PDA

View Full Version : Dolan

city 4 life
24/04/2004, 11:26 AM
The abuse Dolan got last night was stupid. One particular person who can only IMO be classed as a muppet was way out of order. He's had one full season and in that season got us into Europe on the first time of asking. The abuse a lot of players got from people all over the ground was terrible was in the St.Annes end the first half and it was bad there with Fenn and Georgie been the main targets. I feel sorry for Georgie any time he makes even the smallest mistake there are a few fans on his back straight away.
Fair play to the lads in the shed who sung up for Dolan. He got bad abuse when he was walking into the dressing room I was told by a friend who was in the stand. How impatient are City fans like?! I think its stupid and unfair I think Dolan is making great strides for the club off the pitch and its going to come together on the pitch.
Good piece in the Echo yesterday about him.

On a different note United playin Cobh at the cross. Not going because personally the amount of united jerseys in there will be stomach turning. I might rent a ramblers jerseys though for the day!

thecorner
24/04/2004, 1:16 PM
i have to admit i was the one of the persons that was booing at the final whistle and im not one bit ashamed

the man is fcuking brain dead

doesnt have a clue

nwanko was one of the better of a bad bunch.what does he do....take him off

bring on two strikers in injury time...we are drawing pat...dont be wasting our own time

while he is good for the club he would be better used in a position upstairs for the pr

in the echo he states the draw was a fair result

pat...we were fcuking playing against 10 men for 23 minute u fcuking tit

Eric
24/04/2004, 1:19 PM
nwanko was one of the better of a bad bunch.what does he do....take him off

I agree with you on what you are saying about Dolan but didn't think Nwanko was playing good last night.

When Kearney came on we actually started attacking down the left and thats where most of our play went in the last 15 minutes.

Nwanko isn't a winger.

Dolan came into the Horseshoe last night and sang a few songs in the Karaoke. A sad attempt to try keep the fans on his side :rolleyes:

thecorner
24/04/2004, 1:22 PM
I agree with you on what you are saying about Dolan but didn't think Nwanko was playing good last night.

never said he played good,....just best of a bad bunch

Eric
24/04/2004, 1:23 PM
I'd agree with you on that alright

city 4 life
24/04/2004, 2:34 PM
I'm not saying i agree with everything Dolan does i didn't see why Nwankwo was taken off and i thought Fenn should been of brought off a lot earlier and Behan or Nolan given a proper chance. I simply think the abuse he's getting is somewhat unjust and premature. A league winning team isn't going to happen overnight. I have to say that i think Dolan is slightly at fault though because he hyped up the team before the season when its clear a few more players are needed!

rebelnorrie
24/04/2004, 3:36 PM
somethings will never change...city fans are the most impatient,shortsighted f.uckin plonkers when they want to be - especially when it comes to managers,for example:

dave barry-a city legend,did the job for nothing and he got an amount of abuse before his departure

mountfield-lasted 6 months,thought he did a good job myself,got booted out without even giving him a season to prove himself,got buckets of abuse from fans

gunther-took on the job of trying to bring the club back to glory,wasnt a huge fan myself but still give him credit for having the best home record in the league but unfortunately the team were jinxed away from home.got loads of abuse before he stepped down,

dolan-the hype,excitement and calls of him being the answer to all our problems.has signed great players.pushing the club towards professionalism like nobody before,shows love and passion for city like nobody before and still people are begining to call for his head,lads grow up and take a look at the bigger picture,hes going to do and has done great things for the club as a whole,ive questioned a lot of his decisions like ye have but my faith in him remains.

city 4 life
24/04/2004, 3:59 PM
well thanks be to jayus im not the only one who think the abuse is unjust and uncalled for!
I don't get it to be honest he's been in charge a season and a quarter!
three seasons seems fair and after that we'll see.
Hopefully the players will wake up in the near future!!!
PAT DOLANS REBEL ARMY!!

anybody read the echo spillane is an awful ****** Fenn got 7!!
what games he'd be at is beyond me!
He must be playing championship manager or something!

thecorner
24/04/2004, 4:39 PM
dolan had taken the club a step backwards in terms of performance

hes constantly making up stories to stry to stop us talking about the lack lustre performance

get the ****** out now b4 its too late

YES IT IS TIME TO TURN ON HIM!!!!!!!!!

I CAN FORSEE A LOT MORE BOOING AT THE CROSS

Gary
24/04/2004, 4:57 PM
I am certainly not calling for his head, but i did boo at the end of the game last night. Apparently though in his program notes he said that the buck stops with him, and its up to him to turn it all around.

Whether he does or doesnt remains to be seen. I dont think he will deliver the title to be perfectly honest, but if he can set us up more professionally, well, thats okay with me.

Colm
24/04/2004, 5:57 PM
Dolan came into the Horseshoe last night and sang a few songs in the Karaoke. A sad attempt to try keep the fans on his side :rolleyes:

Did it ever occur to you that he might have been just trying to have an enjoyable night out like anyone else would after a days work?

jofyisgod
24/04/2004, 7:22 PM
if he can set us up more professionally, well, thats okay with me.

Agreed, and i do think that very soon we will begin to see the rewards on the pitch. We are playing like a bag of sh1te, the players know that, Dolan knows that, the fans know that. It is up to all three to each do their bit to get our season back on track. A shock at Bohs??(I pray :D )

A face
24/04/2004, 11:48 PM
Did it ever occur to you that he might have been just trying to have an enjoyable night out like anyone else would after a days work?

