PDA

View Full Version : Kenny granted leave by Kerr

ElSieteSecretos
23/04/2004, 5:58 PM
Kenny granted leave by Kerr

Paddy Kenny: understandably putting club before country
Friday, April 23 2004 4:33

Sheffield United goalkeeper Paddy Kenny is out of Brian Kerr's Republic of Ireland squad for Wednesday's clash with Poland in Bydgoszcz.

Kenny has been allowed to remain in England in order to prepare for United's vital promotion clash with Ipswich Town, which takes place two days after the Polish friendly.

Kerr also confirmed that Tottenham full-back Stephen Carr is unavailable due to a back problem. The Dubliner has decided not to call in any replacements at this stage.

Squad:

Given (Newcastle United) Colgan (Hibernian)

Maybury (Hearts) Cunningham (Birmingham City) Doherty (Tottenham Hotspur) Harte (Leeds United) O'Brien (Newcastle United) Breen (Sunderland) O'Shea (Manchester United)

Miller (Celtic) Roy Keane (Manchester United) Reid (Nottingham Forest) Holland( Charlton Athletic) Delap (Southampton) McAteer (Sunderland)Kinsella (West Bromwich Albion) Kilbane (Everton) Duff (Chelsea)

Lee (Cardiff City) Connolly (West Ham United) Robbie Keane (Tottenham Hotspur) Morrison (Birmingham City)

Filed by Barry J Whyte

gustavo
23/04/2004, 6:27 PM
id imagine the team would now go along the lines of
gk given
rb o shea
lb harte
cb cunningham
cb breen
lm duff
rm macateer /delap
cm keane
cm kilbane /holland
cf keane
cf morrison

ger121
23/04/2004, 8:15 PM
He may be the first after Carr to drop out but I'd say he won't be the last. I think the Sunderland/West Ham boys could be next.

ElSieteSecretos
23/04/2004, 9:51 PM
I hope Kerr gives Miller a full 90 minutes

carnstien
24/04/2004, 12:39 PM
Oh my god, Paddy Kenny has pulled out!!!!

Traitor! Lets hang him, he should never be allowed represent his country again! Go Kevin Kilbane, he is so class, he would never do anything like that!

Slash/ED
24/04/2004, 7:37 PM
I'd go with...

Given

O'Shea
Harte :(
Cunningham
O'Brien

Reid
Duff
Keane
Miller

Keane
Morrison

But i'd be suprised if there wasn't more drop outs.

ElSieteSecretos
25/04/2004, 8:40 AM
Kilbane and Delap drop out

KEVIN KILBANE (hamstring strain) and Rory Delap (leg injury) are the latest withdrawals from Brian Kerr's squad for Wednesday's friendly against Poland, but the manager will wait until late this evening before calling in replacements as nearly half his squad are involved in games today, writes Dion Fanning.

Damien Duff is out of Chelsea's trip to Newcastle with an on-going fever so he will undoubtedly be withdrawn. Delap, desperate to impress the Irish boss, suffered his injury minutes into the second half of Southampton's defeat to Bolton and may also miss Saturday's clash at Chelsea.