PDA

View Full Version : Moving or not?

Pages : [1] 2 3

sean r
26/08/2010, 12:01 AM
what is the status of the markets field? if we cant secure it but achieve promotion will be be allowed to play at jackman next season in the prem? if not where do we play?

bluepowers
26/08/2010, 2:56 AM
that depends on promotion hopefully we do get the markets field ...... if not ...... ive heard sum rumours about using the back pitch at thomand park .... and also about opening 1 stand in thomand park ...... we will have 2 wait and see

if we do not go up it will probably be jackman park again next season

bluewhitearmy
26/08/2010, 11:52 AM
that depends on promotion hopefully we do get the markets field ...... if not ...... ive heard sum rumours about using the back pitch at thomand park .... and also about opening 1 stand in thomand park ...... we will have 2 wait and see

if we do not go up it will probably be jackman park again next season

Well this is a load of bull.

We want to get the Markets Field if we get up or not why would we not want it if we don't go up.

And as for the one stand in Thomond come on like thats just ridiculous.

Monkfish
26/08/2010, 12:20 PM
ive heard sum rumours about using the back pitch at thomand park ....

....and thats better than Jackman is it? last time I saw it was under 5' of water had no stand no changing room no floodlights (you get the idea)

Xile
26/08/2010, 12:36 PM
There was an Artical with Pat in this weeks Chronical about it, read that.

outspoken
26/08/2010, 12:38 PM
Its a bit ridiculous if Harps can use Finn Park you should be well able to use Jackman

Lim till i die
26/08/2010, 1:49 PM
plus limerick are starting to thickoff junior clubs cos of them trying to get minor & schoolboy teams in to the local league

What's the problem here??

Lim till i die
26/08/2010, 2:18 PM
But what is the problem with Limerick entering a minor team?? Like why were they refused??

Jofspring
26/08/2010, 2:44 PM
limerick gone to the fai with an appeal to get a minor team into the junior league which resulted in corbally and other clubs losing players to them,now these players might have to wait till december to join another club as limerick fc haven't been entered into the minor league mfa told limerick to appeal to fai nothing they can do as ldmc controls soccer in limerick,they got into the schoolboy league all rite but alot of junior clubs are giving out to ldmc over limerick,looks like limerick fc are burning their bridges with junior clubs

If teams are burning bridges with Limerick because they want a minor team it is ridiculous. They complain most the time that Limerick are taking players from other Junior clubs for LOI and now when Limerick try to set up youth teams to bring players through from underage right up they still complain. Limerick invited players to try out. It was up to the players whether they wanted to come or not.

If clubs are so upset with Limerick cause players are leaving them to join them and this is why they are stopped entering then why not stop Pike, Fairview and the likes from entering junior soccer as they end up taking the best players from other junior clubs around town. Seems to be one rule for Limerick and another for the top clubs in junior soccer. Did Noonan not only say last week that its a free country and there is nothing can be done if players want to join a certain club but now because its Limerick FC suddenly there can be complaints about players joing them. Double standards?

Most clubs in the country have underage teams so no reason Limerick shouldn't be allowed. The only thing going against Limerick should be having a home ground but in saying that Northside Legacy where allowed join the Junior Leagues and they have no home ground of their own and are using either Hill Celtics old one at Rathuard or Shelbourne Park (not sure which one exactly).

Markets Field is a must for Limerick. The land can only be used for recreation or something like that as far as i know so can't see too many buyers being that interested. If Limerick can't get that i would like to see them immediately look into new options. Maybe a bit of land just outside town or something like that. Until Bord na Gon make up their minds it is out of Limericks hands.

Monkfish
26/08/2010, 2:57 PM
if it wasn't for limerick paying the LDMC a nice few quid to be allowed to use jackman park there would be no senior club in limerick

Fixed that for you.

bluewhitearmy
26/08/2010, 3:11 PM
God bless the junior lads if Limerick go up and get a ground what will they have to moan about then.

They will complain no matter what Limerick do and the Jackman Park thing is gone very old you would swear Limerick are the only junior club not to own the ground they play in.

Galway,Cork,Shels and Shamrock Rovers off the top of my head.

sean r
26/08/2010, 3:41 PM
this might be too much but what about kilkenny city's ground buckley park? werent limerick offred buckley park at one time? it is a far better ground than jackman and hogan unless there is a ground in limerick that i am un aware of to use

Monkfish
26/08/2010, 4:14 PM
this might be too much but what about kilkenny city's ground buckley park? werent limerick offred buckley park at one time? it is a far better ground than jackman and hogan unless there is a ground in limerick that i am un aware of to use

Turners x, Colmans, and Terryland all quicker to get to if we went down that road.

bluewhitearmy
26/08/2010, 7:35 PM
I dont think that things are desperate enough to be talking about moving out of Limerick tbf Markets Field is no way dead yet in fact has anything even changed with it?.

