PDA

View Full Version : George Interview

niamh
25/04/2004, 9:49 AM
In the Sunday People, saying he was very disappointed with the fan booing the team off the pitch on Friday night, but also saying he feels he is not right for his current midfield role.
I was not at the Drogs game, but what he said about the team playing better away from the Cross because they don't feel under as much pressure is ridiculous.
How are the club going to win anything if you can play with a crowd around??

thecorner
25/04/2004, 10:23 AM
In the Sunday People, saying he was very disappointed with the fan booing the team off the pitch on Friday night, but also saying he feels he is not right for his current midfield role.
I was not at the Drogs game, but what he said about the team playing better away from the Cross because they don't feel under as much pressure is ridiculous.
How are the club going to win anything if you can play with a crowd around??

kind of disappointed with these comments from georgie. usent he play with port vale...did they ever have a crowd

2 seasons ago we went unbeaten at home in the league until the last game of the seaon.. what was wrong with seeeing a crowd then georgie

another smokescreen i thinks

thecorner
25/04/2004, 10:43 AM
also if that is the way georgie feels maybe we should all boycott one game and see how they perform without a crowd :)

city 4 life
25/04/2004, 11:54 AM
surprised about the comment about the crowd because i was talking to him before the SARI game last season and he was saying its not the same without the crowd.
Not surprised about his comment of being happier up front. I'd like to see him playing in tho hole behind flynnie and fenn or doyler.

jofyisgod
25/04/2004, 12:01 PM
George was made to play up front. Him and Doyler up front with Fenn either on the bench, or in midfield. Would be a lot better, until JOF comes back at least.

A face
25/04/2004, 1:00 PM
surprised about the comment about the crowd because i was talking to him before the SARI game last season and he was saying its not the same without the crowd.

But did you see him play in the SARI game ... he was excellent so maybe there is some truth in it !! :eek: :D

thecorner
25/04/2004, 1:09 PM
But did you see him play in the SARI game ... he was excellent so maybe there is some truth in it !! :eek: :D

lets boycott so and so how they enjoy playing before an empty turners cross

thats the only thing i can think of :rolleyes:

A face
25/04/2004, 1:29 PM
lets boycott so and so how they enjoy playing before an empty turners cross

thats the only thing i can think of :rolleyes:

You could try singing and getting behind the team unconditionally, just supporting them cos they're your team and you hope they do well.

That is an option you should consider !!

Colm
25/04/2004, 1:54 PM
I wouldn't read anything into what George said. If you have read the article in full, then you will see that he says the players feel the pressure from the large home crowd. Whereas away from home City have a 100% following form the City fans.

Yeah, I just read the article there and that's the point he's trying to make.
He's basically saying that at home the fans tend to get on the player backs and boo, shout abuse etc. (I suppose that's inevitable with so may sunshine supporters and so on) but at away games it's only the hardcore fans and they support the team properly and this helps them to get results.

So lads, support Dolan and the players and they will deliver. They've said the abuse and booing isn't helping so give it a rest and get behind the team.

thecorner
25/04/2004, 3:26 PM
You could try singing and getting behind the team unconditionally, just supporting them cos they're your team and you hope they do well.

That is an option you should consider !!
been doing that now for 8 games and where is it getting us

Ruairi
25/04/2004, 5:45 PM
been doing that now for 8 games and where is it getting us

corner if we were on top of the league with a 100% record and scored 57 and conceded none you'd find something to complain about :rolleyes:

pete
26/04/2004, 9:39 AM
I know its strange but IMO the tamosphere is better at the cross when maybe 3k there. Was sitting in the St Annes section for shel$ game & was dead up there. Got the impression most people up there treated the match as an aside to their conversations like in the pub.

thecorner
26/04/2004, 9:45 AM
corner if we were on top of the league with a 100% record and scored 57 and conceded none you'd find something to complain about :rolleyes:

dont think so ruairi

its all about results and they cant show us results

Éanna
26/04/2004, 2:48 PM
He's probably getting at the fact that most of our players get more abuse at home matches than they do at away matches :rolleyes: I am fed up of stupid old men like moses and his ilk roaring abuse at players every time they make a mistake. Fair enough if you want to tell a fella to cop on, wake the **** up or whatever but the sort of crap people give our players is disgusting

Éanna
27/04/2004, 11:27 AM
you should keep away from the Donie Forde...they have two targets this year..Fenn and George. For some reason they target the flair players.
Ah yes, our lovely friends over that way. not a peep out of them when city are playing well and winning. they only find their voices when they have a go at some poor ****er for showing a bit of talent :rolleyes:

wiseman
27/04/2004, 3:13 PM
you should keep away from the Donie Forde...they have two targets this year..Fenn and George. For some reason they target the flair players.

Maybe you should narrow that to certain people in the Donie Forde...I bought my season ticket there to support my team, as did the other people around me.
Anyhoo, the home atmosphere has been fairly dead for the last couple of seasons. Everyone joins in when City are winning, but the singing and chanting when the team are not doing so well is non existant.
As for the team reacting badly to the abuse from the crowd, Ollie + Colin made that point ages ago and nothing has changed since.

Éanna
27/04/2004, 4:13 PM
yes, sorry wiseman, you're right. I wasn't trying to tar everyone with the same brush. the abuse comes from all parts of the ground as moses so unhelpfully demonstrated last friday. I can't begin to understand the logic of people who go to the ground with (seemingly) the sole intention of abusing their own players :mad: