looked at them and felt they wouldn’t be in the right way to play in the match.

“Roy came in and although he trained, he wasn’t right.”

And Kerr insisted that Keane will, injury permitting, be involved in the forthcoming friendies against Romania at Lansdowne Road and Holland in Amsterdam.

“He can’t expect to be in the team for the first game in the World Cup, irrespective of who the player is. If any other player was out of the team with a long-term injury you couldn’t expect them to come straight back in.”

NeilMcD
27/04/2004, 4:19 PM
its the FAI, website, and you are a sad sad man and please get a life and not comment on every comment i make I feel like you are stalking my posts. Go get your own website where you can laugh at your own sad jokes