Martinho II
26/08/2010, 8:12 PM

now theres a blast from the past with Buckley Park! Is that used at all anymore?

JoeyFantastic
27/08/2010, 1:59 AM
This is the latest from the Examiner, seems to be a bit of confusion about what's actually been offered.

City club hopes soccer will return to historic stadium
By Jimmy Woulfe and Kerrie Kennedy
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
A PUBLIC tendering process for the sale of Limerick’s
historic Market’s Field stadium has begun in advance of the
sport moving to its new €20 million headquarters in
October.

Read more: http://irishexaminer.ie/ireland/city-club-hopes-
soccer-will-return-to-historic-stadium-
128789.html#ixzz0xZUwnE5S

JoeyFantastic
27/08/2010, 2:03 AM
And as for the one stand in Thomond come on like thats just ridiculous.

One stand was opened in Thomond when Shannon played Clontarf there in the AIL. Would probably be easier and more cost effective to just open the terraces. Don't see why it couldn't be used if some sort of deal was reached.

Bonovox
28/08/2010, 9:07 AM
If teams are burning bridges with Limerick because they want a minor team it is ridiculous. They complain most the time that Limerick are taking players from other Junior clubs for LOI and now when Limerick try to set up youth teams to bring players through from underage right up they still complain. Limerick invited players to try out. It was up to the players whether they wanted to come or not.

If clubs are so upset with Limerick cause players are leaving them to join them and this is why they are stopped entering then why not stop Pike, Fairview and the likes from entering junior soccer as they end up taking the best players from other junior clubs around town. Seems to be one rule for Limerick and another for the top clubs in junior soccer. Did Noonan not only say last week that its a free country and there is nothing can be done if players want to join a certain club but now because its Limerick FC suddenly there can be complaints about players joing them. Double standards?

Most clubs in the country have underage teams so no reason Limerick shouldn't be allowed. The only thing going against Limerick should be having a home ground but in saying that Northside Legacy where allowed join the Junior Leagues and they have no home ground of their own and are using either Hill Celtics old one at Rathuard or Shelbourne Park (not sure which one exactly).

Markets Field is a must for Limerick. The land can only be used for recreation or something like that as far as i know so can't see too many buyers being that interested. If Limerick can't get that i would like to see them immediately look into new options. Maybe a bit of land just outside town or something like that. Until Bord na Gon make up their minds it is out of Limericks hands.

jofspring - Please show us how Limerick are bringing players through from underage right up to minor football? As far as I'm aware nobody has any problem with Limerick coming through the schoolboy ranks and making the natural progression up through the grades and into under 17 and under 18 football. In fact Limerick have every right to do so and more luck to them. They have entered U7's, U8's, U9's and U10's teams for the coming season and this is how the natural progression should take place. However, what has upset clubs is Limerick firstly offering trials to 16, 17 and 18 yr old players to play in an under 20's league to the detriment of local clubs. Some Limerick clubs who have fostered players from a young age right through the ranks now find themselves in a position where they have no under 17's or under 18's teams this season because they have lost players to Limerick. You can say all you want about it being a democracy and players being allowed to play where and with who they want, and you are dead right but it is not helping relations between the senior club and its Junior counterparts. There has to be a link back down through the rank and file. Every junior club who has the interest of its players at heart should be encouraged to see its players progress to play at a higher level and if that is to be League of Ireland then it should be all the more satisfying if it is with his home club Limerick FC. When they come out of minor football then their first port of call should be with the under 20's and then on from there. Not taking them up at 16 and 17 and making them part of an under 20's team, that is not fostering football.
Limerick advertised applications locally for players to join a minor team without permission to enter one in the first place. They were refused by LDMC who were within their right to protect the clubs in the league who have served in the league for so long. They then appealed it to MFA and having lost it there they are now appealing it to the FAI. What is the point of all this? Why spend a further €500 on another appeal to the FAI? Where will they get the players?? Lets call a spade a spade, the reason Limerick are going to these lengths is because of the potential financial upside this will bring in solidarity grants, plain and simple. Have a look at the youth leagues this season - 6 teams in division 1 (will probably be gone down to 5 by next week) and 4 teams in division 2. It's farcical! Is it Limericks fault alone? Absolutely not. Are they a contributing factor? Absolutely yes.
If the FAI allow Limerick to enter a team locally then the FAI decsion is binding. However, such is the level of antagonism towards Limerick at the moment that they will find out that there are no teams locally who will field against them. Now you can argue until the cows come home but the majority of people involved in schoolboy and junior football in Limerick are fair minded and sporting people who give of their time freely and also support the senior team. You need to ask the question - why are they all so pi$$ed off?
I would be more in favour of a representative of Limerick FC being put forward on the local schoolboy and junior councils and being a link between the bodies.
We have the strongest junior league in the country as we proved yet again last season - lets get the most from each other to make sure everyone benefits.......fairly.

