PDA

View Full Version : Lennox has got to be kidding

SSS
25/04/2004, 9:23 AM
Mr Brian says in his program notes that he thinks Drogs were on the ball with their plans to charge 20 euro for a stand seat....If he's setting down a marker for the future, he'll get a short response from me and plenty others.
As it is, season ticket holders are being screwed.

Also, I presume it is BL as much as PD who negotiated the Greg contract...PD made an interesting point on the BRB - how can Shams offer more than CCFC if we get up to 6ooo at a game and they get 500. Sounded like a stab at BL to be honest.

niamh
25/04/2004, 9:51 AM
Mr Brian says in his program notes that he thinks Drogs were on the ball with their plans to charge 20 euro for a stand seat....If he's setting down a marker for the future, he'll get a short response from me and plenty others.
As it is, season ticket holders are being screwed.

Also, I presume it is BL as much as PD who negotiated the Greg contract...PD made an interesting point on the BRB - how can Shams offer more than CCFC if we get up to 6ooo at a game and they get 500. Sounded like a stab at BL to be honest.

Maybe because we have a squad too big for the club in the first place?
We have too much cover in some positions (up front) and absolutely nothing in others (r-b).

patsh
25/04/2004, 10:54 AM
To be honest, I think Dolan is being very economical with the truth. He said he tried his hardest to keep Greg here, but it wasn't to be. If Dolan wanted him, Lennox would have paid the money.
How hard can it be to keep a player who wants to stay, just asks for a decent wage and a fair crack of the whip in return?
Dolan wanted him out.
Greg was entitled to a proper wage, a reasonable entitlement to be considered as a starter , and he would have repaid us on the pitch.
Can't you just see him playing a blinder and taking the points off us when he comes down with the scum in 3 weeks time..... :(

niamh
25/04/2004, 11:28 AM
To be honest, I think Dolan is being very economical with the truth. He said he tried his hardest to keep Greg here, but it wasn't to be. If Dolan wanted him, Lennox would have paid the money.
How hard can it be to keep a player who wants to stay, just asks for a decent wage and a fair crack of the whip in return?
Dolan wanted him out.
Greg was entitled to a proper wage, a reasonable entitlement to be considered as a starter , and he would have repaid us on the pitch.
Can't you just see him playing a blinder and taking the points off us when he comes down with the scum in 3 weeks time..... :(

Well I don't think anyone will boo Greg when we see him again. WE all know what has been going on and that he was City through and through. Talking to a Rovers man yesterday, who is absolutely delighted they have picked uo Greg and Mooney.

BOF
25/04/2004, 11:45 AM
WE all know what has been going on and that he was City through and through.

Greg was the difference at Richmond Park. His presence fired the entire team and even Fenn seemed to get it together.

He is a massive loss to City.

brendan

BOF
25/04/2004, 11:49 AM
Mr Brian says

Mr Brian??? Ouch (tugs foerelock)

brendan

Colm
25/04/2004, 11:53 AM
PD made an interesting point on the BRB - how can Shams offer more than CCFC if we get up to 6ooo at a game and they get 500. Sounded like a stab at BL to be honest.

I'd say it was more a case of him questioning where Rovers, a team supposedly in dire financial straits, are getting the money. Perhaps he was suggesting that maybe the FAI have bailed them out like they did with Pats. :mad:

Gary
25/04/2004, 12:51 PM
Greg was the difference at Richmond Park.

He is a massive loss to City.

While i would way prefer if Greg hadnt decided to go to Rovers (why rovers Greg? anyone but Rovers), he i dont he will be this big loss that people are making out.

Lets be honest, how many first team games has he played in the last 12 months? And as well, had Hog not got injured no one would even bat an eyelid at his departure.

people are saying that we are lacking in the RB position. I disagree entirely. We have

Lordan
Colin
Woods
Benno

Thats fairly ample cover for one position i would think. Especially if derek comes back.

Best of luck to him.

I wonder have City done what they(and other clubs have done before) put a little clause in to say that he cant play against us in May? (a la Mark Herrick a few seasons back)?

Troy.McClure
25/04/2004, 1:59 PM
CT hasn't played there for years up to recently and Woods id LB/LM.

He played the second half against Pats there and had a stormer. If gamble signs then CT can go to RB and we will have a propper watercarrier next to Georgie. Sorted :)

SÓC
25/04/2004, 11:58 PM
Looks like Greg's Rovers move might be back firing already, a post on the Ultras board says their players have nae been paid for two weeks.

You have to ask serious questions about the Rovers board being able to afford Greg if this is true.

http://www.srfcultras.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5383

pete
26/04/2004, 9:51 AM
We have a squad of mediocrity, not much in real quality bar few players.

Dodge
26/04/2004, 10:51 AM
I'd say it was more a case of him questioning where Rovers, a team supposedly in dire financial straits, are getting the money. Perhaps he was suggesting that maybe the FAI have bailed them out like they did with Pats. :mad:
Still have that chip Colm. A short term loan, paid back in full with interest. Keep
reading those headlines though....

Back to the Lennox out campaign...