PDA

View Full Version : Tipp South & District League Youths 2010/11

ShaneM
23/08/2010, 10:39 PM
why did saint kevins pull out of the league lads?

balls
24/08/2010, 12:34 PM
prob could not get team together. it is very hard get a youths team together with lads working , loosing interest in football etc when they hit the 17 or 18 year old mark

ShaneM
24/08/2010, 9:01 PM
ya difficult enough...would a lot of them young player be playing junior A and B?who do ye think will win the two divisions?

Pearoso27
13/09/2010, 11:27 AM
ya difficult enough...would a lot of them young player be playing junior A and B?who do ye think will win the two divisions?

Its incredibly hard to get a Youth team going at the start of the season because lads at that age are already playing GAA for about a month, then you have the fact that they for some reason nearly always go on holiday in August and the interest isn't there in training only way to get them involved is by playing matches and your back competing with the whole GAA issue. Vicious circle.
For me its between Cahir/ Saints/ Town for 1st Division, i know there is only 4 teams but it is hard to separate them and the 2nd Division Clonmel Celtic or St.Nicholas.
Good to see this thread opened ive avoided this Forum after last year bitterness/controversy over FAI Junior.

ShaneM
23/09/2010, 5:42 PM
Its incredibly hard to get a Youth team going at the start of the season because lads at that age are already playing GAA for about a month, then you have the fact that they for some reason nearly always go on holiday in August and the interest isn't there in training only way to get them involved is by playing matches and your back competing with the whole GAA issue. Vicious circle.
For me its between Cahir/ Saints/ Town for 1st Division, i know there is only 4 teams but it is hard to separate them and the 2nd Division Clonmel Celtic or St.Nicholas.
Good to see this thread opened ive avoided this Forum after last year bitterness/controversy over FAI Junior.

not being biased or anything..i think myself peake villa have a great chance of winning this league...i seen them play cashel and clonmel celtic and looked vey good...should have beaten celtic....will b interesting to see how they perform against town in the munster youths cup on saturday....completely agree with the gaa part tho..

hooper74
23/09/2010, 6:21 PM
not being biased or anything..i think myself peake villa have a great chance of winning this league...i seen them play cashel and clonmel celtic and looked vey good...should have beaten celtic....will b interesting to see how they perform against town in the munster youths cup on saturday....completely agree with the gaa part tho..

Are you actually saying that peake villa youth team will win the league?? they will get murdered on saturday by clonmel town,in the last decade peake villa won munster youth cups and won leagues without losing a game,they had quality players like alan leahy,foggy,ted o connor,paul breen,kevin fogarty but that is not the case anymore

Pearoso27
24/09/2010, 8:28 AM
Ive seen Celtic play this year they are strong but had a few very young players on the day and lost to Saints 1 nil it was close though. Town are the holders of this particular Cup so they wont be bowing down to anyone easily. Should be a good game if Peake are as strong as you say.

ShaneM
24/09/2010, 3:20 PM
Are you actually saying that peake villa youth team will win the league?? they will get murdered on saturday by clonmel town,in the last decade peake villa won munster youth cups and won leagues without losing a game,they had quality players like alan leahy,foggy,ted o connor,paul breen,kevin fogarty but that is not the case anymore

peake villa were only 1-0 down to clonmel town with 10 minute to go a few weeks ago....im not saying that they will win the league im saying that they have a chance to win the league...and peake villa have a very good side this year and i agree that peake villa are strong underdogs going into the match tomorrow....but the two teams will be well up for it and should be a good battle....and clerihan drew 2-2 with clonmel town in clonmel and peake villa should have beaten clerihan by a sizeable margin...

hooper74
24/09/2010, 4:56 PM
peake villa were only 1-0 down to clonmel town with 10 minute to go a few weeks ago....im not saying that they will win the league im saying that they have a chance to win the league...and peake villa have a very good side this year and i agree that peake villa are strong underdogs going into the match tomorrow....but the two teams will be well up for it and should be a good battle....and clerihan drew 2-2 with clonmel town in clonmel and peake villa should have beaten clerihan by a sizeable margin...

Correct me if im wrong but did Town not win that game 4-0 without 6 or 7 regulars due to a minor south final with clonmel commercials? If that is the case it will be 4 or 5 again tomorrow

ShaneM
26/09/2010, 10:01 AM
ya well even with the clonmel regulars back peake villa still gave them a great game and could have easily ran out winners....peake vill were beaten 2-1 in a very tight game which peake villa dominated a lot of...and its easy to win games when every ref in the league is biased towards them....he made some unbelievable decisions including sending peake villas goalscorer off for a perfectly good tackle...

ShaneM
29/09/2010, 8:35 AM
lads, any info on st michaels this season?think villa are due to play em soon and think villa have a good chance after villas game with town.
who are there star players?
our backs are farely poor,what are saints strikers like?

hooper74
02/10/2010, 6:14 PM
lads, any info on st michaels this season?think villa are due to play em soon and think villa have a good chance after villas game with town.

Heard ye were hammered 5-1 today Shane.....the ref must have been bad again :)

ShaneM
03/10/2010, 8:46 PM
no yesterday the weather was bad barry...:L

hooper74
03/10/2010, 9:06 PM
no yesterday the weather was bad barry...:L

Barry Ryan i take it? oh so ye only play well in the sunshine then yeah? so how is that chance of winning the league looking? your spelling is on a par with your goalkeeping shane :)

ShaneM
03/10/2010, 9:27 PM
hahahaha

ShaneM
03/10/2010, 9:36 PM

lads who has my password as i did not post this comment....