PDA

View Full Version : Webstream for Armenia Match

theleprechaun
01/09/2010, 2:36 AM
Could anyone tell me where I can watch the upcoming matches online? I recently moved to the US so I wont have RTE to watch the matches on. I have never before watched a match online so I haven't a clue to be honest about how it works. Thanks.

boovidge
01/09/2010, 2:56 AM
check myp2p.eu on the day of the match. there should be a few streams there.

irishfan86
01/09/2010, 2:57 AM
Go to myp2p.eu on the day of the game, and there will be links. I'd recommend trying to watch other games that will be shown on that site to download the programs beforehand and make sure everything works.

Download Sopcast, Veetle, any programs you think might be helpful.

Betting sites like bet365 and betfair stream some games, you could contact them to see if they'll be streaming this one.

If you're in trouble, come to the forum at kickoff and I'm sure there'll be a few links floating around.

WexCar
01/09/2010, 4:03 AM
Bet365 have the game listed on their live streaming schedule.

Feel a cough coming on, I may have to take a sick day on friday ;)

theworm2345
01/09/2010, 4:19 AM
If we're stuck Boo Boy usually bails us out with a stream

Hibs4Ever
01/09/2010, 6:21 AM
Open an account with Bet365, they are streaming the game and there quality is excellent

irishfan86
01/09/2010, 7:40 AM
Thanks for the info Hibs, I might just do that. Tired of unreliable illegal streams. Can you watch full screen on bet365?

Noelys Guitar
01/09/2010, 8:46 AM
www.streampro.tv is the one I use. Excellent quality and never breaks down.

Kingdom
01/09/2010, 9:07 AM
gents, sopcast and veetle, are they coshure downloads?

tetsujin1979
01/09/2010, 9:24 AM
gents, sopcast and veetle, are they coshure downloads?
yeah, they're both fine
Just ignore the option to install the ask.com toolbar when you install sopcast

Crosby87
01/09/2010, 11:28 AM
you just have to google it once game time comes and you will find something.

EastTerracer
01/09/2010, 12:06 PM
Unfortunately the bet365 option doesn't work in the US - they have a different schedule here due to TV rights issues. I found this out after I opened an account.

The game will be live on www.espn3.com (http://www.espn3.com) (a fully legitimate stream) but access is based on your internet provider (unfortunately Time Warner subscribers do not have access so that cuts off many people in New York). If you know somebody with Verizon or RCN internet access ask to borrow their password for Friday.

As the lads above mentioned Veetle and Sopcast are both good alternatives.

geysir
01/09/2010, 12:08 PM
The Chinese stations are a last resort, I don't mind the Arabic stations, sounds not unlike Connemara Gaelic.

theleprechaun
01/09/2010, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone.

Sullivinho
01/09/2010, 1:54 PM
Just ignore the option to install the ask.com toolbar when you install sopcast

Quoted for importance.

gilberto_eire
01/09/2010, 3:05 PM
You could always pay a fee for a proxy to bypass the IP blocker on the RTE website, i remember on a different site in relation to watching the GAA abroad, somebody linked a website that provides a masked IP that provides access to RTE, fee was fairly small too

tricky_colour
01/09/2010, 4:30 PM
The game kicks off at 4pm, much earlier than usual so do not het caught out thinking it is the usual evening kick-off.
So I guess that is 11AM in the USA, or earlier.

The good news is it does not clash with other 'big games' such as England for example so
lots of sites should be streaming it.

So it should be a case of deciding which is the best quality stream with English commentary.
If you use a sopcast link you can record it, although that could only be watched from start to finish, you can't rewind etc...

theleprechaun
01/09/2010, 9:54 PM
The game will be live on www.espn3.com (http://www.espn3.com) (a fully legitimate stream) but access is based on your internet provider (unfortunately Time Warner subscribers do not have access so that cuts off many people in New York). If you know somebody with Verizon or RCN internet access ask to borrow their password for Friday.
[/QUOTE]

Just checked ESPN3 out. I can watch the US Open Tennis on it now. Do you know if that means that I can watch everything on it i.e. will I also be able to watch the Ireland game or can everyone access certain things? Thanks. I apologise for my complete ignorance on the matter. I just want to make sure I will be able to watch it.

Sullivinho
01/09/2010, 10:03 PM
ust checked ESPN3 out. I can watch the US Open Tennis on it now. Do you know if that means that I can watch everything on it i.e. will I also be able to watch the Ireland game or can everyone access certain things? Thanks. I apologise for my complete ignorance on the matter. I just want to make sure I will be able to watch it.

I'd keep a handful of alternatives just in case. Found this in their FAQ:

"Why is an event blacked out?

This is because the event that you requested is not available on ESPN3 in your market. Blackouts apply to broadcasts that have been sold regionally or locally per league, conference and local rights holder agreements. Regional and local rights holders are usually broadcast stations or regional sports networks. Blackouts are implemented to protect the primary rights holder, as defined by the professional and college sports leagues or teams in a given market."

