PDA

View Full Version : Ever feel guilty?

RonnieB
23/08/2010, 8:11 PM
About not getting to games? Not gettint to support the team as much as you once did?

Im ****ed off with this season, have hardly made any games due to changes in my working life with a new job :(

Friday nights now make it nearly impossible to get to a game as by the time I get out of work on a friday its after 6:30... and then the joys of dublins traffic.

Still give money to the supporters trust but it just aint the same :(

Martinho II
23/08/2010, 8:35 PM
About not getting to games? Not gettint to support the team as much as you once did?

Im ****ed off with this season, have hardly made any games due to changes in my working life with a new job :(

Friday nights now make it nearly impossible to get to a game as by the time I get out of work on a friday its after 6:30... and then the joys of dublins traffic.

Still give money to the supporters trust but it just aint the same :(

its sad when it happens ronnie and you are very unfortunate this year there are very little Dublin teams in it!

Longfordian
24/08/2010, 11:22 AM
It is particularly difficult to get to many games if you're living away from Longford now alright but you just have to support them in your own ways. When we make a victorious return to the Premier Division and Europe it'll be better!

Macy
25/08/2010, 8:08 AM
All the feckin time.

RonnieB
25/08/2010, 12:26 PM
Thing is I never lived in Longford, I always have been an hour drive to home games only difference was I was my own boss and could leave work when I needed to :)

Oh to go back in time ;)

Anyway here is hoping we can pull one of the greatest results of the last while and upset rovers...

poster
25/08/2010, 12:57 PM
Anyway here is hoping we can pull one of the greatest results of the last while and upset rovers...

Richie Winter is refing his club on Friday night.

Yer in deep trouble.:dead-flower:

Darkglasses
25/08/2010, 1:29 PM
Yeah I feel guilty for missing games too, same story as you, got a new job working Friday nights!

poster
25/08/2010, 1:51 PM
Lads. is yer game V Shels down for Sat 11th, on a Friday now? Or is it being kept at the Saturday??

outspoken
25/08/2010, 5:28 PM
Lads. is yer game V Shels down for Sat 11th, on a Friday now? Or is it being kept at the Saturday??

All remaining games this season have been moved to Friday nights.

The Insider
25/08/2010, 7:05 PM
The Shels game is on the Saturday night. That game and the Mervue Utd one on the 2nd Oct are the only ones that haven't been changed. All the other games are on Friday nights. Got that from a committee member.

Martinho II
25/08/2010, 7:46 PM
The Shels game is on the Saturday night. That game and the Mervue Utd one on the 2nd Oct are the only ones that haven't been changed. All the other games are on Friday nights. Got that from a committee member.

I wonder why the shels game is on the saturday night along with Mervue game?. Liverpool legends game is the day after the shels game..

The Insider
25/08/2010, 8:11 PM
I wonder why the shels game is on the saturday night along with Mervue game?. Liverpool legends game is the day after the shels game..

Probably because for Dublin and Galway, Longford is a short distance away. When you look at the other games that are on Fridays they are teams that have to travel long distances - Derry, Waterford and Wexford. We have to travel to their grounds on a Friday.

outspoken
26/08/2010, 8:44 AM
A its a load of crap either keep it Friday or Saturday and dont be making it difficult and confusing for people

Bosco
26/08/2010, 12:00 PM
Yes, constantly feeling guilty,only been to about 4 or 5 matches this season,I'll be present at the Rovers match though looking like a shameful sunshine supporter.....

sean r
27/08/2010, 4:19 AM
i think the memory of longford welsh adventure keep people away anyone remember carmarthen town??

Longfordian
27/08/2010, 10:04 AM
Doesn't ring a bell, no. If they're letting one match five years ago, bad as it was, keep them away, then they're the type who'd find another reason not to go anyway. Similarly some people who professed themselves diehard Town fans and used to blame the manager/style of play for not going made no attempt to come back once there was a change.

RonnieB
27/08/2010, 10:13 AM
^^ what he said.

outspoken
27/08/2010, 10:50 AM
Longford is full of sunshine supporters and theyl be out in force tonight singing I'm Longford till I die like there's no tomorrow but once the little spell is over theyl be gone and hide away until we get to another final and they annoy me more than barstoolers do eithier stay away or make the effort

Macy
27/08/2010, 11:02 AM
Doesn't ring a bell, no. If they're letting one match five years ago, bad as it was, keep them away, then they're the type who'd find another reason not to go anyway. Similarly some people who professed themselves diehard Town fans and used to blame the manager/style of play for not going made no attempt to come back once there was a change.
Yes and no. I do know a few people who were going a long time, through crap previous 1st Division seasons who have barely been back since because of the hurt that day. Who am I to judge given what they've put in before?

But there's plenty that'll use any excuse, but it's hard to draw a line at whats a genuine reason/ excuse and what isn't. Back in my young, free and single days I wouldn't accept the reasons I now give (which I guess is where the guilt comes from).

Longfordian
27/08/2010, 6:33 PM
Seems strange to me, there's been plenty (well, some) good moments since. I was as gutted as anyone but there was still a club to support when the dust settled, nobody died and a lot of work went into keeping the club going afterward in very difficult circumstances. I can definitely understand how people can't go as much due to different circumstances, it's much the same with myself, but to jack in years of going all on the back of one (mostly I reckon) unintentional disaster seems a bit ott to me.

poster
31/08/2010, 2:11 PM
Any confirmation on the Shels game lads? Thanks for yer help!

Martinho II
31/08/2010, 5:07 PM
Any confirmation on the Shels game lads? Thanks for yer help!

well poster shels game is definitely on the saturday night at 7.30 pm the day before the liverpool legends game..