PDA

View Full Version : "Ireland". Clean up?... and/or sub-divide?

Lionel Ritchie
28/08/2010, 5:03 PM
Just an observation about the Ireland sub-forum. Some of the threads on there at present border on the tangential.

There are threads there for individuals who, while technically eligible (and in at least one case probably not), to represent Ireland are perhaps unlikely to ever do so.

Would it be an idea to limit Ireland to players who've been capped or called up to a senior squad and have sub-forum of some sort for players who've played at underage level as well as one for those who are or may be eligible?

Or am I just having an itchyarse day?

Razors left peg
05/09/2010, 12:06 PM
I dont think there is a need to limit the forum too much in terms of just players who have been capped but I really dont think we need 3 threads that are just discussing Northern Ireland politics, one was bad enough

gustavo
05/09/2010, 1:33 PM
I've locked the 2 threads about players which went down the same paths as the Eligibilty row thread.Hopefully all concerned can keep repeating themselves in just the one thread now

Razors left peg
05/09/2010, 2:11 PM
Greatly appriciated

TheBoss
26/10/2010, 2:06 PM
Would people agree that their should be sub-forum in the Ireland Forum that just has player threads, to make things a bit more tidy.

Dodge
26/10/2010, 2:16 PM
Would it not be too tidy then? What else is there apart from 8-10 times a year match discussion?

John83
26/10/2010, 2:56 PM
Yeah, I'm with Dodge on that. The only possible division which makes sense to me would be putting the threads about uncapped players separately, as they're mostly read by a subset of the Ireland forum users anyway.

dahamsta
26/10/2010, 3:08 PM
Would people agree that their should be sub-forum in the Ireland Forum that just has player threads, to make things a bit more tidy.

I was going to suggest that, but Dodge has a point, it's not the busiest forum in the world.

Going off-topic a little, how about a Players subforum in the League forum? That is a busy forum.

John83
26/10/2010, 3:55 PM
There aren't many individual player threads in that forum. I'm not sure how you could split it; maybe into football (matches, players, incidents, etc.) and non-football (administration, structure, fan culture, etc.)

pineapple stu
26/10/2010, 4:03 PM
Wouldn't be bothered with a sub-forum in the main forum, I think. Busy can be good too. You could maybe make a case for a "Tonight's Latests" forum, but even then, I don't think it'd do anything.