abbeyvale
28/08/2010, 10:18 AM
jofspring - Please show us how Limerick are bringing players through from underage right up to minor football? As far as I'm aware nobody has any problem with Limerick coming through the schoolboy ranks and making the natural progression up through the grades and into under 17 and under 18 football. In fact Limerick have every right to do so and more luck to them. They have entered U7's, U8's, U9's and U10's teams for the coming season and this is how the natural progression should take place. However, what has upset clubs is Limerick firstly offering trials to 16, 17 and 18 yr old players to play in an under 20's league to the detriment of local clubs. Some Limerick clubs who have fostered players from a young age right through the ranks now find themselves in a position where they have no under 17's or under 18's teams this season because they have lost players to Limerick. You can say all you want about it being a democracy and players being allowed to play where and with who they want, and you are dead right but it is not helping relations between the senior club and its Junior counterparts. There has to be a link back down through the rank and file. Every junior club who has the interest of its players at heart should be encouraged to see its players progress to play at a higher level and if that is to be League of Ireland then it should be all the more satisfying if it is with his home club Limerick FC. When they come out of minor football then their first port of call should be with the under 20's and then on from there. Not taking them up at 16 and 17 and making them part of an under 20's team, that is not fostering football.
Limerick advertised applications locally for players to join a minor team without permission to enter one in the first place. They were refused by LDMC who were within their right to protect the clubs in the league who have served in the league for so long. They then appealed it to MFA and having lost it there they are now appealing it to the FAI. What is the point of all this? Why spend a further €500 on another appeal to the FAI? Where will they get the players?? Lets call a spade a spade, the reason Limerick are going to these lengths is because of the potential financial upside this will bring in solidarity grants, plain and simple. Have a look at the youth leagues this season - 6 teams in division 1 (will probably be gone down to 5 by next week) and 4 teams in division 2. It's farcical! Is it Limericks fault alone? Absolutely not. Are they a contributing factor? Absolutely yes.
If the FAI allow Limerick to enter a team locally then the FAI decsion is binding. However, such is the level of antagonism towards Limerick at the moment that they will find out that there are no teams locally who will field against them. Now you can argue until the cows come home but the majority of people involved in schoolboy and junior football in Limerick are fair minded and sporting people who give of their time freely and also support the senior team. You need to ask the question - why are they all so pi$$ed off?
I would be more in favour of a representative of Limerick FC being put forward on the local schoolboy and junior councils and being a link between the bodies.
We have the strongest junior league in the country as we proved yet again last season - lets get the most from each other to make sure everyone benefits.......fairly.

What about if a player moves from a local club to Limerick FC before the age of 18, then Limerick could provide that particular club a compensation fee.......

Xile
28/08/2010, 11:25 AM
Bono, you honestly have no clue as to why Limerick aree entering into the League by the looks of things.

Not to mention, Consider this:

Most of the Limerick FC U20's Team is 17/18 and some 16, this group will pose a large ammount of the 17/18 Team, as to stop 'taking' players from other clubs.

Is it not within the complete right of the player to sign with whoever the **** he wants? If he wants to sign for Limerick and try to get to LOI Level through it, leave him off. If he wants to sign for Fairview, Pike, or Summerville - Leave him off.

Bonovox
28/08/2010, 11:27 AM
The only reason Limerick should be signing a player under 18 is if he is good enough to go straight into the senior squad. Then yes a case could be made for compensating the foster club. Other than that why do Limerick need a minor team?

Bonovox
28/08/2010, 11:35 AM
Bono, you honestly have no clue as to why Limerick aree entering into the League by the looks of things.

Most of the Limerick FC U20's Team is 17/18 and some 16, this group will pose a large ammount of the 17/18 Team, as to stop 'taking' players from other clubs.

Is it not within the complete right of the player to sign with whoever the **** he wants? If he wants to sign for Limerick and try to get to LOI Level through it, leave him off. If he wants to sign for Fairview, Pike, or Summerville - Leave him off.

