PDA

View Full Version : Robbie Keane on Bench

Bowsy
23/04/2004, 2:12 PM
Quick question. Are there any Spurs fans out there? Have noticed Robbie Keane has been on the bench recently with Defoe and Kanoute preferred up front. Has he being playing poorly? Could this become a problem?

drummerboy
23/04/2004, 2:16 PM
He has'nt scored a league in ages. Wouldn't be too worried though because there will be a new manager in the summer. I think Robbie needs a big man up front to benefit his game. He always looked really dangerious when playing with Big Niall.

Stephen Kelly has done reasonably well since he got in as a replacement for the suspended Carr. He's best position is in the centre I'm told. One for the future.

Bowsy
23/04/2004, 2:21 PM
Would hate to see a problem like he had with getting past Viduka and Smith at Leeds forcing him to move again.

As regards Kelly, from an irish point of view it would be ideal if Carr did move to another Premiership side during summer leaving the door open for Kelly to step up.

drummerboy
23/04/2004, 2:25 PM
I agree with you. I've always been a fan of Stephen Carr but his body language over the past season, both for Ireland and Spurs, suggests that he is a troubled soul. He seemly had a bust-up with Ian Harte before the last international.

scouser
23/04/2004, 7:07 PM
As much as I hate his arrogance, he should definitely be up front at Tottenham - has scored most of their goals all season - Pleat is just getting desperate now by dropping him.

carnstien
24/04/2004, 12:37 PM
Robbie has only managed 12 goals in 30 games for Spurs this season, not great, but before Spurs' recent slump he was on 11 goals in 20 games, which is very good. Kanoute has 7 in 23 and Defoes has 5 in 11, neither of which are records that would blow you away and I think Robbie contributes far more than either of these guys when he is not scoring.

The problem at Spurs is the lack of service from midfield. Davis is the only decent midfielder they have, apart from Redknapp who is constantly injured and King who is a defender. They could do with getting in someone like Andy Ried in and a solid central midfielder if they can find one during the summer.

ElSieteSecretos
24/04/2004, 1:57 PM
And Spurs need a new manager urgent