PDA

View Full Version : Joe Gamble om Pats/Cork

Dodge
23/04/2004, 2:58 PM
"I want to join a club that is ambitious and wants to win the league. I've sopken to Eamonn Collins and pat Dolan and both have impressed me. Pats have already given me a concrete offer and its an attractive one. But pat Dolan is coming over to see me playtomorrow against Leigh RMI - and we intend to have a chat afterwards. It's nice to have a few options. I'm Cork through and through but a concrete offer is a concrete offer. I'll decided what to do in the next few weeks."

Seems like he's waiting for Cork to make a decent offer.

in today's Mirror

Eric
23/04/2004, 3:02 PM
Pat is going to have a chat with him him after the game. Hope he has an interpreter with him to sort through the ****e talk :rolleyes:

SÓC
23/04/2004, 3:07 PM
Gamble has played for City when we were run like a bad school fair so I wouldnt be surprised if he was careful about joining us again.

In saying that he was in school with Sweeney so Im sure he's heard that we've changed a shítload since then.

We could do with him big time, as could Pats.

Troy.McClure
23/04/2004, 3:09 PM
He's really the type of player we need alright, shouldnt have been alowd leave in the first place.

Come home Gamble!

Dodge
23/04/2004, 3:13 PM
Remind me again, is he left or right sided?

SÓC
23/04/2004, 3:16 PM
Remind me again, is he left or right sided?

Mainly centre as far as I can remember, but right footed.
Open to correction.

Dodge
23/04/2004, 3:17 PM
Damn thought he was left sided...

SÓC
23/04/2004, 3:19 PM
Damn thought he was left sided...

Ye can have Billy Woods for Ndo

NorthoftheLee
23/04/2004, 3:21 PM
Ye can have Billy Woods for Ndo
thats not fair.....offer him K murray instead...he can play midfield and defence....

Dodge
23/04/2004, 3:30 PM
Wouldn't swap Ndo for anybody else in this league. The lads a ****ing genius. Shame he's surrounded by mediocrity

NorthoftheLee
23/04/2004, 3:34 PM
Wouldn't swap Ndo for anybody else in this league. The lads a ****ing genius. Shame he's surrounded by mediocrity

you obviously haven't seen young kev play so.....if only you knew

pete
23/04/2004, 3:39 PM
Could stiull be a bit of a Gamble :eek: on him cos who knows how hes progressed since leaving city. Playing in the Conference isn't likely to have dopne that much good....?

Eric
24/04/2004, 1:02 PM
thats not fair.....offer him K murray instead...he can play....

Could've fooled me!!!!! :D

GavinZac
25/04/2004, 9:08 AM
Could stiull be a bit of a Gamble :eek: on him cos who knows how hes progressed since leaving city. Playing in the Conference isn't likely to have dopne that much good....?

probably better than the way city are playing anyway.

shedite
27/04/2004, 2:26 PM
Gamble verbally agrees to join Cork City. A great signing imo!

Seriously?

Where the hell is he going to fit into the team? Doyler is a must in the form he's in at the moment. As is Flynn. Dolan seems to be a big Fenn fan. O'Callaghan isn't going to be dropped either. It's turning into a Kevin Keegan style team. All forward players and sh1te defence.

Éanna
27/04/2004, 4:22 PM
Gamble in centre midfield in replace of CT?? Dolan won't drop anyone else imo.
yeah, I'd saythat'll be it. CT will probably drop to right back then. Could work, but I'm a bit sceptical to be honest

shedite
27/04/2004, 5:20 PM
Gamble in centre midfield in replace of CT?? Dolan won't drop anyone else imo.

CT isn't playing at the moment. Granted I think he should be, but where do people think Gamble will fit in? Midfield seems to have sorted itself out now. Well at least it's not as bad as the defence anway.

Gary
27/04/2004, 5:40 PM
He only missed the last game due to suspension and will probably slot back into the first team in place of Sweeney against Bohs.

If Gamble has signed on - great. But verbally? Not worth the breath it was spoken in if it dont come to pass.

thecorner
27/04/2004, 6:15 PM
colin o brien cant be dropped

he was been one of our better performers this season

let gamble work for his place

tiktok
27/04/2004, 8:48 PM
colin o brien cant be dropped

agree completely, probably been our most consistent performer apart from Doyle.

Maybe Dolan should just bite the bullet, put Gamble in midfield with CT and push george up front with Fenn/Doyler (and then Flynn again when he's back)

although there's little point discussing it until we have a written agreement.

Gary
27/04/2004, 8:54 PM
While I do believe Gamble would be a very positive signing for City, he should have to EARN his starting spot, unlike Fenn, who walked right in and has stayed there.

Fenn aint playing well, and possibly becasue he didnt have to earn his sport is why he is so lax at the mo. Ive no doubt that a dose of the bench would do him the world of good, then we can see what he is all about after he has fought his way back into the starting XI.

Ditto for Gamble. By giving a guy a starting spot immediately could unsettle squad morale, also could give the newcomer the impression that he doesnt have to try that hard to stay in the team.

I know the flipside of that argement is that Flynn & George were automatic when they arrived, BUT, at that time, the only recognised striker we had was Colin P. Jimmy Mull was away getting an operation. So that justifies that. The fact they scored a few goals in their opening games helped a tad as well! :)

Éanna
28/04/2004, 6:07 PM
While I do believe Gamble would be a very positive signing for City, he should have to EARN his starting spot, unlike Fenn, who walked right in and has stayed there.

Fenn aint playing well, and possibly becasue he didnt have to earn his sport is why he is so lax at the mo. Ive no doubt that a dose of the bench would do him the world of good, then we can see what he is all about after he has fought his way back into the starting XI.
well said :)

Gary
03/05/2004, 5:30 PM
Well, Barnet lost on Penalties to Shrewsbury in the Play Off semi, os with any luck, Gamble will see this as a reason to come home to City.

Looked handy enough what i saw of it.

adamcarr
03/05/2004, 9:42 PM
I thought he barely got into the game at all. Looked more like Fenn than Georgie to me. :eek:

pete
04/05/2004, 11:00 AM
saw the barnet game. gamble made some nice passes to the forwards but isnt that what georgie is doing. didnt put in many tackles

Well George dispossed Kevin Hunt to setup Fenns goal on friday so just cos a player can pass doesn't mean they can;y tackle.

:rolleyes: