PDA

View Full Version : Fenn

patsh
24/04/2004, 9:48 AM
What are we paying this guy for?
He gets a high wage, yet we treat Greg like sh*t.... :rolleyes:
He played well in the first two games and has been missing since. Did he even try to make ONE tackle last night?
I was delighted when we signed him, thought he would be a great addition to the squad, but as far as I can see, he is a total passenger.
OK, Drogs made no attempt at all to score or even attack, so its down to the likes of Fenn to come up with the ideas.
Doyler was left completely on his own, at least George tracks back and tackles and I felt most of the team tried hard, but where was Fenn?
I reckon he has been our worst player so far this season, bar no one.
btw, Well done to Cillian Lordan last night, played well and did what he had to do efficiently. Wonder how he will fare against a team that he actually has to defend against?

Schunter Netz
24/04/2004, 10:10 AM
Seems we have our scapegoat for the season, a target for the moaners and the screamers of "get him off. Dolan". George last year, Fenn this time. Who next year, I wonder? Okay, Fenn didn't have his best game last night, but some of his touches were excellent, and he takes high balls on his chest or toe that most lumps of centre forwards would head on optimistically, and of course we'd cheer that optimistically. Someone complained that Fenn didn't make one tackle last night!!! There are enough workhorses out there (who weren't working very well) to afford one forward who doesn't have to chase Drogheda players alll the back to his own box to appease the fans. He will make and score lots of goals this season, given decent service.

BOF
24/04/2004, 12:08 PM
IMO Fenn didnt try a leg last night. He was going through the motions.
Dolan should have hauled him ashore at half time.

That performance last night was shocking.

Brendan

Gary
24/04/2004, 12:13 PM
Im not a fan of Behan, but he would have been a better option to come on after about 60 when it was clear fenn couldnt care less. At leats Behan puts himself about, and will chase every ball.

adamcarr
24/04/2004, 12:22 PM
And will anyone ever tell him to stop taking shots from 30 yards out when he obviously cant put power on the ball! :mad:

Eric
24/04/2004, 1:14 PM
Fenn is a playmaker so it's not his just to be running around busting a gut winning balls, thats the midfields job. Fair enough he wasn't great last night but no-one is gonna be good in every game.

Against Pats Fenn played brilliant when partnered with JOF up front and I'm sure when that partnership gets back together then we will actually start scoring goals.

Give the man a chance.

Xtreme Rebel, how can you say that George was one of the only players who could hold his head high after the game last night, he was shocking!!!!! I'm not a Georgie basher, big fan of his, but he was absolutely non-existant last night

patsh
24/04/2004, 2:09 PM
Seems we have our scapegoat for the season, a target for the moaners and the screamers of "get him off. Dolan". He will make and score lots of goals this season, given decent service.
Get a grip on yourself man.
I do not pick any target for the season or any targets at all.
Fenn is being well paid and he looks like he just couldn't care less.
I did not see the Rovers or Derry game.
He wasn't brilliant in the Pats game, he played OK and did all right.
He played well against Home Farm.
He has gone missing in the rest of our games this season. I know he does need others to be playing well around him, but last night he kept falling over and losing the ball far too easily.
He is the player that is supposed to make things happen.
very very little is happening at the moment.... :(

Gary
24/04/2004, 5:01 PM
Foe the life of me, I cant see why Fenn automatically is first choice striker. I am of the belief that EVERY player has to earn the right to be first choice. By all means use him as a sub, and if he impresses consistently, fine.

I just wonder would George has been so quick to sign his new deal a few months ago if he knew he was gojng back to midfield. He should be up front, where he is best, as he has proven since he came to City in the first place.

thecorner
24/04/2004, 5:18 PM
its very simple and easy

AN OVERPAID LAZY B@STARD

ConfusedBlue
24/04/2004, 6:16 PM
Well it's finally clicked with ye lads what Fenn actually is!!!I can't say i did'nt warn ye about him.If you look back on some of my previous posts just after ye signed him i warned ye what would happen!!!Hey i even wrote a piece for our last fanzine(BTID),i think Eanna got a copy he can inform ye.It's all well and good having a 1st touch and a bit of skill but if you don't have the desire or heart you're up s**t creek without a paddle.
How ironic it is that ye could of have Bruton (better player) for probably half the money,but he ended up signing for us!!!! :confused:

SÓC
25/04/2004, 1:57 AM
Lads we signed Fenn to play up front with John O'Flynn, so far they have played 3 together as a front two and we've won two of them.

The whole idea of this season is to give our squad time to build for next season.

In saying that Behan should have come on earlier on Friday.

thecorner
25/04/2004, 10:25 AM
The whole idea of this season is to give our squad time to build for next season.

so we should just forget about this season and all return next march

A face
25/04/2004, 1:19 PM
so we should just forget about this season and all return next march

Well thats what fans that only sing when we are winning will do. I guess you just have to decide what kind of fan you are !?!

Colm
25/04/2004, 5:58 PM
When Fenn and Flynny play together they are awesome.... but without Flynny, Fenn has not turned it on. They looked very good together against Home Farm and against Pats. Remember the link up between Fenn, Flynny and Georgie for Flynny's goal against Pats.
I think the missing link in all this is a fully fit John O'Flynn, when he's at his best everyone else (including Fenn) seems to be aswell.

Colm
25/04/2004, 6:10 PM
I suppose you have something to do with this as well!! :D :D :D

Ah well, ya know if I was playing we'd probably be top of the league with myself and Georgie forming the worlds greatest strike partnership EVER! ;)

Colm
25/04/2004, 6:19 PM
George hit the bar when he did it thought, you've missed on 4 occasions now am i right! Getting closer though! :D :D

Yeah but most of them went in the net so I could be the goalscorer in the partnership while Georgie would play the killer passes.
Don't worry I'll hit the bar next time! :)

Anyway, to bring this somewhat back on topic.... I wonder how Fenn would get on if he did Hit the Bar!!

pete
26/04/2004, 9:45 AM
Not that i'm gonna defend Fenn but last year George didn't half the player without O'Flynn.

Eric
26/04/2004, 10:59 AM
Ah well, ya know if I was playing we'd probably be top of the league with myself and Georgie forming the worlds greatest strike partnership EVER! ;)

George senior and George junior on the one team, thats too good to miss!!!

Pat sign him up quick!!! :D

Éanna
26/04/2004, 2:40 PM
Fenn has talent beyond the dreams of many players in this league, but I get very frustrated when I see a player wandering in and out of games like that. I agree with Gary 100% :eek: He has to earn his place and hasn't done it. I couldn't care less what he's paid, if he's given any kind of contract to play for CCFC he has to perform. End of