PDA

View Full Version : Tallaght Rent Boys Fri 3rd Sept.

pauliek
29/08/2010, 5:14 AM
It was moved to Saturday and now back to Friday, cannot wait for this. They are a joke of a team, if Murray and Price play any team are in with a chance let alone the best footballing team in Ireland

dfx-
02/09/2010, 1:20 PM
Defender Derek Foran and midfielder Richie Ryan are absent due to suspension, while Romauld Boco is away on international duty with Benin.

Joesph N’do is a major doubt because of injury while Mauro Almeida and Richard Brush are long-term absentees.

Padraig Amond has left the club to join Portugese side Pacos Ferreira.

Really...

avvenalaf
02/09/2010, 1:50 PM
Just as well that Robbie Savage has arrived on loan.

dfx-
03/09/2010, 9:10 PM
They are a joke of a team, if Murray and Price play any team are in with a chance let alone the best footballing team in Ireland

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay....My, oh my, what a wonderful day!

Cheers pauliek!:cool2::good::bigsmile:

oldrover
03/09/2010, 10:19 PM
Gifted a county council pitch Shams have left a sour taste by poaching players from other teams...and despite it all they still are playing crap football..they are a far cry from the shams of old and if there was any justice the better footballing team tonight would have at least secured a point...sad to see some shams fans are happy with this type of "success"

Nah Nah Nah Nah
03/09/2010, 10:21 PM
Effective football I would say is the best way I could describe it

Exciting match though. Great atmosphere in the second half. Great goal to win it. Better team lost I thought. We should have been ahead at half time though and always got the feeling it would come back to haunt us. Oh for Amond to have been on the end of some of those chances.

hoops1
03/09/2010, 10:24 PM
All Sligo in the first half. 50/50 in the second. Sligo should have got at LEAST a point. But a very good 3 points in the circumstances

Nah Nah Nah Nah
03/09/2010, 10:28 PM
Yeah the second half was even alright

Grinding out wins is what winning leagues is all about. 7 points ahead with 8 to go. Can only see ye increasing the gap.

We still have yet to beat any of teams above us

avvenalaf
03/09/2010, 11:29 PM
Yeah the second half was even alright

Grinding out wins is what winning leagues is all about. 7 points ahead with 8 to go. Can only see ye increasing the gap.

We still have yet to beat any of teams above us

That's the kernal of our problem. And who is going to score goals now? Monaghan matches no longer looking that attractive.

red arrow
03/09/2010, 11:35 PM
there are two ways you can go in life ,as in football, either one way or the other. we are now at a critical stage in the football season, beat sporting fingal and we can make 4th place our own and possibly finish 3th (bohs & pat's at home). next week end's game is the vital cog in the wheel. as a club we need to qualify for europe, if we do'nt we will be part time next season. the cup is a gamble, we may get to the final and taking all permutations into consideration we could get into europe through this door. everybody acknowledges we play great football but at the end of the day (unfortunately) it's the result that counts. next weekend is our cup final we must banish the ghost of yesteryear and beat a team who have no support . if the home crowd get behind the team in numbers we can possibly do it. to be honest what i was mostly dissapointed with tonight was the fact we did not have boco, he would have made the difference but as we all know he was playing for his country. last season he missed 6 games, somebody needs to sort this out. we pay him his wages . surely when he signed after the jult transfer window we shoud have learned from the mistakes of last year. i would love to know who is responsible for this. indeed he is agreat player but not so when he is absent for important games. i' ll say no more and hope for the best.

mypost
04/09/2010, 1:27 AM
Shams have left a sour taste by poaching players from other teams...and despite it all they still are playing crap football..they are a far cry from the shams of old and if there was any justice the better footballing team tonight would have at least secured a point...sad to see some shams fans are happy with this type of "success"

When you've won what we have for the past 16 years, you'll be happy with any success.

Regarding the Bold Part, it should be noted that all 5 of Sligo's goals in the games this season have come from ex-Hoops, so you've done a fair bit of "poaching" yourselves.

Oldred
04/09/2010, 2:38 AM
Regarding the Bold Part, it should be noted that all 5 of Sligo's goals in the games this season have come from ex-Hoops, so you've done a fair bit of "poaching" yourselves.
No. Thats called BUYING players from Clubs who are willing to sell them. eg. Players such as Padraig Amond, that a particular Club in our league kept on their books from childhood and now find that they will only get 5% of the sale price.

oldrover
04/09/2010, 5:43 AM
agree oldred...shams supporter doesnt even know what poaching is...wangling players out of contracts is not buying...everybody knows what went on...sad really that the homeless team when accommodated by the county council had to resort to this

clubman
04/09/2010, 6:19 AM
It really saddens me to witness Bit O’ Red supporters stoop so low to become part of the name calling brigade. One must call it as it is, players want, first and foremost success on the pitch, to play with the BIG clubs and let’s face it in this country there are no bigger than Shamrock Rovers. Their history speaks for itself and for that alone they deserve respect. Love them or hate them our league needs a successful Shamrock Rovers. Name calling like homeless etc gets people nowhere. Back in the eighties the Shams were very hard done by with the way the rug was taken from under their feet in terms of their home ground. That certainly was no supporter’s blame and real Sligo Rovers supporters appreciate this. Both clubs hold the upmost respect for each other as was shown when the magnificent stadium in Tallaght was opened and Shams had just one request to make of the legislators of football and that was to have Sligo Rovers to play there on the opening night. No greater show of respect can be bestowed on a club than to be handpicked to partake in one of the greatest events of a clubs history.
So all I ask is to show a little respect in your posts, a little light-hearted banter does no harm but there has to be some perspective put on the issue also.
Good luck to the Shams, they deserve to be where they are today and believe me in the long term it’ll be nothing but good for the game here in Ireland.

