PDA

View Full Version : Don't be too hard on your team

SeanDrog
26/04/2004, 7:59 AM
By the sounds of the match Cork looked very ordinary the other night, but I wouldn't be too hard on them. The Drogs have now had 5 clean sheets in a row and all the opposition (including Rovers, Derry and Bohs) have all looked very ordinary - up to now I thought we were playing teams on their off day but 5 in a row suggests something more. I am beginning to think that Doolin is putting out his players to cancel out the other teams attacking capabilities, and by the results he is being very effective at it - you probably saw this on Friday night.

One thing we have seen with Doolin since he arrived, it was his attention to detail, he knows the opposition inside out and he lives/breaths/eats football. He probably had the team training all week on arious things each player had to do in the Cork game to remove your various threats.

This style although very subtle is very effective and it can make it drogs look quite an ordinary side also (as attacking flair is sacificed) - but who can argue with 5 clean sheets.