PDA

View Full Version : London Pub for tomorrow?

Polster
02/09/2010, 12:13 PM
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone would recommend a particular central london pub for the game tomorrow? I normally frequent the Well out in Palmers Green or the 12 pins in Finsbury Park. However will be working down west tomorrow and probably easiest to get back up to a more central pub at that time.

Was thinking maybe The Tavern in Euston? Any other suggestions appreciated.

paul_oshea
02/09/2010, 12:40 PM
what time is kick off again?

Polster I reckon a good place to watch it would be The sheephaven in mornington crescent, good soccer pub and lots of memorabilia all over the shop.

Duggie
02/09/2010, 12:48 PM
4pm our time

paul_oshea
02/09/2010, 12:49 PM
that would be 4pm english time too duggie ;) :P :D

Duggie
02/09/2010, 12:50 PM
yes i know that!!!

Stuttgart88
02/09/2010, 4:25 PM
what time is kick off again?

Polster I reckon a good place to watch it would be The sheephaven in mornington crescent, good soccer pub and lots of memorabilia all over the shop.Great pub, only a short walk from Euston.

I may watch it in Corrib Rest, Queens Park tube, NW6. I may have 2 young kids with me though.

paul_oshea
02/09/2010, 4:53 PM
yes it is stutts, lovely food and mr logue is a gent. some great memorabilia there as well. makes you feel like you are drinking in a proper irish soccer pub.

I'm going to watch it in the claddagh ring in hendon i think as i wont have time to get anywhere else.

bennocelt
02/09/2010, 5:06 PM
yes it is stutts, lovely food and mr logue is a gent. some great memorabilia there as well. makes you feel like you are drinking in a proper irish soccer pub.

I'm going to watch it in the claddagh ring in hendon i think as i wont have time to get anywhere else.

Just curious - what exactly is an Irish soccer pub like?

I will be in near south/west London tomorrow, so it will have to be either Doyles in south Wimbledon or the old haunt the Swan
Wonder will Doyles have any music on afterwards.......................

Stuttgart88
02/09/2010, 5:13 PM
There are pictures of Celtic all over the walls. How more Irish do you want?

I watched Rovers v Juventus there, very good pub. Managed and staffed by Irish (plus a couple of fit eastern European birds) and they show lots of soccer. I think that's what Paul meant.

shakermaker1982
02/09/2010, 7:01 PM

I watched Rovers v Juventus there, very good pub. Managed and staffed by Irish (plus a couple of fit eastern European birds) and they show lots of soccer. I think that's what Paul meant.

Wish I lived in London now!

paul_oshea
02/09/2010, 9:49 PM

i didnt notice any celtic stuff there, but i did notice signed ireland soccer jerseys encased and hanging proudly on the walls along with italia 90 pictures and stuff. Actually there may have been some rugby ones too :m: ok maybe just irish pub then!!! :D

Crosby87
02/09/2010, 11:31 PM
Great pub, only a short walk from Euston.

I may watch it in Corrib Rest, Queens Park tube, NW6. I may have 2 young kids with me though.

Damn Stutts what kind of stuff are you into?:drool:

bennocelt
03/09/2010, 7:02 AM

Is that a joke?:D

Polster
03/09/2010, 7:44 AM
Great pub, only a short walk from Euston.

Cheers, whats a short walk from euston though?, looks a bit of a trek on google maps, might be best going up to mornington cresent stop on n line. Reckon I'll pop uo to this place anyway.

twoenz
03/09/2010, 8:50 AM
Here, anyone know anywhere decent in Belfast to watch the game today? I usually watch them in Queen's Union, but all my mates are off to the Picnic so I'm open to suggestions.

Stuttgart88
03/09/2010, 12:26 PM
Polster, anything less than 20 minutes is a short walk for me, but yes - Mornington Crescent is nearest.

Benno - yes, it was a joke though I thought at least one punter might have pounced on it.

Paul, there's a quality picture of Celtic fans in Seville in 2003 on the wall.

Oh, there's also a dart board. Heaven.

Polster
03/09/2010, 1:10 PM
Later leaving work, so its going to be O' Donoghue's in Shepherds bush, look like a traditional s**t hole, the kind I like.

paul_oshea
03/09/2010, 1:15 PM
Enjoy it anyway. Im trying to find out where i can park my car near the claddagh as all of them say permit holders only till 5pm....