jc46
04/09/2010, 8:58 AM
well written! if every club was as organised as shams, irish soccer would not be in such a sorry state. Remember, shams had to start from scratch or even worse a few years ago. As a die- hard sligo rovers supporter and a regular attendee at games, i salute shams for what they have done and what they are likely to acchieve this year. Ok, they have poached players but compare that to the shennannigans that went on at Shels, Drogheda, Cork and now Bohs that have brought the game into disrepute and made it a laughing stock in the eyes of the armchair brigade.

oldrover
04/09/2010, 9:59 AM
can agree also with the magnanimous sentiment in these posts and thought all posts were banter.however there has also to be some form of equity and fairness in the way clubs are treated and clubs should also try to achieve high standards.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
04/09/2010, 10:27 AM
There was over 4,000 at the match last night with a cracking atmosphere there created by both sets of fans. That's what League of Ireland football should be all about. Not about who whether someone owns their ground or not. Our biggest crowd league crowd of the season is always when Shams come to town. They bring a big following and more of our floating support will go and see them play then anyone else. So them being up there is certainly a good thing for us. Much and all that I don't like them

I think anyone who has seen our games against them this season would agree that we more then hold our own against them each time but they are able to grind out results by being well organised and when they go ahead they certainly know how to play. Not the prettiest football but as mypost said when you haven't won the league in so long you don't really care. I would certainly be happy to be in their situation. But we're making progress each season and getting closer. Huge game on Saturday night

Re Boco - unfortunately there is nothing we can do about this unless the league decides to have a break for every international weekend which wouldn't make any sense. Surely it's better to have him for all the games we can have him for then decide not to sign him because he's going to miss a few games

poster
04/09/2010, 12:27 PM
Very frustrating to watch us play great stuff first half and fall apart after the goal second half. Sad state of affairs when Shams, the champions elect, hoof the ball up to Fenn and Twigg all night and score from a questionable free kick, while we try to play football, but i suppose it shows hows how bad this league is.. They're definitely having the luck of champions (the handball in the first half), it's theirs to lose really.

Oldred
04/09/2010, 12:44 PM
Very good post Clubman

dfx-
04/09/2010, 12:46 PM
How does it show how bad the league is? Because the 'nice football' team on the night didn't win?

Champions elect who Cook-e (for sligoman) hasn't defeated in the league in 8 games. Luck?

poster
04/09/2010, 12:49 PM
dfx, do you actually think you and Pat's play good football?

redobit
04/09/2010, 2:35 PM

I wouldnt call either a footballing team. That siad Ive seen Shams play twice in a couple of weeks now and they did play some neat football in both games.

Raging we didnt get a result last night. Deserved at least a draw from that game.

Any Shams fans like to comment on the 'handball' in the first 10 minutes?
Had a good view from the away section and looked 100% penalty for me. I looked at Kelly when it happened and he taped his shoulder. Whatever bout hitting his chest it never hit his shoulder.

pauliek
04/09/2010, 3:31 PM
well written! if every club was as organised as shams, irish soccer would not be in such a sorry state. Remember, shams had to start from scratch or even worse a few years ago. As a die- hard sligo rovers supporter and a regular attendee at games, i salute shams for what they have done and what they are likely to acchieve this year. Ok, they have poached players but compare that to the shennannigans that went on at Shels, Drogheda, Cork and now Bohs that have brought the game into disrepute and made it a laughing stock in the eyes of the armchair brigade.
They are the model club in the FAI's eyes only, they play terrible football and have a large scum element among their fans.

The boy Joey was on top form last night, he disgraced any Shams player that came within 10 feet of him.

http://www.forzarovers.net/apps/photos/photo?photoid=97581305

dfx-
04/09/2010, 7:50 PM

Rovers can play both nice stuff like against Bray Dundalk Bohs and UCD and some ugly stuff, but they can play both. What is played depends on what works on the night and the players picked. Rovers badly missed Rice last night and even Bradley to get on the ball.

I have only seen Pats once this season

dfx-
04/09/2010, 7:51 PM
The boy Joey was on top form last night, he disgraced any Shams player that came within 10 feet of him.

And promptly ran the ball out or passed it to the next nearest Rovers player.

poster
04/09/2010, 9:38 PM

Isn't that what he was supposed to do?

Thought he made bits of Turner and Murphy any time they came near him. Especially enjoyed his nutmeg on Turner and his dummy around Bayly.

dfx-
04/09/2010, 10:25 PM
Yes, in 2008. Not when he's playing for Sligo and supposed to pass to the red team instead..

pauliek
04/09/2010, 11:49 PM
He misplaced few if any pass's, they all went to Rovers players

mypost
06/09/2010, 3:42 AM
They play terrible football and have a large scum element among their fans.

Unfortunately for you, good football is no guarantee of success. It's whatever gets the ball legally in the net that usually works.

Despite the "terrible" football, the "scum" element or even the "minority" (depending on who you talk to), the crowds still come to Tallaght every other week, and the club are a draw for the local support when we travel, so we must be doing something right.