PDA

View Full Version : One Big Weekend

brendy_éire
25/04/2004, 10:29 PM
Many southerns at it?

For those who haven't a clue what I'm on about: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/onebigweekend/2004/index.shtml?hp_lat_pic

Saturday was: Faithless, Pete Tong, Seb Fontaine, Judge Jules, Fergie, Armin Van Buuren, Agnelli & Nelson, Tall Paul, Col Hamilton.

Sunday was: Ash, Kelis, The Streets, Franz Ferdinand, Avril Lavigne, Keane, The LoveGods.

Absolutely brilliant, better than Witnness even. Saturday was brilliant. Seb Fontaine playing Teenage Kicks, Pete Tong, Judge Jules were amazing. Faithless with 'We Come One', 'God is a DJ', and the incredible 'Insomnia'. Finished with Tall Paul, played 'Holding Onto Nothing'. Just amazing. Drenched in sweat, beer and god knows what else. Nothing like it hi.

Sunday wasn't anywhere near as good. Franz Ferdinand was decent, the Streets weren't great, thought they would be better, I like their recorded stuff. Kelis was pish. Keane were decent. Avril Lavigne cannot sing to safe her life. But her band...feckin class hi! They should throw her out and go off on their on, they'd be pure sorted. Ash. Well, almost as good as Faithless. Gone up by 500 times in my respect for them. Came back on with an encore, played 'Teenage Kicks'.

The English don't do many things right, but feck, they organised one amazing gig. :D 10,000 people in a big tent. Cracker.

Come on RTÉ, give it a go yourselves! (it was all free, btw)