Xile - it is exactly this sort of attitude that pi$$es people off. Firstly just because they are signed with the 20's doesn't mean they will sign a minor form. One of the attractions of the 20's league is that it allows players to sign a 20's form and then return to his club in December. I can guarantee you most of the current 20's squad have this in mind. Just because they play 20's doesn't mean Limerick own the players!
I thought my post was fair and balanced but as usual along comes a Limerick head and lets down the side again. BTW your grammar is sh!te as well.

Jofspring
28/08/2010, 1:49 PM
I agree with most of your original reply bonovox but I wasn't implying Limerick had brought through any players but that they want to get them in younger. From u7 right up to u18. With Limerick being a loi club they don't have the time to wait for current u7's and 8's etc.... To get to an age where they can go through to the first team so not only do Limerick need the underage teams but they need 17's and 18's also. If Limerick don't start setting up these teams at all age levels then they will forever rely on Junior clubs for players which I don't think would be a good thing either. Most junior clubs have no problem with Limerick but I can guarantee you it's the one or two big clubs around town that are pulling all the strings around this issue. The big clubs are just looking after number one and protecting their own interests, which I'm sure is what Limerick are doing too. The only difference is Limerick can offer the best players that come through Loi football and the junior teams can't to a cartain extent, and I think this frightens them for the future of their Junior teams not the best interests of any of the young players.

Bonovox
28/08/2010, 2:05 PM
I agree with most of your original reply bonovox but I wasn't implying Limerick had brought through any players but that they want to get them in younger. From u7 right up to u18. With Limerick being a loi club they don't have the time to wait for current u7's and 8's etc.... To get to an age where they can go through to the first team so not only do Limerick need the underage teams but they need 17's and 18's also. If Limerick don't start setting up these teams at all age levels then they will forever rely on Junior clubs for players which I don't think would be a good thing either. Most junior clubs have no problem with Limerick but I can guarantee you it's the one or two big clubs around town that are pulling all the strings around this issue. The big clubs are just looking after number one and protecting their own interests, which I'm sure is what Limerick are doing too. The only difference is Limerick can offer the best players that come through Loi football and the junior teams can't to a cartain extent, and I think this frightens them for the future of their Junior teams not the best interests of any of the young players.

jofspring - I agree with your sentiment but will always argue that Limerick don't need a minor team. You come across as a very rational and grounded individual. Maybe you could suggest to the powers that be in Limerick to organise a meeting between Limerick and the clubs. Get all the issues out in the open and provide some middle ground where all soccer loving people in Limerick can exist in harmony for the common good.

Treaty Gooner
28/08/2010, 4:33 PM
Do you really think that all the local soccer ruling bodies will sit down to talk about this? Never gona happen, especially with the current committees and their members in place. Everyone knows who exactly is the biggest obstacle to Limerick's inclusion and that shows no sign of changing any time soon.

bluewhitearmy
29/08/2010, 2:50 PM
If it was anyone other then Limerick lets say Weston Villa wanted to set up 17s 18s and 19s there would be no complaints at all.

And the reasons you give for Limerick wanting to put in a team are a joke by the way.

Clubs losing teams because Limerick took players were the squads really that small that losing 2 or 3 players meant they had to pull out of the league?

You also say there will only be 4 or 5 teams in the league surely there is room for Limerick so with such low numbers?

Oh and as for your reply to Xile what attitude does he have that "pi$$es people off."?
And having a player signed to the 20s means that we own the player in the same way any junior team or schoolboy team owns a player on a form.

Jofspring
29/08/2010, 5:00 PM
jofspring - I agree with your sentiment but will always argue that Limerick don't need a minor team. You come across as a very rational and grounded individual. Maybe you could suggest to the powers that be in Limerick to organise a meeting between Limerick and the clubs. Get all the issues out in the open and provide some middle ground where all soccer loving people in Limerick can exist in harmony for the common good.

Problem is this would never happen. The clubs would look at it that they have no reason to sit down with Limerick as they've prevented them putting in teams already.

ped_ped
30/08/2010, 3:27 PM
plus limerick are starting to thickoff junior clubs cos of them trying to get minor & schoolboy teams in to the local league

Okay very little of this thread since this post has actually been about whether Limerick are moving or not . . . I'm surprised there isn't a thread about Limerick entering minor teams, but for the moment can anybody give me an update on the situation with the Market's Field?

osarusan
30/08/2010, 3:33 PM
Here's a thread from the Limerick section of boards.ie (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056014445) on the issue.

Johnnie C
31/08/2010, 12:52 PM
Is Hogan Park not an option for Limerick anymore ? There is ample room out there to develop a proper stadium compared to the space restraints around Jackman.