Have to agree with you there ...... he'd get abuse aswell if he didn't turn up. Some poep0le would really want to have a look at what they are saying and thinking. For gods sake ..... you sound pathetic. Totally reactionary .... totally OTT .... It is sad really. This is not a dig at you Eric ... just the overall reaction.

Actuallly i'd like to take a dig at thecorners reaction, fella ... you are OTT. You built up the expectation at the start of the year and it didnt happen and now you are calling for his head. It is all knee jerk stuff ..... calm down will ya.

patsh
25/04/2004, 10:47 AM
I have to say that I feel the booing is out of order. I was as frustrated and annoyed as anyone on Friday, but I think it's not fair to turn on Dolan. His substitutions baffle me, his bullsh*t can be annoying, but he is here until the end of next season at least, so turning on him now is counter productive.
Listening to Benno on the BRB last night, you could feel how much the booing hurt. It wasn't fair because with the exception of Fenn, the rest of the team did try hard.
A bit of luck and things could turn around. Some players need a serious kick up the h*le, serious errors of judgement like leaving Greg go need to be eliminated, but turning on the team and manager is not the answer.

thecorner
25/04/2004, 10:51 AM
Listening to Benno on the BRB last night, you could feel how much the booing hurt. .

sur god love 'em

have to take the good with the bad

are they men or mice

anyway the booing was meant for his tit of a manager

Citygirl
25/04/2004, 3:27 PM
thecorner you are really beginning to annoy me.are you a supporter or not?if you're a supporter then will you please start SUPPORTING the team..gregs gone now so you're turning on dolan..grow up and start showing some support...

thecorner
25/04/2004, 4:42 PM
thecorner you are really beginning to annoy me.are you a supporter or not?if you're a supporter then will you please start SUPPORTING the team..gregs gone now so you're turning on dolan..grow up and start showing some support...

yes I am a fcuking supprter

R U??????????

IM A FCUKING ANGRY SUPPORTER AT THE MOMENT

razor
26/04/2004, 12:56 PM
theres nothing wrong with booing. it is every fans right to boo their team if things arent going right as is clapping when it goes right. but u have to take the good with the bad. imo things will turn around :)
Agree totally, you pay your money, you're entitled to your say.
I'm getting some worrying feedback however that some players don't like playing under Dolan, there seems to be an air of discontent in the camp.
If these rumours are true then I can't see things turn around.

It also seems that anyone that has a difference of opinion to Dolan or has a falling out with him are suddenly out the door. This is wrong.
This is obviously what happened to Greg as the word is the contract was written and ready and Dolan would not approve it.

The man seems to be an ego maniac.
Time for Lennox to step in and sort it out and from what I hear this may not be long in coming.

Éanna
26/04/2004, 2:34 PM
I have no problem with the booing at all, many of the people who booed (myself included) sung and supported that team for 90 mins and felt let down at the final whistle and were more than entitled to do so. No wonder our home form is so poor, given the shower of abusive ingrates that populate the cross right now. What player would want to play in front of the likes of some of the clowns spouting crap on this board :rolleyes: As for Dolan comin into the Horseshoe after the game, I say fair play to him. Murphy wouldn't even look at us from the safety of the pitch- all those people lining up to have a go at him, why were ye sitting there sipping yer drinks and not saying anything. Dolan's an approachable guy, why didn't you tell him of your concerns?

The performance was poor, but people are forgetting something- that was Drogs 5th clean sheet in a row! That has to count for something. Poorly and all as we played, I think we should have won it. Being honest, I think the sending off worked against us cos drogs dropped back very deep after. Its not the end of the world. The chances of us winning the league this season were not huge anyway, and its not like we're miles off the top 3, which was a lot of peoples aim anyway.

I'm not happy with how we've played, and I wouldn't pretend to be, but there's along way to go and there have been encouraging signs. The simple fact is: the club is in a much better position now than it was before Dolan took over. Its not where we want it to be, and thats frustrating, but we have to trust Dolan when he says we will get there.

For ****s sake. Boo at full time if ya want. but for 90 minutes get behind the ****ing team and support them. Or just stay at home :mad:

tiktok
26/04/2004, 3:35 PM
can't fault a single word of that Eanna, well said!

Éanna
26/04/2004, 3:37 PM
can't fault a single word of that Eanna, well said!
including the signature? ;)

Neil
26/04/2004, 6:53 PM
Agree totally, you pay your money, you're entitled to your say

Fair enough to jeer at 90 minutes if you supported the team throughout the game, but it's the ****s who spend the whole game jeering who are pitiful.

It's the same old people you recognise in the Shed for years though that you never hear a good word out of... you remember them giving Morley abuse, Coughlan for going to Luton, anyone who ever put a foot wrong in a City shirt.... now it's George, Devine, Fenn, Dolan. Pathetic.

As for that fat has-been Moses... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Éanna
27/04/2004, 11:18 AM
Fair enough to jeer at 90 minutes if you supported the team throughout the game, but it's the ****s who spend the whole game jeering who are pitiful.

It's the same old people you recognise in the Shed for years though that you never hear a good word out of... you remember them giving Morley abuse, Coughlan for going to Luton, anyone who ever put a foot wrong in a City shirt.... now it's George, Devine, Fenn, Dolan. Pathetic.

As for that fat has-been Moses... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Agreed. Same crowd every time. Moses is yesterday's man. he should crawl back in his cave.