EastTerracer
01/09/2010, 11:29 PM
Just checked ESPN3 out. I can watch the US Open Tennis on it now. Do you know if that means that I can watch everything on it i.e. will I also be able to watch the Ireland game or can everyone access certain things? Thanks. I apologise for my complete ignorance on the matter. I just want to make sure I will be able to watch it.

I think you should be fine with espn3. I wasn't able to watch anything until I borrowed someone's password. Looks like you are sorted.

Premium Sports Inc have the PPV rights for the pubs but ESPN have the internet rights.

Colbert Report
01/09/2010, 11:33 PM
I'm desperate to see a recording of the match as it is on here at 9am on Friday morning. I can't get out of work for two hours so I'll have to look for a recording on in the internet later. Anyone know where I should go? I'm more than willing to pay for a legal source if it is available in Canada.

strangeirish
02/09/2010, 12:26 AM
I'm desperate to see a recording of the match as it is on here at 9am on Friday morning. I can't get out of work for two hours so I'll have to look for a recording on in the internet later. Anyone know where I should go? I'm more than willing to pay for a legal source if it is available in Canada.
This site (http://www.mysoccerplace.net/) may have it.

Crosby87
02/09/2010, 1:07 AM
The only thing about Espn3 is they list having all the qualifiers available...I cant believe they let people watch any of the qualifiers they want online for free? They have all those qualifiers going at the same time?... Thats great if so it just seems a little strange. I guess they just have advertising to make money off it of course or whatever it just seems too good to be true for someone who is going to be stuck at a work desk at 11 AM like me. I mean they lost Champions League to FOX but now they pay to have these available on a somewhat obscure website? It just seems like the kind of thing we always have to get pirated. Hope Im wrong and it works.

EastTerracer
02/09/2010, 1:43 AM
The only thing about Espn3 is they list having all the qualifiers available...I cant believe they let people watch any of the qualifiers they want online for free? They have all those qualifiers going at the same time?... Thats great if so it just seems a little strange. I guess they just have advertising to make money off it of course or whatever it just seems too good to be true for someone who is going to be stuck at a work desk at 11 AM like me. I mean they lost Champions League to FOX but now they pay to have these available on a somewhat obscure website? It just seems like the kind of thing we always have to get pirated. Hope Im wrong and it works.

Quote from http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1509205&page=4
"ESPN Inc. appears to have bought "3rd party" video rights (rights to matches outside the two participating countries) to Euro 2012 qualifiers from 3 agencies: SPORTFIVE, Kentaro, and Infront. These 3 agengies have the biggest portfolios of "2nd party" and "3rd party" media rights to the various FA's in Europe."

Liechtenstein v Spain will be shown live on ESPN Deportes but apart from that game none of the games are deemed attractive enough for ESPN to show on a regular channel. Fox Soccer Channel seem to have done a deal for England games but otherwise it looks like almost all the other qualifying games now belong to ESPN (and will be shown mostly on ESPN3). The cable companies / internet providers (apart from Time Warner) pay ESPN3 a fee for each internet subscriber so they are already making a lot of money. Finally they are spending it well.

If you search their archive they have the full 90 minutes of the Argentina game up there and all of the World Cup games as well.

theworm2345
02/09/2010, 3:00 AM
I can probably rip the game from ESPN3 is you can't access it and no one else caps it.

Also, forget about using proxies now unless you are able to use an SSH tunnel (don't ask me, I've never done it successfully). RTE have switched to Flash player for their live streams and Flash player can see through your browser's proxy, so basically you need to find a way to make your Flash player look like it is from Ireland if you are to go that route. Its a shame as that was a reliable method for me last campaign.

irishfan86
03/09/2010, 10:00 AM
I'm planning to watch on bet365 as I've just opened an account. Is there English commentary, or is it just a stadium feed or what?

Real ale Madrid
03/09/2010, 11:22 AM
bet 365 should have english commentary. It's not great ususally but does the job.

Noelys Guitar
03/09/2010, 11:53 AM
ESPN3 will be showing the match live and repeating the match but probably not until late tonight. It should be available for a few days after that.

Crosby87
03/09/2010, 12:00 PM
ESPN3 is where its at...thanks to you all for bringing it up, I would never had thought they would have soccer on there in a million years.
Lets chat on there when the game starts to my fellow time zone losers who can access it. My in game comments are massive.

paul_oshea
03/09/2010, 1:16 PM
it has a chat beside the feed crosby? that must be some feed.

irishfan86
03/09/2010, 1:18 PM
I'd join you crosby but I don't think I can access that in Canada. Probably some sort of loophole but whatever.

Noelys Guitar
03/09/2010, 1:37 PM
This is a perfect link for the game. You can watch this one anywhere in the World. http://www.streampro.tv/portal/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=96&Itemid=101&lang=en Put it up early (College football on ATM). Always perfect link.

thischarmingman
03/09/2010, 2:37 PM
You have to pay for the above link.

Here also, apparently:
http://livefooty.doctor-serv.com/fri3.9/Armenia_Ireland.php

tetsujin1979
03/09/2010, 2:43 PM
links updated on myp2p: http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=85527&part=sports