Jofspring
31/08/2010, 1:14 PM
Is Hogan Park not an option for Limerick anymore ? There is ample room out there to develop a proper stadium compared to the space restraints around Jackman.

If not the Markets field then i'd love to see Limerick buy Hogan Park if it was available. New roads all around that area and plenty of space for development.

LK37oldskool
01/09/2010, 12:49 PM
POS has made another formal bid according to the Leader. Also one of the councillers has come out and said that no-one will get permission to re-zone the site which seriously reduces many(if any) other bidders interest in buying the property.

Jofspring
01/09/2010, 4:02 PM
With the public tender is there only a certain time frame that people have to make a bid for the Markets Field or is it open until Bord na gCon devide they are happy with an offer?

Monkfish
01/09/2010, 5:04 PM
Save your money Pat, Markets Field means very little to most of the fans going these days. Always be associated with the glory holes who clinged to the club during the good days. :p

No changing rooms

No floodlights

No crash barriers

No seats

Not even goal posts in the place. :laugh:

Lim till i die
01/09/2010, 5:06 PM
Erm, we have to move ground at some stage.

What's your alternative?

Monkfish
01/09/2010, 5:14 PM
Erm, we have to move ground at some stage.

Nonsence, but if we do id rather do up Rathbane.

Lim till i die
01/09/2010, 5:21 PM
Nonsence

No it's not. :confused:

but if we do id rather do up Rathbane

No changing rooms

No floodlights

No crash barriers

No seats

And it wouldn't be free either. ;)

Monkfish
01/09/2010, 5:32 PM
Barriers, lights and changing rooms in Rathbane.

Lim till i die
01/09/2010, 5:37 PM
Barriers, lights and changing rooms in Rathbane.

Where are the crash barriers?? The steel fences at the bottom of the gravel/grass banks don't count btw.

The lights would have to be replaced.

The changing rooms are in bits, dunno whether would be cheaper to completely revamp them or build new ones but whatever

Monkfish
01/09/2010, 5:41 PM
You can only go 6 steps without hitting the wall in Hogan Park. Thats proper barrier stoppage!

Lim till i die
01/09/2010, 5:42 PM
Wall would have to be rebuilt ;)

gael353
02/09/2010, 10:09 PM
Where are the crash barriers?? The steel fences at the bottom of the gravel/grass banks don't count btw.

The lights would have to be replaced.

The changing rooms are in bits, dunno whether would be cheaper to completely revamp them or build new ones but whatever

the steel barriers (fence like) were all brought to jackman but all vanished. The floodlights in rathbane are now outdated and at one grand a pop for bulbs are worth a miss.
About a year ago the ladies team played a match there......the showers were not used......

Bonovox
03/09/2010, 12:58 PM

Limerick have lost their appeal to the FAI to enter a minor team into the local league and have proven themselves very naieve and foolish again not long after the Barcelona debacle. I hope followers of Limerick will ask why they have pursued this all the way to Dublin at considerable cost.

blueblood
03/09/2010, 3:48 PM
I hope followers of Limerick will ask why they have pursued this all the way to Dublin at considerable cost.

There's nothing to ask because it's pretty obvious why Limerick wanted to enter underage teams- To develop and coach young players, surely this is a good thing or would it be bettter if Limerick let other clubs develop them and be accused of stealing players,

What do you think Limerick should be allowed do Bonovox, just use players from outside limerick and not upset the junior clubs :confused:

Monkfish
03/09/2010, 10:21 PM
What do you think Limerick should be allowed do Bonovox, just use players from outside limerick and not upset the junior clubs :confused:

Nah, we should just curl up and die so all the best players in Limerick will stop progressing and go back to junior clubs and make a handful of junior club members happy.

Lim till i die
04/09/2010, 1:38 AM
I hope followers of Limerick will ask why they have pursued this all the way to Dublin at considerable cost.

€7,000,000,000,000,000,001 I heard it cost. :bulgy:

Anyone know the reason the ldmc gave for refusing Limerick?

LK37oldskool
04/09/2010, 6:09 PM
€7,000,000,000,000,000,001 I heard it cost. :bulgy:

Ask Botox or whatever his name is,he has all the answers.As long as people like him are involved in soccer in Limerick we'll always struggle.

gael353
04/09/2010, 7:24 PM

good question, anyone know lads?

Mr A
07/09/2010, 2:01 PM
About a year ago the ladies team played a match there......the showers were not used......

Dang. Hours of concealment wasted for you.

:)

L37Ultra
09/09/2010, 12:44 PM
Dang. Hours of concealment wasted for you.

:)

You obviously have never seen our ladies team play :)